karmigirl
post-grad
Elisea,I read your post and the first thought was OUCH OUCH OUCH! But for him no pain, wow!
Men seem to be so much better equipped at being able to capture things like kidney stones. I tell ya, for me it's an exercise in futility. They give me that paper strainer and a bottle to put the stone in and I give them the look like that must be mad.Haven't been able to capture one yet.
usually he is in such great pain we have to go to the ER. But not this time, he just went to the bathroom and out came 2 stones. Didn't even know he was passing any. They were on the smaller side then most he has passed before so maybe that is why. His are also uric acid and he takes a medication for them, don't remember the name right now.


United States
![[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th [Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/5/5042-61afbcde988a0e8b9ceb0a8aed7154e4.jpg?hash=Ya-83piKDo)
One of my hurdles was getting in and out of the car half way normal. One thing I am looking forward to is going down my front steps without thinking about it. There are just 2 but they are deep so requires my weight on my TKR while bent.
When I'm in my car, I now gawk at people crossing the street; so far everyone else walks like they should. 
I still occasionally use (and have used for years) a cane so I'm not sure how I'd walk normally. I'll have to check it out.
Thanks!
