THR A matching pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, your right @Zelda , I just want op over with now. Tired of waiting.:bored: (9 months ! !). Looking forward to hearing how you continue over the coming months. Hope I do as good as you.:fingersx:
 
Really struggling with full time work just now. All I do is work and sleep - just can't shake the tiredness.
:mcoffee:
 
So sorry to hear this, @Zelda. I know how the aftereffects of this surgery can play havoc with our lives for a long time. Wishing you continued healing and hope some of that energy comes back soon!
 
Hi Zelda

Sorry to hear work is tough for you atm. I have only just gone back a few weeks ago and am only doing 2 days a week and even that is tiring. I think we underestimate what our bodies are still going through all these months later. Hoping it gets better soon. Is there any way you can decrease your hours in the interim until your feeling more up to it?


29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016
 
Oh @Zelda that sounds awful. I really fear returning to work 6 weeks after surgery. I wonder what we can do to help with the tiredness (apart from sleeping).

Do you think it is the continued healing that our bodies are doing or the effects of medication? I wonder why some struggle with it more than others...
 
I completely understand. It's a different body after this surgery. No wonder you're tired. My surgery was over a year ago, but I really have to pace myself. If I do too much, my hips hurt. I think the ideal is to have a rest day every other day. I really feel for people who return to full time work or school. I don't think I could do it. I work from home, but I don't think it's every going to be the same as having a young, healthy, body. More limitations, in my opinion. The pain relief and normal gait is incredible, though. I hope you feel better.
 
Really struggling with full time work just now. All I do is work and sleep - just can't shake the tiredness.
:mcoffee:
I don't even remember writing that but it's a fair reflection of how I was feeling for a long while. I've got a week of holiday now, though, and the massive dose of iron I'm taking finally seems to be doing something for the fatigue.

Thanks, @Krista , @dandy_candi , @JMACCA and @Hip Hip Hooray! for your kind thoughts and I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I hope you're all well - Krista, I have been thinking about you and your surgeries even though I haven't been here.:friends:

I was feeling quite positive about going back to work and I was coping for the first few weeks which were part time. The physical side improved quite quickly in that I could manage the stairs and the standing no bother. I think I underestimated the overall energy and mental drain of it because the last six weeks have actually been the hardest of my recovery. :bawl:In order to function properly at work, I've literally done nothing else. I was coming home, my husband was shovelling a meal into me and then I'd be asleep until the alarm went off - no physio, no walking beyond that at work, nothing!
The fatigue isn't in my hips or that muscle tiredness from early in recovery. My GP says it is due to low haemoglobin after some blood loss during surgery. Apparently, even though I'm on industrial strength iron supplements, they take a long time to actually have an impact (although not on your digestion - that's been interesting!) so it's just been a matter of waiting and sleeping.
I do feel like I'm turning a corner now. It was just so unexpected as I thought I'd "done" recovery and everything would be a slow, gentle curve back to normality! :rotfl: On the positive side, my right hip feels utterly normal now. The left one gets a bit tight when I've had a physically busy day but nothing more.

I'm going to have a look round and check everyone's thread now. I really hope you're all doing fantastic!
 
I found the energy drain huge too.
I am glad the iron seems to be working finally and you start to feel better able to cope. X


Candice - 29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016 Revision of LTHR 12 October 2016.
 
@Zelda, wow, going back to work with low hemoglobin and having energy for nothing else sounds grueling! It's great that you feel like you are turning the corner. And kudos to your hubby for handling everything and making sure all you have to do is eat and sleep when you get home. Hope you will feel strong enough to enjoy some extra activities around the holidays! ❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎ ⚘⚘⚘
 
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

Tish tosh!! Don't worry about it! You poor thing, I really hope that you are able to do more soon, it must be really hard and something that really concerns me.

It is great that your hips is feeling good though!!

We miss you around here!
 
And kudos to your hubby for handling everything
He really has been amazing. He has endless patience and I'm very grateful to have him!
I really hope that you are able to do more soon
Well...this morning I have managed a seniors aquafit class which they very kindly let me join at the discounted seniors price! I swam a couple of lengths too which felt very odd but good.
:swim:
 
@Zelda sorry to hear you've been feeling so tired. I am sure the iron tablets will eventually help. Regards your work. Would you be able to cut down your hours again temporarily until you get you energy back ? You've had 2 major ops this year. A lot for your body and mind to go through.

You've done so well so far. :yay:

Just to let you know I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Doing OK. Not got any joint pain anymore. I can't get over how amazing it feels to not have that pain. Very tired this week. Want to do more but my body saying no way. So I just rest all the time. Getting other hip done sometime next year.

Your been a real inspiration for me and I hope you continue to improve over the next few months.
 
eally struggling with full time work just now. All I do is work and sleep - just can't shake the tiredness.
- and I missed your post too. :unsure: Am so sorry as I would have been back in touch. I do seem to miss people's posts and wonder if they think I'm neglecting them. I guess the fact you need a huge iron hit explains a lot. No wonder you felt so tired. Let's hope the iron will be the magic bullet and give you the pick you need. I also went to seniors aqua lessons after Hip #1. The best part is that there were only an average of 6 of us who attend and had the whole pool to ourselves. I can swim but it was a great excuse to do a lot of pool walking and wanted to learn to do 'proper' front crawl - however I only really spent time holding a float and kicking my legs in a scissor action (ie not using my arms) as a precursor to doing the whole thing properly. I must say getting in the water felt great and I was conscious that my core was getting some much needed exercise. I will definately go back to it once I'm over Hip #2. :swim:
Your husband sounds like a real diamond. I'd hang on to him if I were you.
Enjoy your break from work and let us know how you progress with the iron pills :chillpill:
 
Just to let you know I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Doing OK. Not got any joint pain anymore. I can't get over how amazing it feels to not have that pain.
Woo-hoo! That's fantastic. Resting is the way to go - listening to your body gets you better quicker in the end rather than getting into a cycle of overdoing it and getting discouraged.
Would you be able to cut down your hours again temporarily until you get you energy back ?
Not without also cutting my pay! I've been off such a long time I've run out of sick pay and phased return leeway. I really hoping I've turned a corner now.
 
Hope you've turned a corner. I'm sure when you get your iron levels up you will definitely feel less tired.
:dancy:
Keep us all update with your progress.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom