Guest viewing is limited

THR All Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab. Barbara, I know exactly what you mean. Keep looking at the apt.and garden making lists of what needs to be done.so glad you continue to do well. The end of bone pain is,a miracle.
 
If I had realized how bad it was going to be I would have brought cans of prune juice to the hospital.
:) I already bought that a few weeks ago for just that purpose LOL. And I plan to have Mr ZzzzzF bring oatmeal to me for first solids-- comfort food (and slow carbs, which I need)!!! But the mush stuff, I need to check into those-- a very good idea!
Glad you are doing better! And I agree, better safe than sorry on the colace!
 
So glad you are feeling better and starting to see the benefits of this great surgery. :egypdance:
 
I'm so glad you finally 'went' that awful feeling really drags you down and the relief when it finally happens!!!! Now you can get on with the main part of recovery and enjoy the wonderful feelings of being pain free, it feels so good doesn't it? :)
 
Littlejem It is wonderful. One week ago today I was in agony, trying to sit in the car without flinching every time we hit a bump. So grateful for this, even with the post surgical discomfort.

The support and information from my BS friends has been an enormous help. Can't put it into words.
 
So, so true LeeApril26 this site is such a wonderful place and I'm so glad we all found it and each other! My first hip feels so good and I will be grateful when my second hip is done and all my pain disappears!! :ok:
 
LeeApril26, It sounds like your operation went well....how are you doing now? In your last post you were dizzy when up and walking about. Hope everything is good.
 
sandybeach. Hi, I'm doing pretty well for one week out. The dizzness stopped when a second hospital PT said to look ahead rather than down while on the walker. I came home with a cane on Monday and PT at home started Tuesday. I can stand long enough to make cereal and fruit for breakfast, but then get very tired so am trying to be sensible, walk once an hour, do the exercises and otherwise rest. I had a bad five days devouring Colace, and am still taking it daily. As the left hip heals I notice an ache in my right hip so I see another one in my future.
How are you doing?
 
As the left hip heals I notice an ache in my right hip

Yes Yes!! Prior to surgery I would have said only my left hip needs doing, the right one is fine. Well now, nearly 9 weeks later, the right one is acting up. A bit stiff, and I noticed pain when moving about in bed. So of course I wonder if it has been there all along but not noticed because the left hip was so bad. Also, now I'm coming off my heavy duty meds, I wonder if I'm noticing the pain there. My next appt with my OS is 12 months for my operated hip, I think I might be seeing him before that because I WILL NOT let the right hip progress as bad as my left.
 
Lenora, you sound like you are doing so well. I admire your attitude. How is the PT going?
 
Peaches thank you. I was so depressed by the pain before surgery. Now I feel optimistic and energized. But, this morning in the shower I did something really stupid. I think I'll copy Poppet and bottomshollow on this. I was in the shower looking for the shampoo and saw the bottle had fallen to the floor. Not thinking about the surgery or precautions at all I bent down and picked it up. Realized what I'd done on the way up and started to shake. Ran for my bed totally forgetting the cane, wrapped in towel and yelling for my husband.

So, there is a downside to feeling pretty good.

I don't seem to have popped the hip. The area seems more sore, and I have stayed in bed with ice, once I got dressed. This was about an hour ago. How do you remember the precautions when you feel so much better than before surgery?
 
[Bonesmart.org] All Done
LeeApril26, RELAX----everything is okay. The restrictions are there to keep us from over doing all the time. An occasional lapse is alright. I jumped up on my operated side to keep something from spilling. I had that momentary "OMG what have I done!!!" moment---but all was fine. And if you're not in pain, then all is well.


Those of us who are not usually the overly cautious type will forget from time to time. And keep in mind that some surgeons do not impose any restrictions at all---except to be reasonable about what you do. I broke the 90 degree rule a lot during my recovery---not by too many degrees, but still I had a semi-invalid hubby to look after and sometimes it was just necessary. Not only that, Lenora, but hips are not really that easy to dislocate.

However, I expect this little episode will make you think a bit more about the restrictions in the future.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
bottomshollow. Thank you. The whole hip area seems more sore, but not dislocated. I was terrified. I hope I don't do this again! Tanks for responding so quickly. I'll get out of bed now.
 
LeeApril26, I am glad you got the dizzy issues figures out, it's scary to get dizzy while walking around. Everyone's restrictions after surgery seems to be different, I could bend over right away. I bet you are feeling just the muscles stretching with a little pain from that. My OS said that it's very hard to have a dislocation. It sounds like you're doing great. Keep doing a little more each day, just don't over do and get yourself going backwards. I start PT this Wednesday, I figure by then my second hip will healed better and I will actually be able to do some the exercises.
 
We all worry about dislocating and I can imagine that if you're feeling fine with no aches or stiffness it must be so easy to overdo the 90% limit. I'm trying to push it now but my other hip is definitely holding me back, so for me bending down isn't an option just yet but in 6 weeks I hope to be worried I don't bend too much!! I'm glad you are ok, you had a shock but thank goodness you're fine and well on the way to a great recovery. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom