aa1pd RTHR pre-op thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pain levels are rising as the scheduled date for surgery approaches. I'm going to start moving any non-essential work to after rehab. So today instead of work its vote, go to library and get a book and sell some things on ebay.
 
Headed towards the Nov 26th THR. :sos:

Pain is just crazy now.

I had 8 horses to trim today but 2 had to reschedule so only did 6. 5 horses tomorrow. Got 10 to do on saturday. I'm rescheduling like crazy but all the saturday ones really need their feet done. Gonna be an interesting next 10 days.
Redd the Farrier Terrier is giving me lots of support :puppysmooze:. As is my new girlfriend. :flwrysmile:
 
George,

So sorry you're in so much pain. The 26th will be here before you know it. As hubby and I were waiting in pre-op we were so surprised that the day was upon us. We both remember the day the decision was made in September and that we had about 8 weeks to go. As mportant as it is fo you to take care of your clients make sure you reserve some George and Redd time. Sending you some relief vibes your way. You certainly deserrve it.
 
Hi George

I think we can all relate to how much the pain seems to get worse the closer to surgery, the bodies way of reinforcing how much we need the surgery.

In your situation it is doubly hard with all the heavy physical work you are doing. Have you tried applying heat to your pain. I found that was great Pre surgery.

Do take care of yourself, don't burn out now :)

Glad that Redd (and your new girlfriend :) ) are giving you support.
 
Hi George,

I hope the next 10 days go by quickly for you as you continue to wear out that old hip -- and nice to hear that you've added some else to your network of supports!! :)

I'm sure those horses that don't get their hooves done will understand -- however, their owners may not be as compassionate...

I hear you on the kids not wanting to work with their hands -- it's because we've spent their entire generation keeping them indoors sitting quietly in their chairs vs. out and about learning to do things with their hands and enjoying the natural world around them...

Hope you've got everything all set at home for your return from the hospital!!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Got all the horses done on saturday. 11 of them. Resting today and monday. Work tu,wed, fri, saturday but not full days.
 
Headed off the the shooting range with some friends to teach them how to shoot. Bringing my Ruger single action pistols in 22 Long Rifle and .44 Special. Then off to watch the new James Bond movie Skyfall tonight.

One week to go till surgery a week from tommorrow morning.
 
I know you must be anxious about now for the surgery to be done and over with. Hang in there, it will be here before you know it. I must say though, your plans today sound like so much fun. There is a great outdoor range close to where I live and another 1000 yard range about 45 minutes from here. My husband and I love to shoot all types of guns.

Relax and enjoy this time the best you can.

Tammy
 
Amazing that you got all those horses done!! You rock and I'm sure those horsey people appreciated all that work!! :thumb:

Not much time left, glad you are having some fun doing other stuff before your surgery.
Have a nice Thanksgiving.
Take care,
Cardie
 
Today 7 horses done.

Tomorrow thanksgiving with my italian friends who own a gourmet restaurant. Yum!

Friday 7 horses to do

Saturday 4 horses. My girlfriend who is a Reiki master will be along to provide positive energy.

Sunday last minute stuff around the farm

Monday 7:15 AM THR at Maine Med.
 
Will be thinking about you and sending great thoughts your way. Happy Thanksgiving!
 
George,

Not too long now. Hopefully you'll have those lighter days leading up to Monday. Hope you had a restful Thanksgiving. Wishing you restful and painfree days and nights until you return to the other side!
 
Hi George, looking forward to that first update post surgery - good luck for Monday :)
 
Got all seven horses done today. Tired now. Only 4 tomorrow. My girlfriend will be here in a few hours. :flwrysmile: she will go with me tomorrow so with her and Redd :puppysmooze: I think I can make it thru the last pre-op day of work. its been quite an adventure these last few months. Really tested my ability to "Cowboy Up"
 
George, you are amazing :thumb:

You so deserve a big long rest to go along with your THR recovery... good luck again :)
 
Hi George,

I hope you have a nice day today and a restful sleep tomorrow as your hip gets taken care of. We'll be sending positive energy your way and are glad that your Reiki girlfriend will be taking care of things there at the hospital.

We'll see you on the other side when you are feeling up to checking in.
Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi George,

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and wishing you nothing but the best for you tomorrow. I hope that your recovery is quick and painless. Take care and see you on the other side!

Tammy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom