TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at PT I mentioned that one of the home exercises took forever for me to set up properly so that I wouldn't feel pain. And then once I was set up, I only lasted about a minute cuz it was so tough even though it is a passive type exercise.

Well, the physical therapist immediately removed that exercise from my set of things to do. She said we could accomplish the same goal doing a different exercise that didn't aggravate or cause pain. How cool is that! :)
 
Today at PT I mentioned that one of the home exercises took forever for me to set up properly so that I wouldn't feel pain. And then once I was set up, I only lasted about a minute cuz it was so tough even though it is a passive type exercise.

Well, the physical therapist immediately removed that exercise from my set of things to do. She said we could accomplish the same goal doing a different exercise that didn't aggravate or cause pain. How cool is that! :)

Sounds like you have a great PT!! :)
 
Well, with the weekend coming, anyone have big plans?

Though I'm stuck on crutches and taking everything in a gentle manner, I was thinking "what can I do to be active and not overwork my knee?". I wonder this things when wide awake all night, thinking about what might help tire me out.

Decided that if the weather cooperates, I'll do some trimming and pruning outside. I mean, it's at the right height so I don't have to get down on the ground, I can stand for a little while but sit as needed, be in the shade and get fresh air. And I am at home so can take it as easy as needed or wanted and ice and elevate often.
It's sounding good to me. Something so simple... now, I must have the weather cooperate. :) Either that or my houseplants are going to have major haircuts this weekend! :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
I think a little trimming and pruning outside may raise the spirits---but just plan to do it one bush at a time--and rest after each bush or every 2 bushes. When starting on something like this, we all tend to get a little carried away and keep going long after we know we should have stopped. Hope the weather does cooperate--bald houseplants are NOT attractive!


I' m liking your new font size---it's actually much easier to read than the larger type---that sorta shouted at you.
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
I also like that your sense of humor is shining through again
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
we missed it.
 
Next Saturday we're going to the Port Gamble Tea Room with out of town family so tomorrow my youngest daughter and I will be haunting the local thrift stores for a "tea party" style dress for her (I found mine last weekend for $3!) and maybe some silk flowers to wear in my hair. :wink: Used to be I could shop all day with her and we have a blast together. Now? Not so much. But I think I can manage the two or three thrift stores in our little burg and then if we don't find anything there we can go on Sunday to the SuperMall and hit the two most likely stores there.

Best wishes for perfect pruning weather! And let's be careful out there (both of us) okay?:ok:
 
Lori-M, I love your dog picture. I wish I could figue out how to do it. I will get around to it one day. As for me I will try to get to some sewing. I haven't done any since I had my knee done. It sure would feel great now that I have my machine home. The only problem is trying to lift it. So I will be able to do something that is lighter. I was thinking of taking blouses that needed button put back on.:rotfl: I know that doesn't sound exciting but it will get me around people, and that is. What ever you do have a good weekend and have some fun. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Lori-M, I love your dog picture. I wish I could figue out how to do it. I will get around to it one day. As for me I will try to get to some sewing. I haven't done any since I had my knee done. It sure would feel great now that I have my machine home. The only problem is trying to lift it. So I will be able to do something that is lighter. I was thinking of taking blouses that needed button put back on.:rotfl: I know that doesn't sound exciting but it will get me around people, and that is. What ever you do have a good weekend and have some fun. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
Tashia - here's a how-to: Hover over your name in the upper right side of the screen until the pop-up list appears. Click on "Avatar" and a new window opens with a couple of options. You can upload a photo or image from your computer (My Pictures or wherever you might have them saved) by using the Browse option. Or, if you have a Gravatar set up for other blogs you can upload your Gravatar image. Good luck and have fun with the sewing! I have some buttons I should replace but I hate sewing!
 
Agh, using crutches can be hard on other parts of the body. I may be sparing my operated knee from some of life's jolts, but my arms, hands and back are starting to feel it. Another week and a half and I hope I can leave the crutches behind.

Today, I sat on the patio and soaked up the "just perfect" temperature. I haven't really felt like doing that since my operation so it was nice to know that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was oh so nice! Even got in some PT work while sitting outside! :thumb:
 
Next Saturday we're going to the Port Gamble Tea Room with out of town family so tomorrow my youngest daughter and I will be haunting the local thrift stores for a "tea party" style dress for her (I found mine last weekend for $3!) and maybe some silk flowers to wear in my hair. :wink: Used to be I could shop all day with her and we have a blast together. Now? Not so much. But I think I can manage the two or three thrift stores in our little burg and then if we don't find anything there we can go on Sunday to the SuperMall and hit the two most likely stores there.:ok:

That sounds like so much fun!! I wish I could join you. Enjoy the shopping and the tea!
 
[Bonesmart.org] ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th
Sitting out absorbing a perfect day is so invigorating---so mind and body refreshing. It gives a new perspective to things--clears the head. Such a nice break for you. Shopping and tea may be just around the corner.
 
My hands are just starting to heal from all the time I had to use a walker to get around. At first I coldn't figure out why my palms were so dry and flaky. I was never very good with crutches, didn't give them much of a try though. I only used them when I had the torn meniscus fixed and that was only about a week.
I'm glad you got to enjoy some sun outside. It's been so humid here, it's hard to enjoy anything outside.
 
I had calluses on both my hands from using crutches for 4 months (both pre-op and post-op). I was surprised how quickly my hands went back to normal after the crutches were no longer necessary.
 
Well, I have done pretty much nothing all day and am plumb tuckered out. Must be one of those knee healing days where all of the energy goes towards healing. Hoping so anyway.

And one of these nights I am going to sleep longer than 2 hours. Any ideas on how to get back to sleep once awake? Or perhaps recommend a good movie on-line to watch when I am wide awake at 3:00 am? 3:00 am?! Agh!
 
I've been tired all the time. I'm so tired of being tired! I'm hoping it's just part of the healing process. I've been recovering for over 5 months but have to remind myself the left is only 6 weeks old. I feel like this has been going on forever but still have a ways to go.
I wish I had some ideas on getting back to sleep. I've had nights like that even before my knee surgeries, it's so frustrating. We got Net Flix right before getting my first knee done. Most of the movies aren't very good but I did watch all the episodes of Grey's Anatomy, that kept me busy for a few sleepless nights.
 
I hope you get a good night's sleep!
When I wake up in the night, which happens almost every night, I surf on my iPad or read something a bit boring until I fall asleep again. But sometimes it's a matter of needing more ice or meds...
 
Hi Elisea, just catching up with your thread. Glad to hear you're in better spirits again. A movie to watch at 3:00AM? If you want to fall asleep watching it, I recommend the Matrix. Works for me everytime. I've never made it past the first 30 minutes.

I have a Lovefilm subcription - there's so much to watch on there, I don't think I would ever be without anything to watch. Definitely better than late night/early morning TV. And then there's the 900 books I have accumulated on my Kindle to get through too.
 
That sounds like so much fun!! I wish I could join you. Enjoy the shopping and the tea!
Thanks Elisea! We did have fun Saturday and are looking forward to the Tea Room! Though since it's a "family" event I may wish for something stronger than tea!:cheers:
 
Wow, didn't know it had been that long since I checked in.

Still keeping on two crutches 24/7 per drs orders after the last X-ray. And now have a couple of more PT sessions behind me, made a little progress on ROM.

I was doing well until I decided the bushes in front of my house needed pruning. Have you ever tried pruning while sitting? It is quite the trick! I did manage but overdid it some and my knee was swollen this evening. I mean, really, I am sitting while gardening and my knee still objects!?

Anyway, doing better tonight after icing it.

Next week I find out if the dr will spring me from crutches and let me get on with healing or if we do more testing. My knee has been feeling better so hoping it's onward and upward.
 
And someday I may sleep longer than 2 hours without waking up! Sigh.......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom