THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

Day 5 rollercoaster... Oh wonderful, I can skip the strong pain meds... Oops, Oh no I can't... How much have I got left in that bottle? :tiredwheel:
 
Sounds very familiar. I think we all try to drop those prescription pain meds too soon. Maybe a little extra icing tonight to keep the pain at bay?
 
You are doing so well Deni. Good to read all your updates. Keep strong girl, you will get there!
:wave:
 
I’ve always found ice to be my best friend even now if I feel sore here & there.
Maybe your doctor will prescribe a few more if needed or if you can ice longer that can be beneficial as well.
You got this!
 
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! Everyday something a bit different but overall these early few days have been a breeze compared to last time! Today it's all about swelling and as you say Sandy, Ice is indeed, my very best friend. I don't think the swelling is activity related as I'm being careful and haven't increased. I caught a look at my pee (sorry always on about it) and it was a little dark and I realised I've not been drinking my water as much as I should. I understand that swelling can be worse if you don't drink enough water??
 
Glad to hear things are going better than last time. Not sure on specific swelling impact, but I know that I felt better when I stayed hydrated.
 
I understand that swelling can be worse if you don't drink enough water??
It's counterintuitive, but true. Drinking plenty of water helps the lymphatic system clear things out and reduces swelling. It's also a good idea to reduce sodium intake.
 
Thanks @scorow I read up a little on it and apparently it's pretty important in relation to swelling and so, I'm definitely upping my water intake. I'm not great at remembering to drink water!
 
I read up a little on it and apparently it's pretty important in relation to swelling and so, I'm definitely upping my water intake. I'm not great at remembering to drink water!
One thing I did when making sure I drank enough water was to have a water bottle always within reach to remind me. I have one of those metal ones that is a bit like a vacuum flask so keeps the water chilled.
 
@Legseleven Thank you for helping pass the time in the Games forum. I'm enjoying the distraction because I strangely find I can't enjoy watching anything for long or reading and I'm usually a YouTube or book addict!

@IndigoKnee Great suggestion, I have the exact thing you describe and it is now by my side!
 
Happy to help @Deni444 and good to have someone posting the Games Room, it’s been very quiet.
I’m finding my tolerance of everything increasing gradually, but like the whole recovery itself it’s not a straight line.
Currently reading the Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd, and one of the Dales Detective Series by Julia Chapman. I like 2 on the go depending on how I’m feeling.

Plus TV, jigsaws, crochet, knitting etc
Plus trying to get up to my studio for some art. Pacing myself is a challenging but after 48 hrs in the ODIC I’m learning, and still icing after exertions.

Keep up the steady work :flwrysmile:
 
@Legseleven Looks busy on the Knee forum but pretty quiet on this side. I envy your ability to continue enjoying your crafts. For whatever reason surgery seems to rewire my brain for a few weeks and I don't have the patience or attention to do anything much. I remember my first time in ODIC Hip #1... Thought I'd broken my new hip it set me back so far. Horrible couple of days. Glad you've come out the other side! Beware, often it's not until the day after that you know you did too much... Step carefully, friend :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Deni444
It’s a strange journey for sure, one that’s hard to imagine pre op, which is why BS is so helpful.
I’m 6 weeks on. Crochet still seems to be my main go to, squares, as my hands make them automatically. Concentration still wanes at times.
Go well.
 
Can't believe it, first week behind me! Still struggling with swelling but otherwise doing well. Unfortunately, my recliner who was my bestest of friends with #1 is failing me this time. It's the modern, narrow sort and with the incision being longer and going around towards my backside. It's incredibly hard to get comfortable or position the ice or get a pillow in. I've ordered a thick, soft mattress topper to create a deep fluffy seat area. There's only so much moving about I can get away with but... Just the very usual things to expect, can't complain and I'm looking forward to next week.
 
It’ll get better. The first 14 days for me were tough, especially day 9/10 with both knees. I didn’t have much sleep for a while, now I mostly sleep well, although Turing a lot still.
Thinking of you.
 
Unfortunately, my recliner who was my bestest of friends with #1 is failing me this time.
Sorry your recliner is failing you, hope the liner helps.
The electricity went out this week, I was all the way back in my power recliner with a back up battery??? Nothing happened when I tried to bring it back up. I was able to scoot out with help from my Husband. Inspected the back up batteries, the two 9Volt batteries were dead. We replaced them, hopefully next outage they will be fine.
 
Congrats on getting the first week behind you! Just keep ticking off those days one at a time and you'll very soon reach that phase where things start to get noticeably better (as I'm sure you remember from hip #1).
 
Now that would have been a frightening situation if you were by yourself, @Pumpkin….stuck in a recliner in the recline position! Oh my. That’s a new one on me :heehee: . Glad you got out of it okay. I can just imagine the 911 call - “Help! I’m stuck in my recliner and I can’t get up.” :rotfl: Of course, it’s not really funny, but it’s one of those things that can be a funny story after the fact once you’re safe. I tell you…your life is one challenge after another these days. You’re doing so well holding it all together.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom