TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

I finally called the after hours number.. He said I strained it.. But to watch for extreme calf pain.. To squeeze my calf about three times a day bc sometimes that twist could break off a blood clot but rarely.. To ice it and elevate it more and try to even ice during the night.. Do my exercises but just a little lighter.. To call if it gets any worse.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Well now you have your homework for the next couple of days. Hopefully all of that babying it will help settle down your injured knee. Glad you finally got through to someone but that would've bothered me that they didn't call back all day long. Feel better Pansy!
 
Glad you got through to the OS's office, keep an eye on it, and let it heal.
 
It did bother me and I let him know I called this morning and left a message and got no call back

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
So pleased you called the out of hours service, appalling you didn't get a call back. You must be relieved it's a strain, now you need to rest, ice etc.....and stop worrying!
 
Totally had a great day.. Until later this after noon when I found out of you let the pain meds go bc you feel like you can bc you are feeling better you pay... Now I'm hurting and chasing the pain... I need someone to knock me in the head lol. .. I did my exercises today but instead of 15 reps I did 10..but kid my knee is screaming... I'm praying for a peaceful sleep and these meds to kick in

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
That's the key, take your pain meds regularly especially as you're not even a month out yet. The longer you leave between them, the more your pain increases and then it takes longer to settle. I'm sending you a virtual knock on the head :hissy: to say that you need pain meds even if you do feel ok!

Hope you managed to sleep ok.
 
You cannot even think about letting those pain meds go yet. Don't worry about them, just take as scheduled. I had my BF helping me during my TKR, she has had over 10 major surgeries (2whipples) and many minor surgeries, so she knew exactly what I needed as far as pain meds. When I voiced concerns over dependency or addiction she lol and brought me the prescribed medication. A time in the near future will come when you need them less and less, but not at 3 weeks.
 
So all I have wanted to do today is sleep... I am literally exhausted.. I have no idea why... Not like I've done alot

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Your body is working hard doing it's healing thing. Takes a lot of energy for the body to heal. I'm awfully tired today too and I only had 1 knee done. It's the first real day I can say that I am exhausted. You have double the healing going on.
 
Ok new pain I haven't felt.. On my good knee the right one.. It hurts on the lateral side.. Really bad.. Like when I move it I can feel like pain.. Is it nerves waking up?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Could be. I noticed my aches and pains changed and moved, usually up my leg, for about the first five weeks.it was pretty interesting. Usually an ache here and there with a zinger like nerves connecting every now and then.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@Pansy727 You're not the only one who is tired. If I close my eyes I am away, morning, afternoon or night. I can sleep my life away. I remember this from last time, so I'm not worrying about it, although it does seem a big waste of time. I just put the radio on and miss all the program's :rofsign:
 
So I was doing my pt exercises and one of them is the small squat holding onto the counter. And my right knee literally felt like it popped.. Is that even possible.. I have ice on it now and it hurts.. Then of course my aquacel bandage has been peeling up.. Well they told me that if it peeled up to the point where water could get into the bandage I need to take it off.. So i did.. And all the steristrips came off with it.. Yuck! So this afternoon on top of all that I'm crying for no reason and just want to keep crying.. What is wrong with me?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Pansy727,
You just twisted and injured your knee, you can skip your pt exercises, let your knee heal. You are only a few weeks out from your TKR. You will have plenty of time to exercise later. when your knee is ready.
Rest, Ice, Elevate, and medicate on schedule as prescribed.
 
I just have this fear of not doing it and not getting any better

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
You're in recovery from a Bilateral TKR. It's normal to wonder what's wrong with you, but there's really nothing wrong. Hugs.

I'm not sure what to say about the popping sensation you felt. I haven't had that happen to me, so I'm clueless.

As for the bandage and the steri-strips coming off, that should be fine at this point in your recovery. Refresh my memory, do you still have staples? If so, you'll want to find bandage to cover the staples to keep them from catching on anything. If you're glued or have the staples out, how does the incision look? I would imagine pretty clean, right? (For some reason, I'm remembering you may have had to wait for your doctor to get back to town, so you haven't had your staples removed yet, or was that someone else?)
 
No I just had dermabond and steri strips.. With an aquacel cover.. It looks good.. It's very clean

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Nothing to worry about then. Give yourself a break, rest, ice, and elevate. Pumpkln is right. You're very early, and it's too early to be doing squats. My PTs suggested I try them too, but they (the squats) were pretty uncomfortable, so I didn't. One asked me to demonstrate, and she said, "You're trying to go way too low for where you are in recovery (about three weeks), only go an inch or less." So it was a very minimal "squat" they were suggesting I do. Still, I skipped them until I could get in the pool a few weeks ago.
 
Pansy,
Your knee was just cut open, soft tissue pulled apart separating the layers, your bones were amputated, then pounded, screwed, and glued back together, your soft tissue was then pulled back, sewed together, and your skin glued.
All you need to do right now is a few Heel slides and how to do them , and the usual walking around you normally do around the house for bathroom, kitchen, living area etc. More important you let those cut, pounded, stretched, screwed, glued, sewed, and stapled tissues heal. You are not weak, and out of shape, you are injured and your body needs to heal, as you heal you will recover your strength.
You incisions sound like they are doing fine, my steri strips were taken off by my OS at two weeks.
Overdoing can slow down your recovery more than doing too little.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...es-of-doing-too-much-of-it.26764/#post-797359
:sleep::ice::elevate: and :chillpill:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom