Guest viewing is limited

TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

:iagree:With @jbrooklyn and Celle. You should still be taking your meds as prescribed, especially considering the problems you had in the hospital. Meds (as prescribed), rest, ice no elevate.
 
I have stayed more on track with my meds the last few days and it's been easier... I am able to take only one instead of two during the day... Pt went well however the heel slides she wants to push but today I said no that hurts... She did ask me if it was stretching pain or pain... At the time it was pain not just stretching so I told her.. She could tell and was better the rest of the session... But I was in tears.. This left leg is a fight

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I am paying for it big time... I am hurting so bad that I'm sick to my stomach

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hi, Pansy-Maybe explain to your PT how much pain has been a problem for you, and that's why you need to take it easy for the rest of your recovery. That is not irresponsible at all . . . in fact, making it your business to avoid pain by taking your meds, being gentle in PT, and resting/icing is the fastest way to heal. You have had so much problem with pain, you deserve to treat yourself with lots of TLC. Great to hear you are taking your meds more regularly. Please keep it up.
 
@Pansy727 , I haven't had my surgery yet but for what I read on this wonderful forum is do not over do it . Go at your own pace. Some Physical therapists love to push patients to the max. I think you are your best judge at what is better for your self. Im praying for your promt recovery .:loveshwr:
 
Hugs to you, sweetheart. Hope you feel better real soon.
 
Thank you so much. I did several times today tell her. No that hurts... And when she saw me crying she said take your time.. But man I've paid for it this afternoon...

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Don't just tell her. Insist that she stops. There's no need to rush to get ROM, because it can continue to improve for a year or more.

Just be kind to those knees and to yourself!
 
So I'm cutting and pasting this from someone's thread where I just posted...

i wasn't allowed to bend my knee for a month (just to be sure I wouldn't my OS put me in an imbolizer with steel bars). A month later I was bending my knee with just easy heel slides, also per my OS's recommendations and 4 months later riding 4 miles on my exercise bike. ROM will come when your knee is ready. If I can get it after a month OS a straight knee, you can get,it with easy stretches and slides. Don't let anyone hurt you or push your knee.
 
When I first injured this same knee back in college they put me in s strait leg cast for almost 6 months, no surgery or anything. Recovery and PT after coming out of the cast was agony. After the TKR, the pain levels are similar, but a little worst. I worked through it and was doing very well, until my little setback. Determination and patience with your knee is the best combination, just don't over do it, or do it till it hurts.
 
Pt came today this wa a different person I liked her alot better.... Rom is now 100 degrees in right knee and 74 degrees in left.... Icing them down this afternoon and taking my meds

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Even right one hurting tonight.. Ugh... Come in meds kick in

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Are you taking your meds on a regular schedule? It's important to do that, otherwise you are playing " catch up" with the pain.

Do remember that it's your knees and you have the absolute right to say what happens to them. You can call a stop at any time during PT.
If you are aching and sore after a PT session, you did too much and you need to cut back on the exercises.

There really is no need to rush to get ROM. It can continue to improve for a year, or even longer. You will find that both knees recover well, even if one seems to be a bit slower at the moment. Don't work the slower knee harder, in an effort to make it catch up. Just give it time.
 
I think I am the one pushing it too hard.. I need to remember slow and steady... And yes I am keeping track of meds regularly.. I downloaded an app to alert me when to take them so I stay on schedule... It does feel. Like I'll be in pain meds forever ugh. I'm not going to push as hard tomorrow.. I can tell you thst

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
You will gradually find you need the pain meds less. For now they are part of having a successful recovery. Your knees are still babies. :)
 
During the day I only take one pill at night I take two.. And I can go 5-6 hrs during the day but at night I do every 4..
I've got a new pt and I love her.. I'm calling tomorrow to request she comes back..

Rom is good and improving.. I started pt with right at 80 and left at 68..today right is 106 and left is 78 so I am getting better!!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansy727 Congrats on the improved ROM. Hopefully your pain will continue to be better controlled. I admire you for getting both done at the same time. Now that I am post op for 1 knee I don't think I could've done them at the same time! You are very brave. Just remember time and patience, you'll get there!!!
 
It'd not been easy but it gets easier every day.. I'm glad I did them both bc I can't say I would have gone back.. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Pansy727 :loveshwr:So happy that things are getting easier for you, and that you can see some improvement. I'm sure it helps to know you're going in the right direction!

In one of your prior posts you mentioned that you downloaded a medication reminder app. Can you share the name? I think I could use something like that.
Take good care
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom