Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hi there Elisea ! Nice to hear from you.....
No, didn't get to visit the New Years forum I was so busy partying... LOL...
However, I did have to leave the party a bit early as ole lefty was acting up and just wasn't comfortable... Righty didn't complain at all...
Still chasing the "zone". I had done back to back 2.5 mile walks with 500 feet in elevation gain on consecutive days and it seemed to push me over the edge but it wasn't obvious until the third day...

There are some days I feel so good I can hardly stand it..... I have made a New Years Resolution to change my workouts to 4 one hour sessions instead of 2 two hour sessions (do walks on my days off )and add more cardio so we will see if that helps...


PT says I avoided the scar tissue issue but my ROM isn't at 130 like yours. 125 in lefty and maybe 120 in righty even though squats are in my strength routine
Just finished pulling Xmas lights off the roof, about a 45 minute job, very slow, calculated moving and feel very confident of my strength and I am pleased with my progress in everyday, mundane efforts...
I don't know about you but I wonder about the pain I get a lot in my feet.. How about you, any foot pain ??

Yes, I used to hike quite a bit until about 10 years ago as well. Climbed Mt. St. Helens several times, South Sister, Mt. Whitney in California, not real technical but tough hikes. I am targeting South Sister (10k + peak) this summer hopefully after my one year anniversary but we will see.

All that being said, I do feel like progress is being made but it doesn't seem to be steady, in jumps here and there, especially the foot pain issue.

Yeah, how about those before and after pics ? No wonder my jeans made noise when I walked with those angles... LOL

Thanks again for asking.... I hope you find the perfect shoes !!!!
Regards...

:)

Thom
 
How exciting Elisea!:happydance:Good luck finding the perfect shoes! I've never really hiked but I wear a Northside winter shoe

Thanks Lori!
I haven't bought any yet but have now tried on several different brands. Sure makes a difference on fit between boots I've noticed. So far the Vasque fit the best, at least in the store.
 
Hi 1ELISEA,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello! Glad to see that you are doing so well with ROM and are getting hiking boots, with all that implies. Terrific! Best,bassplayer

bassplayer

Great to hear from you! How is life? Now that the holidays are over, have things settled down for you?

I've worked hard for the ROM, but like everyone else, I'm always thinking that someone has it so much better. My PT was very happy when she consistently measured me @ 131; but I was like........... nooooo you don't understand; now that I am at 130 I must get to 135 - 140. The neverending quest. :)

OMG. Yikes! I go back to work tomorrow and here I am still posting.

Do let me know how you are getting on? How is the weather there this time of year?
 
Anyone you know have the flu? :sick: And are you somewhat alarmed that getting this flu may do something bad to your TKR? Or is that just totally nonsensical?

I am trying to keep a low profile at work. Several people have the flu and they are describing it as the worst they have ever felt. What's surprising is that several HAD flu shots!

Two were traveling - one took an international flight and spent much of the first leg of the trip throwing up before she passed out in exhaustion. Another made it home before throwing up. Two more are out now with it. Plus it has decimated a group down the hall at work. A common theme it seems, is the nausea and hurling.

I can't afford healthwise to get that ill and dehydrated which is why I had the flu immunization shot. But apparently it's not as effective as first reported. Anyway, kinda concerned over so many getting it. Ack!! Oh my goodness me! Glad we can't catch cyber flu but I do get queasy just thinking about it.
 
Sounds like laying low is a good idea and I 'm sure you're following all the other practices for staying safe (hand washing, etc.). I hope your immunization and the laying low helps you avoid it. I'm not aware of anyone I know having flu nor have I heard much hoopla about it here in Washington. Fingers crossed it stays far away...from all of us! :yes:
 
Ugh :sick:
I have been nauseous for the last two days and haven't eaten very much. And I've had a headache. And my stomach hurts.

I did have a flu shot in November so maybe that has prevented me from getting the flu and instead only a light dusting of it.

Today, I was feeling better during the day, but I still haven't really eaten anything so getting a bit nauseous again. Sigh, hopefully, it'll be better tomorrow.
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Feeling nauseous is so, so unpleasant---just sorta' sucks the life out of everything. Sure hope this will clear up very, very soon.
 
Elisea the vomiting has nothing to do with the flu. The flu is a respiratory infection. And the shot only covers 2 sometimes 3 strains that the CDC has found to be the worst and most likely to come around. So usually it's got a strain or both strains of last years flu that went around. The new strain is worse than previous strains. Guess it's hit 47 states so far so Calfornia is just waiting for it. But there has been alot of viral gastritis bugs going around. Also you have to read about the different between the flu and a regular cold. Oh my gosh the 3 just fell off my laptop! I think that's the same letter that fell off my last laptop. This probably means something...
Anyway, sorry about the lecture but you are concerned so I wanted to reassure you if I could.
 
Marianne is right, there is no such thing as a stomach flu. The Norovirus, however, is intestinal and is also going around.
 
Reading how even people who have had the flu shot are getting flu makes me hope that this new strain will be identified soon enough for it to be included in the flu shots that we will be given in New Zealand in a few months' time!

Hope you soon feel better, Elisea.
 
I am feeling so much better now after sleeping through most of the weekend. Thank you so much for your kind wishes!
And sleeping is what I should be doing now! Goodness!
 
Sleep is good. So glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like a nasty bug.
 
Thank you for directing me to your thread, very helpful! I'm sorry to hear that you've been through the wars with your sprain, hope it starts to improve soon! I am recovering from rib fractures and am at the 'not painful, but lumpy' stage!! It does help to keep a sense of humour about it all and I do try!!! Take care, thanks again! I think I am having the oxinium, he did mention it, but I will trust that he will pick the right one (I am having another consultation with him beforehand anyway so can discuss it then) I do trust him, he comes very highly recommended by a highly respected hip surgeon, who has replaced the hips in most of my ex's family!!! :puppysmooze:
 
@jetthugger
Glad that it helped! :SUNsmile:
And yes, the best thing to pick is the surgeon and let him pick the implant. It is an excellent idea! And with all of that first hand experience in the ex's family, he sounds perfect!

I am putting off calling a podiatrist as it seemed a tiny bit better today and am hoping it will continue to improve. Thank you for the well wishes!
 
Work has been unbelievably busy. Even this far out from surgery, I am trying to get up once and hour and walk around. Of course, that's probably good to do no matter what.

My sprained ankle is hindering my right TKR on the other side. So.... wellllll, I have an appt with a podiatrist this coming week. Lots of hoops to go through to get to the point as it was an work injury. Don't know what to expect with a podiatrist and not really sure what they can do; :scratch: only knows my PT swore by them and even had surgery from one on her foot.

Guess I'll find out this week.
 
Elisea - I hope they can help you find a resolution for your ankle pain. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! I'd cross my eyes too but that would make work difficult. :rolleyes:

Hugs and prayers aimed your way my friend,
Lori
:friends:
 
I hope they can help you find a resolution for your ankle pain.

Thanks Lori
I had the podiatrist appt this afternoon and he put me in a stiff ankle brace to totally immobilize my ankle. His other suggestion at the time was a walking boot or cast and I said, no, nope, not happening.

I am supposed to wear this ankle brace for the next 2 weeks but here I am sitting with it off, it is so dang uncomfortable. Maybe ice, that might help, I've learned ice helps everything. Point me towards a block of ice and I'm a happy camper. :snork:

He mentioned something about a possibility of surgery down the line and I nixed that right away. Told him I'd had enough surgery and there was no way I was having any additional surgery.

So went my day.......:doh:
 
I'll be praying that the brace helps you. And YES on the ice! Find some of those long gel wraps and wrap it up. Ice -- it's not just for drinks any more! :martini:

Take it easy and feel better soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom