TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

@Pansy727 youll be done with the pain meds in good time. But for now you're not even a month out, so taking meds as prescribed is crucial. You don't need to be in pain because you're knees will rebel.
 
Omg... I was getting in bed..getting things straight to roll over on my side like I do every night... I went to roll over and my foot in my left leg got caught on the covers and I twisted my left knee.. I screamed.. my husband came running ... Omg it still hurts.. Just throbbing... On the side of my knee and like under the front... Feels like someone hit me with a bat.. Hurts to move it .. Everytime I try excruciating pain and I'm brought to tears again... I have ice on it.. What could I have done.. Maybe just stretched it? What should I watch for in case I did do something. . Any advice... It hurts so bad

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Pansy727,
You probably twisted your knee, be sure you are taking your pain medication as prescribed.
You are just a few weeks out, it does not take much to make your knee very unhappy, a quick stretch and twist will flare it up immediately.
Follow the Mantra, Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule as prescribed. Watch for increasing heat, swelling, redness, and check for bruising later, it will take a while.
Call your OS in the morning and let them know what happened.

Keep us posted on how you are doing,
 
I will... It still hurts... Hurts to move the leg at all.. I'll call the nurse in the am... I've got it elevated with ice on it now.. Just took my oxy.. Had my nighttime meds and it'll be fine for percocet around 1230

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I sure hope so... Bc it hurts to move it right now

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Pansy727 , I'm happy you are getting better. Keep up the good work! I would also like to know about the app for the medicines reminder if you can share it. Take care!
 
Oh I hope that pain will ease soon and pray the OS will reassure you tmw. Big hug.
 
Failing an app to remind me about medications, I used a simple alarm clock.
 
Hope your knee feels better soon. I'm sure it's only twisted, l fell on my knee at 8 weeks (onto paving slabs) and had severe bruising only, also slipped on a wet floor a week later and twisted my knee. It takes time, but should settle, just rest, elevate, ice and take your meds. OS confirmed all was well.
 
It may just take a day or so of tlc, ice, elevation and meds by the clock to settle down. I had an incident where I stepped down with the wrong foot and tweaked my knee and that's what it took to settle it down.
 
I left a message with the nurse this morning but haven't heard back.. It's still hurting... Not as bad as last night but it hurts to raise it and bend... And to put pressure on it... Hurts across the front and around to the back... I've been icing and taking meds..

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Just keep on icing, elevating, resting and taking meds. Can you phone the nurse again, if so, do that.
 
They said don't call more than in a 24 hr period

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
It would be nice if they were to call you, all very well saying don't call, but they need to ensure that they contact you surely.
 
I know they said on the recording they would.. Who knows.. I just know I just wanted some reassurance from the dr office.. It is still very sore

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
That's exactly what you need from them, although we can try and reassure you, as so many of us have gone through this type of thing, there's nothing better than being reassured by your own OS/Nurse/Physio.

My knee was and still is sore after l fell on it two weeks ago, so yours is bound to be. Those soft tissues have probably taken a real bashing.
 
Back
Top Bottom