Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR A New Day

Well, you sound very positive and cheery! Sleeping better, longer walks, physio going well, nicer weather and looking forward to planting your veggies. Thanks for stopping by with such uplifting news and optimistic outlook on all. Happy Friday, Jcx!
@Jcx
 
Three months to date since your revision. Happy Three Month Anniversary, Jcx!
I hope you continue to do well and Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods.
Wishing you all the best as you continue healing on your recovery journey. Enjoy the rest of the week! :wave:
@Jcx
 
@Layla . Thanks for the kinds words spring has definitely sprung here. Had my last physio today and don't have to see my consultant until a year's time. My extension was measured at 130 today. Three months has slowly passed and I haved improved daily. Here's to the next three months for more improvement. Thanks again take care jcx.
 
4 months since my revision on my left knee. The worrying thing is that once again my knee has developed a routine . One day it's tight band and the next it's more mobile. So just like the first time I can predict any given day what my knee
Is going to be like. I've asked surgeons physios and nurses is this normal but they just look me and can't relate to my scenario. Has anyone on bonesmart got any answers please. I will keep on doing my exercises walking and riding my bike as part of my recovery. Take care jcx
 
Hello @Jcx i hope today is a good day. I have not had my ops yet but I have read of tight bands, in the recovery threads, which in time get better.
Wishing you and your sister good recoveries.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jcx
Has anyone on bonesmart got any answers please.
I'm sorry you aren't getting any response from your surgical team. And I'm sorry to read the you are struggling with pain -- but remember that at 4 months you are still only one-third of the way through this recovery.

As you may know, under our new membership program, you are a Basic Member (which means you may continue to post in your thread, chat with other members, and search the forum.)

To get personalized advice from our staff, however, you must choose one of our subscription options. We are a non-profit organization and the small subscription cost goes toward keeping BoneSmart available for everyone.
Here is a link to see all the benefits: Become an Insider
 
6 months since my tkr revision and not much has changed in the last 2. I'm just trying to get on with my life. Going on holiday gardening walking and socializing is my main activities. The knee itself is the boss and tells me when I've done enough. Morning stiffness is my wake up call every day. The only thing I can not do yet is golf running and kneeling down. Thinking of going back to physio because I feel that I need to do regular exercise and stretching. Not 100,% happy with my knee but it is only six month old. Take care jcx.
 
but it is only six month old.
This is so true, and you still have 6 months more before your knee is completely healed. It is normal for a joint replacement to take at least a year to totally heal. You are doing well for being at the halfway point!
 
Not 100,% happy with my knee but it is only six month old.
Give it more time and maybe you'll soon ease back into golfing. Kneeling is overrated :wink:
What does your OS think about running post revision? Wondering if power walking, or making use of hiking trails as an alternative to running would feel satisfying to you? I'm glad you're listening to your new boss (knee) and resting on the days you're feeling the need.
I hope you have a nice weeknd! Enjoy those walks, getaways, and time spent in the garden, Jcx!
 
Seven months since my TKR revision this weekend and I'm on holiday in the lake district at Centre Parcs. The last time I visited this place was January before my revision operation. Most of my time was spent in the lodge. But today I've been out walking in the forest for two hours. Tonight we are all going out for a meal at the Italians my treat. Tomorrow is swimming and a trip into Penrith for lunch . Seven months has passed and I am still not happy with my knee but a lot more active since my revision. Looking forward to the day when my knee is not the first thing I think about in the morning. Take care Jc
 
Hi there, :wave:
Thanks for stopping by. It seems you're doing really well. Happy Seven Month Anniversary, Jcx.

I'll bet it feels good to be back to a place you love minus any pain you may have been suffering the last time you visited. You enjoyed a lovely walk and are now looking forward to a nice dinner and how thoughtful you to treat others to an Italian meal. Yum! Enjoy your swim tomorrow and lunch in Penrith. Safe travels home when your vacay ends!
@Jcx
 
Sounds like you are doing really well. I’m almost a year post revision and have really noticed an improvement in the last couple of weeks. Hang on. You will get there.
 
Just checking in at the 9 months mark and it's been a long journey. My TKR was carried out in December 2021 and my revision was January 2025. Nearly 4 years living with a knee implant.
I wish I could say it's been a blast but most days I've been miserable. When I think I have crack it my world comes crashing down. The biggest problem is the tight band feeling and not been able to get on with a normal life. I've tried walking cycling swimming resting icing and elevating but to no avail. I will never give up and hopefully at the 1 year mark I will see some improvement. I have asked to see a physio on Monday so see what they come up with. Rant over take care Jcx
 
Sorry that you are still struggling, @Jcx. But, as you note, you haven't reached the one-year mark from your revisions yet. Many of us really do see continued improvement well into the second year. I hope that will be the case for you.
 
I had a revision in September 2024. I have noticed a lot of improvement in the last couple of weeks. Definitely still improving 13.5 months on. Hang on and don’t lose hope. I hope things will keep on improving for you.
 
Hi there,
I'm sorry that you're dealing with some challenges, Jcx. I wish you well with your physio appointment tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. I hope you have a good week! :thumb:
@Jcx
 
Seen the physio on Monday but it was a bit of a waste of time. I should have seen him in the gym not in his office. The next appointment for the gym is December due to high demand in the NHS In hindsight I should have asked for an exercise programme that I could have done at home. But I will continue with stretching walking and a few miles on my bike. Take Care jcx
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom