TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Karringtyn. Hi, hate to butt into your conversation but was looking at your photo and they are beautiful, you can see the connection the two of you have. Pictures don't lie. I'm sorry about your OCD. I work with a 9 yr old autistic girl with that dx but With ADHD what a combination. She can't move off a writing pad unless she dots the I and crosses the T. Sometimes it's very difficult to work with her bc if she doesn't get to do it she tantrums and she is a big girl. I've been with her since she's 3 it's been a great relationship. Love her like my own..
My issue is with ADD. Very hard to stay on topic, have 4 conversations at once and when I try and clean I start in one room find something that doesn't belong, bring it into that room so now I start cleaning that one and obviously nothing gets done. I'm just like the childrens book. IfYou Give A Mouse a Cookie....
Feel good, don't be so hard on yourself. Wouldn't you rather be with your hubby, than clean a room??? Maybe you can just dust him off and you both could be on your merry way together
Ps on the 14th I will be 2 months since my tkr and at times feel like I'm going 2 steps forward 3 steps back. I hate my uncooperative log leg..and just wish the shooting pain would go away
 
Well....PT today. Yeah...I am doing good. I push myself but I am learning fast when to SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW down. I walk with no aid...no limp and my pt even said....UM looking at you ...you can't even tell you had a replacement.....hahahha good thing these people can't read my mind. It's been a good few days. Pain right now is about a 2. It was a snow day today. In expectation of a huge snowstorm were were suppose to get. It is snowing now, which makes me scared for hubsters.....remember he is a Texan...first winter with snow.

SO at PT today I took some shots....bwhahahah one of how I look while holding my breath in pain and another with TENS machine on....

[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath


Yes I hold my breath during pain.

Tonight consists of me laying here in bed.....reading....maybe writing and watching some Netflix......hubs works till 10.
 
Don't hold your breath. Breathe thru the pain it'll feel much better!!
 
I wish they could have used a tens unit on me but I have a pacemaker . Oh well, I've succeeded without it . My only pain is very sporadic and in soft tissue close to the surface . I only take pain meds at bed time and that a Tylenol PM type to help me sleep more than for pain . My OS asked me yesterday how my pain was and I said what pain, I don't have any .

Rick
 
@susanne I am SLOWLY learning that...kind of like labor...BREATHE!!! The face I make crack me up I can see myself in the mirror and I am like REALLY???

Another gentleman came in for PT when I was working out...I could tell he had a knee replacement...oh he looked sooo sore. I wanted to go over pick him up and rock him. He was an older gentleman and he looked like he hurt so bad!
 
@RickSt I want to drive in two weeks....I have to be off pain meds....that's the goal.
 
Oh @Karringtyn I hope you can. I'm nine weeks and still can't cos of meds. Xxxxx good luck I mean it I really hope you achieve that one I would love it xxxx
 
@RickSt I want to drive in two weeks....I have to be off pain meds....that's the goal.

I started driving at the 5 week mark before my OS said I could . I wasn't taking pain meds anyway and with my big feet I don't have to lift my leg to go from accelerator to brake . I just pivot my heel

Rick
 
Yeah, well don't go by me dear...because each person is different each journey is different and NO ONE should compare. Some need drugs, some don't......I just have to start driving again....So I am trying to work on everything possible so I can drive in a week and a half.

Pain level is about a 3 today. My knee is swollen but sleep was beautiful last night. Had hubs take zzzzzz and that knocked him out....he wasn't even snoring...which helped me!

Did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and listed some more items for sale online...that's pretty much it for today. I sold $40 so far off little piddely items....like high heels that I won't wear again lol.

Going to go snooze for a bit....:sleep:
 
Big day for hubs and I. We have an amazing date planned for tonight. Dinner at our Fave Restaurant....shopping at my favorite stores....and just time for him and I. I plan to get dressed up, makeup on, hair done...the whole nine yards. Pain is about a 2 this morning. Was really bad late last night...only because I am now coming off pain meds and going from every 5 hours...to every 6...it's an adjustment.

I can't believe we have been together a year today. My profile pic is of us meeting at the airport for the first time.....

I am having a hard time with bonesmart loading...so haven't been really reading individual posts....catch me up... @braindoc @RickSt @icep707 @Foxmyster1967 @Bluetechseeker @dogwheels @Ellejay @Nana moon 27 @Nana Mo @Mimi2u @susanne and everyone else!!
 
Hi @Karringtyn - I have been trying to tell you how utterly amazing that photo of you and your man meeting at the airport is. Don't think I have ever seen a photo overflowing with so much emotion. But, like you, I have had days of problems with this site. I resorted to using my phone at one point. I am holding my breath now as it appears to be OK and therefore I am doing a quick catch up, but it could go down at any minute......
I hope that you both have a really lovely day today. A special day for 2 special people. I also hope that your knee knows all about your plans and is on its best behaviour - (even if you have to pay for it a bit tomorrow :sigh:).

Have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing all about it tomorrow.
Chris X
 
Your poor hubby, dealing with that winter vortez. Dont laugh but I have never seen a snowfall. My area in San Francisco Bay Area never ever gets snowfall. An occasional frost annually. It will kill the out door plants and ice up the windshield. Thats about it . I can drive 3 hours to Tahoe but never had that desire. However it is in my bucket list. You sound like you are doing amazing. Keep up the great work . Congratulations on the anniversary. Time does fly by . Me and my GF have been together 5 years, Coincidentally she is 14 years younger than me . After our first or second date I had doubts about a long term relationship but she has grown on me like mold . She gets my humor and adores me and doesnt judge me about my troubled past. Granted she not the domestic Goddess I was dreaming for ,in fact I have to clean up after her . I drove very early on as I was only on tramadol and tylenol , after day 5 or 6. I also take 1 celebrex daily . And I drove out of necessity. Plus my knee was and is pretty stable and my quads never really hurt and had great strengh early on . Never had that notorious leg log . I have stepped up my activities but I pay for it late at night and early mornings. OH! I use my new knee for gas and old knee to brake. Now I dont even think about it and honestly dont even remember how I did it yesterday. I ran around town went to OPT than to the park to do more exercises. Thus my knee is tight as I type . I need to slow down again Karringtyn. Me and GF have a romantic weekend planned , her son is going to grandparents house. Im sure she is foaming at the mouth !! Anyways im so glad you are doing much better and no longer in that image I had of you. All bundled up with all those pillows and blankets incapacitated. Keep up the great work . You got this !!
 
I for one am very proud of you . Your journey these past weeks has been very long and filled with pot holes but you have persevered and overcome . You have made the transition from a doubter to a touter . Now you are an example of what good can be accomplished .

Rick
 
Hope you and hubby had a great night........another reminder if you forget to breath just talk to someone if your talking your breathing. Good luck
 
thanks everyone!! @dogwheels this is one of the many pics from that moment.....I cry as I look at it!! BEST moment of my life!

We had a great dinner....boy my appetite is down!! I had part of a chimichanga burrito with sour cream and guac and a couple bites of frozen ice cream.....we shopped...I over did it.....before all that my ex and I had a meeting with our middle child's school....so it was a very busy day. Today pain has been OUCH! Probably a 6.

I had a yummy peach margarita....it was delicious. I also drove for the first time earlier in the day....it was easy peasy. My knee was achey so I only drove once on the way to one of the shops....but it was cool to be driving again. With the sunroof open and music playing.

I decided to use the chrome browser instead of IE and it's working much better.....

SO my disability place called yesterday and the doc has given them May 11th as the tentative date back to work. Just hearing that ticked me off. I know I know......BUT I want to work!! 7 more weeks......I will benefit in the long run. I just see people going back to work.....and here I am...a waitress and I can't even possibly even think about working right now!

Hope all is well!!!
 
The usual 4:30 alarm to take the pain meds. I wake up today in twisted, stiff pain. I move to couch...elevate and I lay here. The pain is a solid 7 right now. It hasn't been this high in awhile. I think of the amazing Dunkin Donuts blueberry coffee hubs bought me last night for my Keurig. I can see my Keurig from my view from the couch. But my butt isn't moving. I wonder if I can send telepathic waves to hubby...I want coffee...I want coffee....

Pause...nope it's not working ;)
 
Hi @Karringtyn - so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary. Sounds like you had an amazing day. Another lovely picture of you both for the album.
Sorry that you are paying for your jaunt today though.
Don't rush away your recovery time in a bid to get back to work. Take it slow and easy. I was doing so well and considered I was making a fantastic recovery until last night! Now it feels I am back to square one and I did nothing to cause it.
Anyway hope the pain reduces and you get your coffee soon.
X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom