THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

@Pumpkin I imagine getting out, even with help was difficult! Thankfully, my chair has a plug to the mains, we have a mobile solar generator that we can plug into if the power goes out. You'd think I'd be fully covered but the cat occasionally messes with the extension and unplugs it. Thankfully, I only get stuck for a few minutes waiting for hubby to plug me back in! :meow:
 
For anyone who may face a similar issue with a posterior incision. I purchased a fluffy mattress topper, sized for a cot bed. It fits almost perfectly on my modern style leather recliner. Really making a difference already, a pain free recline at last. Much more comfortable and hopefully it may help reduce the swelling a little by taking some pressure off.
 
Well folks, Day 10 Tomorrow and I think I'm graduating early this time. I've been around for a while now posting quite frequently but like many BoneSmarties before me it's time to spread my wings and fly away.

Thanks to all of you members and admin for your invaluable encouragement and support, it made so much difference!

All the best on your recovery journeys :wave::loveshwr:

Over and out lovelies xxx
 
So glad to hear things are going well for you Deni. Good luck with your recovery. Please do keep us updated every now and then x
 
Hi Deni,
Thanks for the time and contributions you shared here. I wish you the best in whatever is next for you.
I hope the remainder of your recovery goes off without a hitch and you're able to fulfill all you've been dreaming of doing with your two new hips.
All the best!
@Deni444
 
For anyone who may face a similar issue with a posterior incision. I purchased a fluffy mattress topper, sized for a cot bed. It fits almost perfectly on my modern style leather recliner. Really making a difference already, a pain free recline at last. Much more comfortable and hopefully it may help reduce the swelling a little by taking some pressure off.
Hi Deni, I think I may be getting a posterior incision so I'm very interested in your purchase of your topper as I will initially be sleeping on my recliner.
Just wondering where you got it from..
So pleased that you are progressing well..
 
Pain can take a variety of forms and restlessness is certainly one of them. When you feel this way, don’t hesitate to take either your prescription meds or Tylenol for your discomfort. You are no doubt correct that the sitting in one position too long fueled the problem. This is why we suggest that people get up every hour or so and move around a little.

You’re doing GREAT!!!
Interesting that you consider restlessness a form of pain, suspect that relates to other types of joint replacement surgery as well as THR. Intending to discuss pain control with GP tomorrow, I've stopped the codeine because of nausea although I did take one before bed last night which may have helped a bit (not convinced codeine does much more for me than paracetamol - just 'takes the edge off').
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks, Day 10 Tomorrow and I think I'm graduating early this time. I've been around for a while now posting quite frequently but like many BoneSmarties before me it's time to spread my wings and fly away.

Thanks to all of you members and admin for your invaluable encouragement and support, it made so much difference!

All the best on your recovery journeys :wave::loveshwr:

Over and out lovelies xxx
Bye Deni, hope your recovery continues to go well. Maybe at some stage down the line you could pop back on and just let us all know how you are doing. Very best of luck, been nice conversing with you. :wave:
 
:fasthorse:Crashed and burned on my escape attempt! I think I'm institutionalised :heehee:

Warning! Opioids and lack of sleep can lead to deranged old lady syndrome! Seriously, sorry if I concerned anybody... I was having a moment. Thank you so much for all of your very kind words above! I am struggling a bit with swelling and lack of sleep and managed to end up in the ODIC not to miss out on a hat-trick. All part of normal recovery... Cough and moving on xxx
 
Glad to hear you’re back among the living. This is a new wing of the ODIC that we’ll have to watch out for. Make no drastic decisions while under the effects of loss of sleep and prescription pain medications. :heehee:

Seriously, I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better, @Deni444. Just keep reminding yourself how new you are to this recovery. You’ll still likely have lots of ups and downs before the ride is over. We’re here for you!
 
Hi @Deni444 , good to hear from you. I was a little concerned as your sudden leaving didn’t seem quite in character. Sorry that you are struggling and hope you’re now feeling a bit better. I know how hard it is having continual poor sleep. :console2:
 
Thank you @IndigoKnee :loveshwr: Emotional ups and downs are common side effects of the medication I'm on. I was all over the place with hip #1 but thought I'd gotten away with it this time. It kind of crept up on me a bit after the euphoria of a successful surgery and feeling physically so good the first week. As we all experience, recovery isn't usually a steady incline but that squiggly messy line.
 
Last edited:
@Deni444

Hi Deniiiiiiiii

I don't even know where to start. How are you? How is your recovery going? I have forgotten how to get on your thread, it's been so long !! I'll put an update on soon about how I am going, I actually quit my job, had lots going on hence why I haven't been on for so long but all is well now and I am on a good road. How are you doing? So you are back in the office now? How is all that going for you? How are your pets? Husband? Hope all is well.

Ash x
 
Glad to have you back Deni. You’ve been so helpful and encouraging throughout the time I’ve been part of the BoneSmart community. I hope your sleep improves and recovery continues to go well x
 
@Deni444 - Glad that you're back. That week 1 feeling better than I expected and week 2 feeling like "I don't remember this my first hip!" sounds familiar. Week 2 was disappointing both times.

But at least for me, week 3 both times was the week of the greatest and most noticeable improvement, and I hope that it will be so for you. Just keep adding one day at a time. You'll be posting happy posts about more sleep, less pain, and better mobility, sooner than you think.
 
Back
Top Bottom