Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part Two – About the knee
As far as the knee. It is still painful around pretty much the entire knee and explains somewhat why the additional testing and xrays are warranted.

I knew something was up too, when in the beginning, the dr was telling me that I should be weaning off pain meds by such and such a week, to noooowww where he is asking if I need another pain prescription refilled. Hmmmmm..

The blood workup came back within normal ranges, yeah!, :yay: which is very good. Means that a chance of infection is less than 10% if I understand what they are telling me correctly.

However, still on orders for only 50% weight bearing; two crutches or a walker at all times for several weeks. Then it's a new set of xrays and possibly other testing.

Also, in PT, I can work ROM only. And the ROM work cannot stress the area or put any weight on it. That limits the PT to table work, no bike work or other types of exercise. But we are making positive progress on ROM.

And I know some of you will luv this. :loll: My PT also has me talking nice to my knee…. She has me touch a couple of specific areas and send healing thoughts and vibrations to it. Sigh… you should see me ………. nice knee….. nice knee….. sending you good thoughts knee…. :rotfl:
 
Good to know you're alive and well. Sure glad you at a great 4th. Keep destressing---but do throw us a bone once in a while. We have missed you.
gee
Will try to post more. It's not intentional; but then what do I post, "Gee, my knee is still in pain and I'm back to using a walker..."? I don't want to bring others down or scare the pre-ops if they wander over to this side; and really, there isn't much to post. But glad to know I'm missed!:)
 
Elisea,

You should know by now we are always here for you no matter what. You can at least come and worry with some of the ret of us. I to am worrying tonight, after 13mos, and many of those pain free, this past monday something popped in my knee and I am havingpain whenever I put any weight on it. Going monday to OS to have it checked and in the mean time will be worrying about it too.
 
Elisea, You should know by now we are always here for you no matter what. You can at least come and worry with some of the ret of us. I to am worrying tonight, after 13mos, and many of those pain free, this past monday something popped in my knee and I am havingpain whenever I put any weight on it. Going monday to OS to have it checked and in the mean time will be worrying about it too.
Thank you for the encouragement karmigirl.
And I wish for you only good news on Monday!
 
The blood workup came back within normal ranges, yeah!, :yay: which is very good. Means that a chance of infection is less than 10% if I understand what they are telling me correctly.

That's good news.
And I know some of you will luv this. :loll: My PT also has me talking nice to my knee…. She has me touch a couple of specific areas and send healing thoughts and vibrations to it. Sigh… you should see me ………. nice knee….. nice knee….. sending you good thoughts knee…. :rotfl:
Hey, whatever works. I sort of talked to my knee at times... :o
 
Doing ok so far today. Trying to figure out how to do everything I need to do around the house like cleaning without putting more than 50% weight on my knee. :scratch:

Hmmmm..... this is proving more difficult than I thought if someone has a suggestion. Everything that needs doing requires getting up and down and carrying things. Hard to carry things like laundry or dishes when on crutches and walker.

And I did my "knee affirmations" this morning. Sending it good thoughts only. :heehee: If it helps, hey I'm all for it, I need my knee to take a great xray at the next appointment so I can get off the crutches.
 
1ElISEA, Please remember we care and we want to hear from you. Everyone has their own paths and sometimes we get a challege. I know one time when I was having a very bad I didn't post because I was hurting and later I found that people wanted to know so they could pray for me or give me surpport and that is what this site is all about. We are family and family wants to help. It can be done by sending something cute over the site. Or a joke. both I can't do but I still can send good vibes to you. I care. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Elisea, STOP cleaning---some of that stuff will keep for quite a while. Put your blinders on and don't look at it. Get some heavy duty paper plates and microwave like mad---eliminates dishes and pots and pans. Do small loads of laundry every few days---not so much to fold and hang up. Put a chair and small table in your laundry area--so you can sit and fold.

[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Ask your friends and neighbors for help once in a while. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help if you let them. You are not superwoman and no one expects you to be.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Take care and get some rest.
 
Elisea,

I was on crutches for a while before surgery and I am still on them. I have found that a backpack is quite handy to carry things around from place to place. I take it to PT also, because I have my headphones in it, and it has the side mesh pockets that hold water bottles. I learned to adapt, but I am not doing as well with laundry! After nearly falling because of trying to carry a mesh bag full of laundry the other night, I realized that laundry at this point isn't that important. Don't you have family that live nearby who could come over and help with laundry and things like that? I worry about you being by yourself and trying to do it all! My laundry is piling up now, and when my Hubby and Mom get back from the reunion, they are going to take care of it. I can't afford to fall, so I have swallowed my pride, and now I just let it be!:)
 
OK, I'll try to take it easy. It's just that by this time in healing process most everyone is off of crutches and doing more than I am right now. Hoping and praying that being good will be worth it and I will get a clean bill of health.

My neighbors have been fantastic about helping and bringing me meals and even ice. I draw the line, though, at having them do my laundry. That would be tooooo much. :heehee:

And no family close by right now. With it being summer and all, they are off traveling.
 
OK, I'll try to take it easy. It's just that by this time in healing process most everyone is off of crutches and doing more than I am right now. Hoping and praying that being good will be worth it and I will get a clean bill of health.

My neighbors have been fantastic about helping and bringing me meals and even ice. I draw the line, though, at having them do my laundry. That would be tooooo much. :heehee:


Well Elisa, my surgery was before yours, and I am still on crutches. So it isn't so bad. Heck, I can move pretty fast with those suckers, and people move out of my way. :wink:
And no family close by right now. With it being summer and all, they are off traveling.
 
Agh, I jinxed myself. I knew I shouldn’t have mentioned it. :doh:

Yesterday I’d written in another member's thread that it had been awhile since I’d any zingers, those pesky nerve ending shocks that happen during healing. And what happens in the middle of the night – yep, woke up having a series of zingers, ouch!:rolleyes:
 
When I first started doing laundry (my washer & dryer are in the basement) I was still on the cane and there was no way could handle a laundry basket. I'd wash the laundry bag with the laundry so I could then put the clean clothes in the bag to haul upstairs one step at a time. Then I could kind of drag it to my room a bit at a time. Then I'd fold sitting on the bed. I also didn't try to do everything at once. The socks and undies could wait for me in the laundry basket until later. :heehee:
 
Well today I was looking at the laundry and thought, how can i safely carry it to the laundry room with my crutches. I figured it out! I use a clean garbage bag and that way i can drag it to the laundry room without falling. I am able to use my crutches and the trash bag follows behind me.:yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Necessity is truly the mother of invention. We can figure anything out if we have to and put our minds to it. You and Elisea can be the laundry brigade
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
--marching on crutches through the house to the washing machine
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
with the troops being dragged behind.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Judy
​
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Necessity is truly the mother of invention. We can figure anything out if we have to and put our minds to it. You and Elisea can be the laundry brigade
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
--marching on crutches through the house to the washing machine
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
with the troops being dragged behind.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Judy
​
Yep, it is amazing how resourceful I am becoming! :rotfl: Part of my Master's class for the coming week is to list conflicts I have in the entry level job they have hired me for..... I'm wondering if tripping someone with my crutch because they are mean would be a good one! :rotfl:
 
See Elisea,

Crutches can come in quite handy if you have an imagination that is as vivid as mine! :heehee:
 
Elisea,


New
OK, I'll try to take it easy. It's just that by this time in healing process most everyone is off of crutches and doing more than I am right now. Hoping and praying that being good will be worth it and I will get a clean bill of health.​
Please stop comparing yourself to someone/everyine else. You will heal in your own time. You just need to be patient. You need to RELAX and take it slow and easy for awhile longer. There is no shame in this, this is not a race with everyone else, you body will do it in ti's own time.
 
Elisea, the crutches don't bother me. Did they teach you how to use them to keep 50% of your weight off of your body? I find them to be quite handy when I am trying to reach for something. I can drag whatever it is in like that!:wink:
 
Elisea, the crutches don't bother me. Did they teach you how to use them to keep 50% of your weight off of your body?

No, I wasn't shown how; the OS only said keep 50% weight off for several weeks. I think I am doing it ok but I'll ask my physical therapist tomorrow if I am doing it correctly. :scratch:

And I did a load of clothes tonight. Loaded them into a clean garbage bag, hauled it to the edge of the stairs and threw the bag down the stairs to the laundry room. :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom