TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judy would be a good one to ask. She finds all kinds of cute funny things. She must be a computer wiz kid.

I picked mine because I'm a July kid. Cancer the happy crab.

Got any goals for fun things to do w your knees when you're recovered? Maybe that would give you an idea, like that pair of sequined pumps someone posted dreaming about wearing.

I want to ride my bike, roller skate and I think I want to try to bounce on my son's trampoline when the knees are stronger. No skiing for me though. The last time I tried that I swooshed off the trail and got stuck in snow up to my armpits. So embarrassing, and I was 25 years younger.

ChrisO
 
Thanks for the suggestions, ChrisO.
I've got an idea now for a new avatar! :)
 
Today at PT I am at 115 degrees. And I did a small 4" step for the first time! Physical Therapist is taking it slow and said we didn't want to overwork it because of the earlier complications. And it feels pretty good tonight after walking on it all day. :SUNsmile:
 
Oh, and I will probably be off the final remaining crutch next week. Yeah!
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Thanks! Having a fantastic physical therapist who is looking out for me and my best interest makes all the difference.
 
Yippee! I am still hop a long Cassidy but you are cruising! :happydance:
 
How about a picture of you! :)
Awwww.... I can't compete as I don't have a cute picture with dogs like you. Maybe I could borrow the neighbor dog that hangs out in my yard ... very small and she has this one tooth in front that sticks way out and I keep thinking she needs to go to the dentist. :heehee:

My neighbors had put a small footstool on the patio for me while I visited and she jumped right up on it like it was her throne. And it wasn't their dog either but another neighbors. She kind of pushed my foot out of the way and off it as she turned about 10 times to make herself comfortable. :scratch:

You look so cute in your avatar pic. I especially like the dog on your left/ pic right. He is looking at you like s/he is totally following the conversation. :puppysmooze:
 
Awwww.... I can't compete as I don't have a cute picture with dogs like you. Maybe I could borrow the neighbor dog that hangs out in my yard ... very small and she has this one tooth in front that sticks way out and I keep thinking she needs to go to the dentist. :heehee:

My neighbors had put a small footstool on the patio for me while I visited and she jumped right up on it like it was her throne. And it wasn't their dog either but another neighbors. She kind of pushed my foot out of the way and off it as she turned about 10 times to make herself comfortable. :scratch:

You look so cute in your avatar pic. I especially like the dog on your left/ pic right. He is looking at you like s/he is totally following the conversation. :puppysmooze:
The long hair red one is named Brandy! She is the most loving dog with such a sweet temperament. Myra the one looking straight ahead was 3 when we got her from the breeder. She had one litter of puppies and was so small she almost died, so they retired her to be a family pet. She loves laps, butusually will snuggle down in the corner of my recliner with me. Dogs are good therapy as you are finding out with you little visitor!
 
Brandy is very cute and looks like she adores you!
 
I drove to visit (I had a right "driving foot" TKR) and have lunch with a school friend a couple of hours away. It was so nice to get away and If I hadn't had my crutch I would've forgotten about my knee. We even walked a few blocks to the restaurant!

Well, I was ok until driving home. I stopped to do some shopping on the way home and walked around, then got caught in heavy traffic which added an additional hour to the drive.

I was contemplating pulling off at a rest stop my knee ached so much. But thought if I did I'd never get going again. I tell you, my driveway never looked so good.
 
Brandy is very cute and looks like she adores you!
Funny that you say that because she is "Mommy's baby," and Myra is "Daddy's baby"! It is neat that we each have one that cuddles to us, but when Pat is gone Mrya has no problem being Moms girl! :heehee:
 
OMG OMG, I woke up this morning and my TKR knee is hugely swollen and my good knee is sore and achy too. Seems my outing yesterday was too much for them.

I really barely made it home and to bed to rest them, so should not be surprised, but.... I am. I wanted them to recover overnight.

I will just have to hold onto the thought that maybe by next year, sigh,:sigh: not next week or month but next year, I will be able to do a few activities without pain and swelling. That will be soooooo nice!

And now, I'm getting ice!
 
Sounds like that additional stop and drive time was just too much at this point. Have a good "ice and elevate day."
 
Elisea, I'm so enjoying reading your posts! I've had a pretty rough time myself, and wondering if I'll ever get that good ROM. Hearing how well you're doing gives me hope....thank you!!

Liz
 
OMG OMG, I woke up this morning and my TKR knee is hugely swollen and my good knee is sore and achy too. Seems my outing yesterday was too much for them.

I really barely made it home and to bed to rest them, so should not be surprised, but.... I am. I wanted them to recover overnight.

I will just have to hold onto the thought that maybe by next year, sigh,:sigh: not next week or month but next year, I will be able to do a few activities without pain and swelling. That will be soooooo nice!

And now, I'm getting ice!
Thanks! I appreciate hearing your experience and maybe I'll remember to stand firm when the family wants me to do stuff too soon. :thankyou:Take care Elisea, baby that knee over the weekend and I'm sure you'll see a difference.:ok:
 
Yesterday at physical therapy I did the bike for 7 minutes; now for some of you that might seem small, but I am coming off of using crutches for many weeks so it was big for me.

Then we did stairs; a little 4 inch riser but it counts as doing stairs to me. My knee seems strong and only towards the end was it getting kind of jerky in motion as my knee got tired. But I feel accomplished: I did stairs!

The hardest for me still is the balancing on it and strengthening those finer muscles. But I will keep working on that part of the physical therapy.

They are still taking me slowly and cautiously in physical therapy which I appreciate. But my knee and I seem to be handling it well, so the pace may pick up next week.

I mean I figure it must be getting stronger and better as I'm getting antsy to keep moving ahead in the physical therapy. Things that were hard last session or last week are seeming easy/ easier now. :yes!:
 
So proud to see how far you have come!! I remember how much you suffered at first, and now your going gang busters. Slow and steady!! Hugs!
 
They are still taking me slowly and cautiously in physical therapy which I appreciate. But my knee and I seem to be handling it well, so the pace may pick up next week.

I mean I figure it must be getting stronger and better as I'm getting antsy to keep moving ahead in the physical therapy. Things that were hard last session or last week are seeming easy/ easier now. :yes!:
:yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom