Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR A New Day

I had my operation this morning and all went well. Waiting for the physio to come assess my capability. Looks like I'm going to be in hospital for 3 days because I had a revision. Feeling ok and ready to meet my recovery head on. Take care jcx.
 
I am wishing you the very best recovery in your knee revision. I had my knee revision on October 1, 2024. I will say that recovery has been more difficult with the revision than the first knee replacement back in 2022. I am four months post surgery now and can walk without any type of an aid though with a slight limp. I did four weeks of physical therapy in home healthcare and an additional eight weeks outside of the home. My ROM is not where I want it to be but is around 95 or a little higher the last couple of weeks. Progress has been slow but steady. I’m doing about one hour of physical therapy at home each day now, and am able to drive and do all household activities. Good luck in your recovery. It definitely gets better.
 
Thankfully surgery is now behind you. Glad to read you're feeling okay and ready to let the healing begin!
Do you want to record your revision recovery on this thread? Or do you want to start a new one? The choice is yours, just let us know if you need help with anything. Best Wishes!
@Jcx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Layla Happy to keep my post on this thread it's a good point of reference. Looked at my first ever post and come to the conclusion things weren't right from the start. Take care jcx.
 
Week one after TKR revision and it's all coming back to me. Log leg and so on reminds me of what it was like the first time around. Had my revision at the NHS. hospital in Newcastle and they do things in a different way. Firstly for knee replacement you basically come out of hospital with a pair of crutches. I asked for a leg strap raised toilet seat bed rail and a high backed chair. You only get these if you have had a hip replacement the physio said we like to keep your leg moving. Bollocks I said who ever made these rules has not had a TKR. Over the weekend my wife and daughter has begged stole or borrowed in my mind basic equipment. I am going to put a complaint into the hospital for my barbaric treatment on discharge. In a lot of pain but hopefully this will improve with time. Take care jcx.
 
You’re right, there are basic recovery aids that are really helpful. Do you also have a foam elevation wedge? I found that one of my best aids.
 
@Jockette Yes I have an elevation wedge I asked my son to buy me one for Xmas after reading about lounge doctor. The best Xmas present I have been given for a while. I've used it about four times didn't have one the first time around. Thinking back to the first there is no way I would have swung my legs in the air and used one. They say all TKR are different but I think the second one you know what to expect. Take care jcx.
 
Sounds like you have full support from your wife and daughter! That's great to hear they are advocating for you.

Keep us posted on your recovery. I don't have a surgical date but I believe my revision is coming in the next 6 weeks. I'm very nervous about it!
 
@2chains Yes I to do have a good support network and I hope you have the same in place. I've got everything I need and it's up to me to push through recovery. I desperately needed the revision and by the time it came around I was more than ready for it. Try to be brave and your goal is within your reach. Take care jcx
 
Good to read you have some loving caregivers by your side as you begin the healing process.
Best wishes for a smooth recovery, Jcx!
@Jcx
 
Recovering on your own can be difficult, but with preplanning, it can be done relatively painfree. A support system was right here for me, Bonesmart! In those lonely, scared times, coming here to converse with those others in the same boat were a huge comfort.
 
@sistersinhim I had lots of support last time not from physio's or surgeons. I found this site last time 3yrs ago. It changed my life anything i needed guidance facts experiences and practical advice. Was there from people went through this before us. Everyone I meet with knee or hip problems I inform them of this site. The best thing I am finding now is I can read all my old posts. Take care jcx.
 
Everyone I meet with knee or hip problems I inform them of this site.
Thank you so much! Your support is greatly appreciated.
Have a wonderful week! :)
 
14 days since my TKR revision and I'm doing as well as I could expect. Still lots of swelling and not getting a great deal of sleep. But very happy with my recovery so far. This revision recovery is different from my original surgery and hopefully I get a positive outcome this time. Take care jcx
 
I'm sure you already know what to do to help with that swelling since you have already been through it. But, I'll remind you of it...ice, elevate, and rest!
 
One for the diary had another restless night's sleep . But I would like to announce to the world I have just woke up and I was lying on my side. Last time I checked my phone it was 6.30 so it's 7.07 now. Had a good half hour for the first time not on my back but on my side. A small step forward in my recovery and a great start to the day. Take care jcx.
 
Woohoo:xmark: Happy Dance:yahoo:

Good for you celebrating each victory! Hope you're having a great day way over yonder, across the pond. :)

Thanks for sharing!
@Jcx
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom