Guest viewing is limited

THR All Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just typed an update but somehow it didn't post. Still a little off, maybe from the pain pills.

sorry for the delay in posting while I was in the hospital. I had real problems reading and typing on my iPhone. Josephine Thanks for the brisk slap to the head. You are absolutely right, and the dizziness went away while walking once I was instructed not to look down. PT went very well yesterday. I learned stairs, which was critical as I live in a duplex. Also moved from the walker back to the cane I was using presurgery for two months. I came home today and am now lying in bed realizing that it is much more comfortable in a hospital bed.

Also, eating prunes madly.

I have an in amended, ceramic on ceramic implant (metal allergy).
Again, that's everyone.
 
Just read what I wrote. Should have done that before I posted. Sorry for all the typos. I was trYing to write "cane."
 
No worries, Lee!! Here on BoneSmart we speak "drugged recovery" language!!! Sometimes it's difficult to hit all the right keys when you are floating under the influence!:heehee:

Glad to hear you got the dizziness squared away. It's normal during those first few days. Things will settle for you and you'll be reporting all the progress you're making!!! Hang in there....
 
LeeApril26 Nothing like our own bed that is a definate. Happy healing and do the mantra rest, ice, elevate and take you meds.
 
Josephine Absolutely the can is a popular expression, but not what I was aiming for. Between my mistakes like cane/can and Apple's autocorrecting uncemented to "an amended" I don't think I made any sense at all!

More advice needed: elevating my leg on three pillows hurts my knee. since they gave me directions on how to sleep on my side, I am assuming I don't have to elevate the operated side all night? Hope not! Thanks.
 
LeeApril26 Catching up with you! Sounds like you're doing well. In addition to eating prunes, you know, you must also guzzle prune juice for the authentic experience! heh heh:whistle:
re autocorrect, do you know that website "F-word"YouAutocorrect.com? I have laughed so hard I needed Depends reading those. If I had an iphone, I think I'd turn that stuff OFF! LOL
 
Hi, Lenora and welcome to the other side. I was a wee lightheaded, too; my blood pressure was low--dipping to 83--and they monitored it a lot. Maybe that's the case with you? The professionals will of course tell you better than I ever could. I found the Norco I take made me feel a little lightheaded, too.

It IS great to have that horrible, nagging arthritis pain be gone! Sometimes I forget to notice that. I have soreness in the operated hip side sometimes, so I worry about that. But that grinding pain from before is gone and that is a relief.

I wish you the best in your recovery. If you don't mind my asking, who was your surgeon at the hospital?
 
Peaches. My surgeon is Dr. F. Boettner. The experience with him and with HSS was excellent. Did you go to HSS?
I think you're correct with all three sources of the dizziness. Not seeing so many spots, and hoping having some sleep will help. Expect the soreness will continue for wa good while, saw a picture online of how they hold the muscles apart. it's amazing we can move at all.

Now will take zauberflöte 's advice and have prune juice as well. I don't know the autocorrect website but will check it out. Thanks.
 
Good luck Lenora.. I have mine turned off on my iPad and iPhone .. But still the gremlins appear.. Hehehe!
 
Josephine Poppet. Hi, I have a constipation problem. In the hospital I had Senna, Colace and prunes with no success. Came home Monday 4/29 and continued Colace and added prune juice-still nothing so after calling surgeon'ss office added Milk of Magnesia last night, and more Colace this morning. Still no result. I am taking 2 hydro condone -acetaminophen 5/325 three or four times a day. Am I in trouble? My visiting nurse suggested 7-8 Senna at once yesterday. The Physician's Assistant at the surgeon's disagreed, and substituted the MOM. My stomach is bubbling like a volcano. I would appreciate your advice. Many thanks! Lenora
 
Hi, Lenora. I am so empathetic to what you are going through. I can't give professional advice, but will tell you what my surgeon's nurse told me to do when I was about 6 days without any movement beyond the watery ones that came about from the suppository the hospital gave me. She told me to use MOM first; then, if that didn't work, Miralax. And if that didn't work, a Fleet enema. I was eating prunes and oatmeal or bran flakes; lots of water. Well, the MOM worked. Things are not completely back to normal; but the ball got rolling. I hope you can get some relief soon. If you can, try not to panic. I know, easier said than done!
 
Thanks, Peaches. I was hopeful that MOM would work, but no luck. I am eating high fiber foods but am a little concerned about too much fiber making it worse. So much prune juice.
 
LeeApril26 I tried all sorts just after surgery and when at 7 days things still weren't moving I used a suppository to move things along, kept in in as long as I could and thankfully it unblocked it for me. Wonderful subject eh but it makes you feel so awful!! :blush:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom