Guest viewing is limited

THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

Thankd @Coddfish
That's such an informative comment giving a lot a context around the significance of sleep. I'm so sorry to hear that you continue to experience interrupted sleep as a consequence of the many health challenges you have faced. The body is a remarkable thing and over time, I imagine that it's adapted to your sleep pattern somewhat but that's no consolation. Waking up multiple times a night is horrible. I like the saying, never say never! I do hope that despite the long term nature of your sleep pattern, it will eventually resolve :loveshwr:
 
More good news, I'm on a roll...

My abnormal swab test result was of no concern to my surgeon, a man of few words informed my GP, no action required!

For anyone who enjoys the detail, here's a copy of the test results:

Screenshot_20250912-140324.webp

I'm going to have fun educating myself on these apparently, 'opportunistic' pathogens but I will resist boring you all :loll:

  • Acinetobacter baumannii
  • Acinetobacter ursingii
 
I am used to getting up several times a night. Mostly I fall back asleep in seconds; it’s the once a week or so night when I don’t that is a problem. Then it’s downstairs for a cup of tea, go back and try again, and if that fails change rooms so hubby gets a decent sleep.
 
Walking 10 minute sessions comfortable, albeit still quite reliant on my two CRUTCHES not 'crushes' as originally typed :loll: So much better than hip #1
 
Last edited:
Walking 10 minute sessions comfortable, albeit still quite reliant on my two crushes. So much better than hip #1
:rotfl:
I had to laugh when I read your post about being reliant on two "crushes," #Deni444. Even though I know you meant "crutches," my mind saw this:

[Bonesmart.org] A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

Not a bad way to recover, is it! :rotfl::rotfl:
 
@Jamie Thanks for spotting that :rotfl: Definitely not standard on the NHS
 
First 10 minute walk of the day = 533 steps/65 steps per minute (approx)... Significant improvement for me. I'm aiming for the more average, 1000 steps per 10 minutes. My watch registered 67% of my walk was fat burning... I need it :whistle:

Due to poor weather, I'm stuck indoors doing laps up and down.
 
Well done Deni! I had indoor exercises yesterday as it was horrible here, high winds and pouring down. I do a weekly online course set up by the local council for people who have fallen and fractured a bone to build strength and balance. :walking:
 
Sounds like everything is going really well! The weather has been so awful for me too which is quite frustrating when I just want to get out and about for some small walks! I don’t mind cold, or wind, but the rain makes me nervous.
 
@IndigoKnee What a great local council initiative! I'm picking up where I left off just before surgery, experimenting with 'interval-based walking', a little like the Japanese Walking. It seemed a good post surgery fit for me personally with my long term walking issues. I increase my pace for a couple of minutes (relative to recovery level) and then slow down my pace for a couple of minutes. I find I get a little aerobic exercise without overdoing it. Also suits indoor walking.
 
What a great local council initiative! I'm picking up where I left off just before surgery, experimenting with 'interval-based walking', a little like the Japanese Walking. It seemed a good post surgery fit for me personally with my long term walking issues. I increase my pace for a couple of minutes (relative to recovery level) and then slow down my pace for a couple of minutes. I find I get a little aerobic exercise without overdoing it. Also suits indoor walking.
My council send occasional emails of whats new and just after I got home from the hip surgery I had one saying they were now offering these classes (nothing to do with my surgery) at the leisure centre starting in 6 weeks. I sent a message to the organisers, iCareiMove, but they very sensibly said it would be too soon but when I was ready I could join the online class.
Sounds like you have found a type of walking/exercise to suit you.
 
@wabley Wow... Lovely to hear from you :loveshwr: Are you home?
I am! I was discharged 3 weeks exactly after my first hip. Been meaning to check in on here for a while but baby life took over after 3 weeks away from him.
 
At 26 Days post op, I'm still heavy on two crutches but seeing a slight improvement. Very different to hip #1 which was strong and self supporting but lacked any stamina. Hip #2 is not comfortable fully weight bearing but with some support will happily walk 20 minutes without flaring up.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom