THR All Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hoppy Nanny @Jaycey. Thanks for the kind support. Jaycey, if I had two falls in the first two weeks I would have had continual hysterics. I freaked out about bending over to pick up a dropped bar of soap. Hope you are having nice enough weather to have your walk.

@zauberflöte the backyard full of fairy lights sounds lovely. Such fun. Glad your foot didn't hamper your celebrations and is now healed. There are so many little bones in there! Treadmills can be treacherous.
 
Yes. @Poppet. Thanks for checking. Hip is fine. Walked 1.5 miles with no difficulty. Hand has purple spots, shoulder and back a bit sore. That was a whole lot of me being held up by my left wrist to prevent a direct hit on the hip. My rump (derriere?) is a bit bruised but that's it. I feel quite lucky that I didn't break my wrist.
 
@LeeApril26 Ouch, your wrist sounds painful. Easy does it for a bit. Sounds like you had quite a jolt!
 
@Jacey Yes, it was quite a fall. But luckily nothing broke-just some pain in the muscles between the ribs and a purple hand.

Hope you got out for your walk today.
 
Well hello fellow Hippies from 2013 - @LeeApril26 ! @Poppet, @zauberflöte , @Peaches, @Hoppy Nanny and @BarbaraR ....and anyone else I have forgotten.
So good to hear all the joints are functioning and either forgotten, or remembered for all the very right reasons! Even with a few falls thrown in!
My hip is fantasic. I'd put myself in the forgotten category. Never a twinge!
Unfortunately the left knee took a lot of battering while I struggled with the hip and finally, on 24 August, it just collapsed. 6 weeks later after almost total immobility I had the TKR on August 9. Then just 2 days after moving into the Rehab area I had a massive gastric bleed. Emergency ambulance, Haemoglobin fallen to 63, falling BP .. The whole box and dice. An urgent gastroscopy, no sedation, traumatic.
Discovered three large ulcers. An arterial bleed. So adrenaline injections to stop bleed, other cauterising and then on an intravenous PPI infusion for 72 hours. All very scary. Need a follow up Endoscope in 4-6 weeks. The probable cause? Surgery has stressed my whole system, caused changes in hormones, acid levels and ulcers formed and/ or the aspirin, anti coagulants and NSAIDS since surgery have caused ulcers ands blowed. I am home, on high Dose oral PPI and must still take aspirin for another two plus weeks to avoid DVT. I had never taken a NSAID before!
Anyway, that was 6 days out of my knee recovery Rehab. Home now angle did Rehab yesterdayPhysio says my knee is going well in spite of the set back! Now I'm focused on getting the best outcome from my hip....as I have from my knee. I expect all positives from now on. I also have @TeeEm as my recovery buddy so that's great!
 
Oh my goodness @ Maeve..you have gone through the wringer! I do hope that you can now move on in your recovery....that must have been a real scary experience...not what you needed at all after your operation. Certainly wouldn't fancy a gastroscope without any sedation. Since my op I've had nothing but problems with my stomach & hiatus hernia....probably trauma & meds as you say..........our bodies do not like them! I'm on Esomeprozole which is helping.....hoping your PPI's work well for you!
Glad that your knee seems to be behaving after all that! Hope you move on well now...take care. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Boy, that was a big scare @Maeve - I do hope you improve a little each day.. Sending hugs and love xx
 
Hi @Poppet ,
Thanks. It was a big scare and zi was also thinking about you and the terrible time you had in 2011, how are you going now? Did you have a knee that was bothering you too?
 
@LeeApril26 mAy your bruising and sore muscles heal swiftly! Very glad you didn't break your wrist!!!
@Maeve !!! Hey there :) Wow, what a scary time you have had. Glad you were in rehab where you could get immediate attention. And a new knee, tra-la tra-la!!! Your enormous patience and perseverance will get you a great outcome! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @Maeve - the knee of my un operated leg gives me referred nerve pain, but I suspect it is from my back, not my actual knee - or at least I hope so.. Time will tell.. Take care good friend, you have really been through the ringer - slow and steady honey xx
 
@Maeve I am so glad you are recovering from the gastric trauma-it sounds like a horrible and terrifying ordeal.
 
@Maeve

Hopefully the rest of your recovery will be boring! By the way, I love your name...just beautiful sounding! I was going to name my son that if he had been a girl. His name is Noah

Cheryl
 
Hi @LeeApril26

Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you are feeling a bit better now. I still worry about falling, especially when walking in the wet or down hill on slippery surfaces. I saw a hippy fall recently, only weeks out from surgery, but apart from the fright, she was fine.
 
@octopus Hi! I'm doing okay. I twisted so quickly to avoid the new hip that I hurt the muscles between my ribs, but that's mostly healed, and the purple hand is normal looking. I was VERY lucky. The poor new hippy who fell must have been terrified. My heart was pounding and it's been almost 19 months.
Hope all is well with you.
 
Good to know how stable our implants are after major falls Lenora, @LeeApril26 I am amazed that so many of us have recently had falls and have hurt our ribs - do hope yours feels better soon hon x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom