Guest viewing is limited

TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! That was quite an adventure, Elisea. Glad that she helped you take things to the car and load them. You did great getting things in the house. Hope that you get plenty of rest -- and chocolate -- today too. :heehee: :sleep:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Elisea, you done good! So here's a well deserved treat for you--
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Enjoy!
 
Good for you!! Job well done. It sure feels good to get back out doing things again does't it? [Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th I went to one of my favorite stores yesterday, The Christmas Tree Store (has noting to do with Christmas...well, unless it's Christmas time). I didn't buy much, just nice being able to go there.
 
Now that is a report from a resilient, resourceful and recovering woman!
Good for you!
Chris
 
Thank you all! I felt quite accomplished! It was the first time I'd really been out and about shopping on my own. Now that I know I can do it, perhaps I'll tackle a grocery store next! :rolleyes:
 
Hi Elisea, just catching up on your progress - good to hear you've managed to get out and some shopping done. I expect the nap after your expedition was a good one? You seem to be making good progress now. Keep working on that ROM (gently of course :)) - I'm sure you'll get the result you want in time!
 
Thanks everyone! It means a lot! :)
 
Getting out and aboutis great therapy! We went to the store today and I was looking at the clothes on clearance for my granddaughters. Now, all of a sudden, hubby is concerned about me being on my feet too much, I should sit down and rest awhile. In other words - get out of the store and stop buying stuff. :heehee: Start with short trip to the grocery store, don't get too much first time out so it's not so hard getting it all in the house.
 
Getting out and about is great therapy! We went to the store today and I was looking at the clothes on clearance for my granddaughters. Now, all of a sudden, hubby is concerned about me being on my feet too much, I should sit down and rest awhile. In other words - get out of the store and stop buying stuff. :heehee: Start with short trip to the grocery store, don't get too much first time out so it's not so hard getting it all in the house.

That is too funny! You can always tell him that retail therapy can continue on-line after you are back home. :heehee:

Yes, I am trying to make short little trips, but then I get there and think, "Oh my, I've got to get this now or I'll have to be back in a couple of days and pick it up then". So it goes in the cart... oh well...and then I pick up the larger size milk, cherries on sale by the pound, 2 for 1 tissue, larger detergent... and so it goes.
 
I know, it's hard to pass up a good sale. Something I missed very much with my old knees. Hubby would barely tolerate bringing coupons to the grocery store, never mind hunting down a good sale. And to think of all the clearance sales I've missed! It's not even 4th of July yet and today I got the girls bathing suits for 60% off. I did a lot of shopping online with the old knees and did pretty good finding sales but you can do so much better when you just happen to find them in the store.
 
I understand this ^^^! I have done Christmas and birthday shopping online for the past 3 years because of my knees. I MISS being able to go out and poke around and choose my gifts. I can't wait to go again!
 
I avoided grocery shopping.....it meant hubby did it for me! Method in my madness....mind you I seeme to be able to manage clothes shopping! :)
 
Not so good news for me. :sad:

I'd prefer not to provide a lot of detail, hope you understand. And if you’re a praying person, I could definitely use the prayers that everything will be fine.

At my drs visit they took xrays and there is cause for concern as in looking over the xrays, they show possible complications. Also, I still have quite a bit of pain around my knee.

We will know more on a followup visit in a few weeks. In the meantime, we did a blood draw from my arm and I am restricted to using the walker and keeping the weight off my leg. No big outings for me for awhile.
 
Oh dear Elisea, that sounds discouraging. I will definitely be praying for you. Do share what you feel comfortable sharing, and keep us posted on how you are holding up. ((((hugs)))) Hang in there!
 
Well, I am trying to keep my head up, but not doing all that well.
 
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you. Whatever it is let's get it fixed so you can move on.
Prayers & positive thoughts coming your way.
 
I am soooo sorry that you are having to face this hardship. I hope that you are able to lay it down and relax enough to sleep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom