TKR A Lefty for kneeper

The tables may be higher at the hs level, but still a great deal of squatting (at least there used to be). Also, the lack of carpet can't help. I also wonder if teachers are more prone to look for info and help because we are life long learners. This may explain our presence here too.
 
Thanks @Josephine My guess is my flexion is somewhere between 105-110 which is back to where I was pre-surgery. They measured me at 105 in PT when they released me but it seems like I've gained slightly since then. (Extension is 0) I continue to do some stretches and heel slides, but nothing too intense. I'm mostly slowly resuming day to day activities like light cleaning & trips to the grocery store. And a couple of hours at work twice last week--mostly desk work.

I have a little stiffness but walking is feeling more and more normal. My knee doesn't feel warm most of the time and it's looking knee-like :wink: so the swelling is probably a bit hidden. With the tylenol [3x day--which barely keeps the pain from my bad shoulder at bay :sad:) I don't feel pain in the knee at rest.
I will make more of a point to ice the back of the knee a couple of times a day.:ice:
 
@dtmbf Glad to hear you're sleeping well! Some days I have trouble getting to sleep at night and others I just crash. But I'm sleeping pretty well. I agree on the energy drain--we're healing but also many of us have gotten a bit out of shape with deteriorating knees and then the recovery period.
I like your motto--Onward!
 
Also, the lack of carpet can't help. I also wonder if teachers are more prone to look for info and help because we are life long learners. This may explain our presence here too.
I agree--terrible floors. I just bought some new "school shoes" that are comfortable and have lots of support and that helps a bit.
I also agree that teachers may be likely to want to learn more and seek out something like B.S.

I have a long way to go before I can retire--at least now the knees will help keep me going. I like the teaching-- it's all the other issues that get you down. But right now it's the start of a new year and I'm getting a bit psyched for it.
 
I had my 12 weeks check and xray. The bone is growing in nicely--some places totally in and others almost there (I had cementless) and the positioning looks good. I asked about the painful area on stairs and the PA said it could be related to the IT band. She said to keep doing my stretches and agreed that probably time is an element too. So all in all, I'm feeling pretty positive.
 
I was stuck in meetings all day yesterday with no chance to elevate. Luckily there were a few breaks to stand up and walk around. "Lefty" was pretty unhappy--stiff and sore-- and I was wiped out. I put my feet up and slapped on the old gel pack when I got home. But the good news is I felt pretty good today.

I've been able to cut the grass in installments over a couple of days (I have a nice self propelled mower) and take short walks (not on the same day). I am being very careful not to aggravate my soft tissues (after problems I had last time) so I'm really pacing myself.
 
@kneeper
The lesson that keeps being repeated and which you followed with mowing the lawn and your short walks,
" is to pace ourselves" .

Good wishes for the new School term.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
I had the same issue on Wednesday with not being able to ice much. One of the results was agreeing to join the school improvement team. What was I thinking?
 
@marmora you are a genius! We should name this new phenomena in your honor! Maybe something like marmora ice syndrome, MIS for short. There should be warnings everywhere as MIS may lead to increased knee awareness and poor decision making. Do not make any major decisions, sign any legal documents and do not drive until you know how MIS affects you.
 
I had the same issue on Wednesday with not being able to ice much. One of the results was agreeing to join the school improvement team. What was I thinking?
Yeah, I ended up agreeing to chair a committee. WWIT What was I thinking? :doh:
 
I found out a long time ago, when I was on the PTA and also secretary of the swimming club, that I am not a committee person! I will do volunteer jobs, but committees just drive me up the wall.

If I ever join a committee again, I know that I have really lost it!

Different horses for different courses, I guess! :heehee:

Hi @kneeper Good progress! :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom