Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those concerned about waking up during surgery; does your hospital use the BIS Biospectral Monitor?

My Anesthesiologist put one on my forehead and monitored by brain activity as another added measure to reduce intraoperative awareness during surgery.

One of the last things I remember before going under was touching the monitor on my forehead after the Anesthesiologist told be there was one in place as an added precaution to track my brain activity. Then it was light's out.

Looks similar to this illustration.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
These are the hiking boots I bought.
Trainwreck trailspud BJ Mac
ElanorG
Campervan


Vasque Talus


[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th


Like Goldilocks, some were too big, some didn't fit right, and so I kept trying them on until this pair. Tried on so many that I had blisters on my ring fingers from lacing up the boots. My heel is narrow and slips in many of the shoes and also needed room in toes so that they don't jam up against the front when going down steep hills.

Hear that, I said hiking down hills!

Anyway, want time to break them in but battling a partially torn tendon from an ankle sprain on my left non TKR side.
 
Nice! I am glad to see that you found some hiking boots that you like and feel good. I am sorry to hear about your partially torn tendon and ankle sprain. I hope that it mends quickly and that you are out hiking uphill and down soon and breaking those hiking boots in. :happydance:
 
karmigirl

Awww... that is nice of you to say. If I manage a half way decent picture, I'll show you the matching pendant.

Last year was a pretty eventful year healthwise (didn't share all of it here) for me with way too many drs. I needed something to remind me that I've made it through and am doing fine.
 
What a lovely pendant! Opals are so fabulous; there's something ethereal about them I think. And I love sapphires! I've never seen a yellow one up close, but my engagement ring has three really beautiful deep blue sapphires.

I like your boots too! So glad you found the right ones! Take care of that ankle!
 
So sorry about the ankle Elisea - you should be about half-way through your 2-week immobilization "quaranteen" - how are you feeling? And I join everyoine else in a huge "aaaaaawwwwwweeeeeee" over your gorgeous "to me, from me" gift. Lovely. :flwrysmile:
 
This weekend when I was going upstairs I heard a loud pop and my ankle started huuurrrrttttinnnggg.

Today I was at PT today for that ankle and she noticed how bruised it was looking and found a lump that wasn't there last time. She thinks I may have retorn the tendon... or ligament.... I never remember the difference.

She thinks that the dr will order an MRI when I see him tomorrow.
All I can say is boy, it sure does hurt and I'm limping from trying not to bend it. :cry:

But, you know what doesn't hurt, my TKR knee. So that's a positive! :thumb:
 
Oh that isn't good but as you said, the knee doesn't hurt. Isn't life interesting? Well do keep us posted so we know what going on. Do take care and be careful. Tashia
 
Oh no, I'm so sorry.:sigh: I'm crossing fingers, toes and even my eyes (briefly):rolleyes: plus sending you tons of positive vibes and I'll even throw in some prayers:angel: that your ankle isn't serious and you'll be healed and breaking in those hiking boots soon! :yes:

Take care sweetie. I'm SOOO glad to hear the knee is still excellent!:yes!:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
that you're having problems with your ankle. Hope it is not too serious and can be taken care of fairly easily.

Take very good care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Ohhh, OUCH!!! My goodness, if it isn't one thing it's another you poor thing!! I'll be sending nice healing thoughts your way. Please take it easy my dear.
 
I had an MRI on my left ankle but won't hear the results until probably Monday. It's pretty black and blue so something caused it grief.

While waiting for the results, the dr wanted to put me in a walking boot to immobilize it but I said no way. I am so freaked about a walking boot causing consternation to my right TKR.

Just the left ankle wrap is throwing me out of balance even with a heel lift on the other side. And I've gotten used to standing straight again and walking normally, this limping is worrisome as I don't want to regress after working so hard on TKR recovery.
Oh my, it is painful, though!
 
Ankles can be lingering injuries so rest and get it better for hiking the longer spring and summer days ahead. I have yet to go hiking in the hills, but will use trekking poles when I do. They really help if you get the rhythm down. I went back a few pages on your thread and will view a few more before signing off. Take care.
 
trailspud's right - ankles can be tricky to heal and they take time so try not to push too hard. I hope the MRI shows something positive - meaning a minor problem.:yes: Take care sweetie.
 
Oh no, I'm so sorry. I'm crossing fingers, toes and even my eyes (briefly)
That gave me such a good laugh when I read it the first time and even this time. That's a lot of crossing of body parts! :rolleyes:
 
Would ya believe I had an MRI late last week on my left ankle and stilllll don't know what it said. The dr got it and the reading yesterday but I had to make an appt to hear about it. And since I'm such a buuuuusy person, :rolleyes: I couldn't spare the time until this Friday to see him.

I did ask if I could unwrap my foot, though, as it was doing better, and was told "no". Hmmphh!
Oh well, I did unwrap it and immediately noticed it did feel better with a bit more support so wrapped it up again. But not because I was told to :heehee: .
 
Elisea, I partially tore my achilles tendon a few years ago---it did heal up just fine however. I like Vasque boots since I have fairly narrow feet. I have some Tecnica boots---but, noticed I tripped while snowshoeing in them---I think I will research a lighter pair for this year's hiking.

I often wear a pair to shreds by the end of the season---am looking forward to doing that this year!! Kelly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom