Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes about the ankle! Is it broken?

Xrays showed no, not broken.

But he thinks that it might have a partial tear in the..... ..... oh Brownie you're the nurse. :) I call it the muscle tendon thingy next to the sticky out ankle bone. :heehee: I'm sure you know what that might be.

I kind of glazed over when he said immobilized for two weeks. I mean he's kidding right!?! Here I just learned to walk properly after a very intensive healing from a TKR and he wants my other ankle immobilized. Hmmmmmmmm......
 
AAAANNNNNDDDD IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND.

IN THE UNITED STATES THAT MAKES ME A GROUND HOG. :)

Wonder if they have Ground Hog's Day in other parts of the world? Anyone know?
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
If spring doesn't come early, we'll know who to blame! :heehee: Have yourself a GREAT day!
 
Thank you. I have a relaxing fwf "food with friends" on the menu today for my birthday! And a massage later.
I haven't seen my shadow and neither has Punxsutawney Phil. AND I HEAR BIRDS CHIRPING! That has to be a good sign that spring is around the corner!
 
Happy Birthday! It's my grandson's birthday also!

How old is he Janet?
Hope he enjoys having a birthday on Groundhog's Day. I have for sure!

Benefits of a Groundhog Day Birthday............
It's not around others major holidays like Christmas where it cuts into presents, :heehee: ,
school is still in session so you get a birthday celebration at school, :snork: ,
and it is close to mid winter break so there is downtime around the corner to do something fun!:spin:

Keep a collection of the great Groundhog cards for him if you can. I even have some that friends and family drew by hand. They are so cool as you don't have to be an artist to draw a groundhog and points are given for creativity. Those are truly special.
 
Thank you very much karmigirl.
I had a very nice relaxing day.

All in all it was a very nice birthday! :SUNsmile:
 
I received this birthday card:

Card Outside: "Don't let others tell you what you can and can't do at your age"
Card Inside: That's what you knees are for. :heehee:

And the handwritten note: That makes you a year younger than last year!

Oh how true!! :yes:
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISEA!!!!!!! . I hope you have a fabulous one!!!!
 
You are very sweet, thank you! Titianlady Sometimes it's so hard, isn't it, to be juggling a career and healing! Birthdays are a way of remembering that we should have fun too!

As a present to myself, I designed and then had handmade a pendant from some loose gems I bought awhile ago. The pendant is made up of 3 sapphires in a 3 tier drop fashion and then a big Welo opal at the very end. If I get the chance I'll take a pic, but the opal is similar to this one.



[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Oh, wow, that sounds gorgeous!!!! Well, you DESERVE something wonderful for yourself... after this recovery, getting something beautiful Is such an uplifting wonderful thing! I would love to see it!
 
Ok, I will definitely take a pic and upload tomorrow. Was struggling to upload a photo but am tooooo tired, I think, to do it right now. For now, attached above is a similar opal to mine.
 
Happy Belated Elisea! Sounds like you had a good birthday. And I for one would LOVE it if Spring was right around the corner! Looking forward to seeing your pendant too.
 
Hi Lori-M
How are you doing?
I am going to load a pic of my opal, let's see how well I do uploading it.

See what happens when you have time on your hands while recuperating; for me I build a pendant. :heehee:
 
Ok, here is my opal and sapphire pendant that I designed.

I bought some unmounted yellow sapphires that were cut by a gemcutter friend of mine.

And then I bought an Ethopian Welo Opal and designed a pendant.

Voila! My present for myself for my birthday, ..... or from having a TKR..... whatever reason works. :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Thank you Titianlady!

Sometimes we need to do something nice for ourselves, whatever that may be, after going through the TKR process and recovery. :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom