Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisea, I too am sorry to hear that your Dr. has concerns after looking at your x rays. It sounds like he is taking a conservative approach, making sure the is no sign of infection (blood work) and limiting you weight bearing over the next few weeks. I will keep you in my prayers. Try and visualize your knee getting stronger and healing over the next few weeks. It is hard to do sometimes but I think it helps to claim your destiny, so while you are on quiet time focus your thoughts and prayers on healing for your knee. Send it love.
Sending you love, care and concern. Chris
 
Well, I noticed it too so am truly concerned.
Not sure how much sleep I'll be getting now that I'm worrying about it, so will have lots of time to send my knee some love.
Thanks for the prayers!
 
Sorry 1ELISEA to hear about this setback. Will you be able to get help since you now cannot put weight on it? Sending positive energy your way!
 
Hi Organist
I didn’t want to leave a bad impression about my PT so I’m happy I was able to correct any misunderstanding. She is really wonderful and taking it at my pace but pushing me just enough and also holding me accountable for doing my exercises.

And they try various approaches like lymphatic drainage. That to me, seemed rather bogus, but low and behold it seems to be working as the fluid seems less around the knee.

When I told her I had been a bit skeptical she smiled and said that logical thinking people more often than not have that reaction. Anyway, that along with the massage and stretching seems to be helping reduce the fluid buildup around the knee. :thumb:

And chocolate does have secret healing powers, don't you think?:SUNsmile:

Hi Elisea!

I can understand your initial apprehension with the lymph drainage! I was thinking the first time, how will this do anything for me? Well Dr. Maale is a big believer in it, and during the trying times when right knee #2 turned black, he said find someone who does lymph drainage, or we may have to amputate! :shocked: Well, it just so happened God had chosen the right PT place for me, as they were the only ones doing it. Within a week, Katie and Rick had my knee back to a healthy color! :yahoo:

So, yes, I am sold on it and it's therapeutic effects. They are doing lymph on my rock solid calf now and it is softening every time I go. Life is good, and I am glad you found a PT who will listen to you and not force you!
 
If positive thoughts help then you're sure to be fine as we are all sending them your way. Take care x
 
Elisea, I'm so sorry to hear about your set back. I don't really know what to say - except hang in there and try not too worry too much. I know that's very easily said, and please don't think I'm trying to be flippant about this - far from it, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. So lots of positive thoughts coming your way. :kittykiss: Hope you feel better soon.
 
Elisea, I'm so sorry to hear about your set back. I don't really know what to say - except hang in there and try not too worry too much. I know that's very easily said, and please don't think I'm trying to be flippant about this - far from it, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. So lots of positive thoughts coming your way. :kittykiss: Hope you feel better soon.

Wow;
I am so fortunate. Sorry to hear about issues with tissues ..........
52 days out for me and so far so good.
Sending positive spidey vibes your way for healing powers for you....:SUNsmile:
TheThom aka "SpiderMan"
 
Sending you all my positive thoughts Elisea. Take good care of yourself my friend :friends:
 
Thinking about you. Hope all is well. Please keep us updated on your progress. I have been following your posts as you had surgery just before me. I have had many of the issues you have had. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
 
Elisea, all your BoneSmartie friends are thinking of you--here's a hug from all of us
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
. We love you, girl. Take care of yourself.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
 
Elisea - hang in there lady; you're a tough cookie and you'll get through this too.:yes!: Lots of prayers, positive thoughts and hugs coming your way!
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Just a note to let you know that you're in my thoughts---wondering how you are physically and mentally. Please let us hear from you--the silence is deafening.


I'm also sending you a possible new avatar. [Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th (I am a thumbnail, click on me.)
 
I have been following your blogs and want to say stay positive, be strong and you will overcome what you are facing...I am sure! Sending positive vibes your way.
T.
 
Part One -
Thanks everyone. I was reading the comments though staying off for a little while.

Silence is from a combination of things. My PC fan is/was on the fritz so trying to stay off of it until repaired. Called all over and they want ridiculous amounts of money to fix it. Would do it myself, but just don't have the energy right now as I'd have to scour ebay (on my pc which is on the fritz) to purchase the part, then wait for it to come, and manage not to drop any screws and put the pc back together in one piece.

Anyway, found a PC repair place, took it in, and ............ of course, the fan was fine. Go figure. Do have his card for if it starts acting up again. Exactly like when I take a car to the garage to fix something and they can never make it repeat the offending problem. Here's hoping the fan stays working until my new pc arrives in a few weeks.

Fourth of July - Had a blast with the neighbors. It was good to forget about my knee for awhile. We have a huge 12 family neighborhood bbq and then pool our money for fireworks.

Finally, I needed to forget about the knee - Need to destress and not think about it for at least a few days. I can't really do anything about it for awhile so I'm relaxing and destressing.
 
Good to know you're alive and well. Sure glad you at a great 4th. Keep destressing---but do throw us a bone once in a while. We have missed you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom