THR A matching pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you from the Netherlands, @kwarendorf ? You'll need another team to support for Euro '16!
 
It must be quite a shock to you not qualifying. As a Scot, I'm kinda used to it!
 
We need a changing of the guard. Van Persie and Robben are getting a little long in the tooth...
 
Great news @Zelda - your progress is so encouraging. You make those of us waiting for our second new hip long to be done. Sounds like you're managing your exercise well. It only takes overdoing it once or twice before we learn to rein back eh!
 
You'll get your new hip soon, @Miss Muffet ! I'm glad I had to wait 12 weeks now even though I was impatient at the time.

I could have sworn I wasn't overdoing it. Suddenly I understand all these people who are out mowing the lawn at 2 weeks! I might leave mine a wee bitty longer still. :wink:
 
My feeling of slight LLD is gone. I think it was just the post-op swelling that was making me hold myself differently because I've had no sense of it at all the last few days.
:yes!:
 
@Zelda- so happy to hear hip #2 is going well! Can you believe how far you've come? I know full healing is a lengthy process, but oh, what relief and peace you must have knowing that things are progressing in the right direction!

I feel like all of us with joint replacements are special warriors, getting back in the game of life re-tooled and renewed. And the extra challenge of two needed joints- wow! For those who have accomplished it already like @Zelda and @StaceyJG1 and @Cynthia777 to those who are still in the process such as @Miss Muffet and @gullimac and @dandy_candi (and so many more), my sincere admiration, respect and best wishes to you! Celebrate you and your courage. Take a moment and think about what you've been able to do and what will be possible in the future. Bravo!

Keep up the good work everyone! Bit by bit we're getting stronger and better. Today: new steps. Tomorrow: world domination! Ha Ha

:wow:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My feeling of slight LLD is gone.
Most hippies experience this. Often the pelvis is slightly tilted pre-op while you try and stay off that sore hip. Post-op things just need a bit of time to balance again. Well done - another major milestone!
 
Wow, @Sommers16 what a lovely post. I feel all motivated to go out and battle something now but I'm going to stick with lying here on the sofa. I'm sure we can dominate the world with feet elevated and ice packs at the ready!

I've had my first trip out today - just to the garden centre for a coffee and an ice cream - and now I'm all sleepy with effort. Pleased with my progress and it's so good to get out, even if it is just for half an hour!

@Jaycey Thanks! I was almost certain I was just being paranoid but you know how every little thing niggles at this stage.
 
Day 15
Today I went to the doctor to have the dressing removed and incision checked. Everything seems to be fine but she gave me another dressing just protect it a few days more.
Other than that, recovery is going well. My longest walk so far is 500m but I can do that twice in a day with another 500m just doing stuff around the house. I'm not doing all my physio exercises every day but I can already do more than I could at three weeks last time. Yesterday I managed to go out for lunch and drop into the supermarket on the way home which felt like quite an adventure! I've got very little swelling and it's stiffness rather than pain that reminds me to take medication. I'm full of energy compared to last time - no naps but a good solid sleep every night. I keep waiting for the crash or a problem because it can't really be this easy, can it?
:what:
 
Thanks, @Krista. I saw you mention on another thread someone who wanted a "boring" THR - I think that's what I'm aiming for! :heehee:
 
Is there such a thing, @Zelda? ;-) Mine has been one big surprise after the other! May yours remain boring, but happy.
 
Congratulations Zelda on being on the other side.Glad you are doing well


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks!

This is day 17 and I walked a km all in one go. I've also cut down my diclofenac by half and swapped out the cocodamol for paracetamol only 3 times a day. Happy but boring continues - although I am very excited by the increased stamina!
 
So happy to read of your progress!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
This is day 17 and I walked a km all in one go

That is AMAZING! I am not sure what level of activity restriction that you had before but I know that I would LOVE to be able to walk 1km, and that is without the surgery! You are doing awesome!

:running:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom