TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

I napped all the time in my early days and weeks. Best advice, don't fight it. Sleep whenever you can.
 
At night it's hard but it's so much better than it was...

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansey727 You look great! And your legs look amazing! It is so very hard to think that you had them both done at the same time. :) That is behind you now, and your overall recovery will be less and you will be mobile in no time. So very very happy for you!! :)
 
It's amazing to me how much less selling I have even after major surgery

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
I read that your body will lead you.. I let it lead today I was exhausted

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Pt came today and said she could already see improvement in rom.. She said she could tell I was doing my exercises but not overdoing it.. Man that left knee is tight though.. And those heel slides hurt. More stretching pain though.. But I can see I am getting stronger.. I couldn't pick my left leg up on its own when I left the hospital a week ago tomorrow. Now I can move it lift it all without any help.. Yay!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansy727
Don't let the PT hurt. Be very gentle with the exercises. Your knees will still be very swollen and they won't be able to bend properly until most of the swelling has gone.
 
Good for you! Leg raises were my nemesis, but when I finally got it there was a celebration! Take it easy, ice, elevate and stay ahead of the pain.
 
Today I hurt I did my exercises once and I pushed like my therapist said to but now I have more swelling and stiffness. Am I sitting too much or what? I walk every hr. I ice almost constantly when I'm not up.. But it hurts

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Are you elevating toes above the nose? That helps sometimes. Swelling and stiffness is normal at this point in recovery, but if you are hurting at PT, stop when it hurts. Pushing could very well be causing the swelling and the stiffness is because of the swelling.
 
Ditto what @KarriB said. Your knee is in charge. It does not like to be pushed. Indulge it and it gets a lot friendlier. If you have room in your daily limit of Tylenol, take 1000 mg. It really settles down inflammation. No more than 4000 mg from all sources per day, so be careful. Also try eating a no salt diet. Helps. And like Karri said, elevate. Hope you feel better soon.
 
I am elevating while icing.. Pt wants to rally push it so when I did my exercises today I did too. We'll I'm paying for it now.. T swollen tight and pain in the back of the knee

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry to hear you are paying for pushing too much earlier today. Spend the weekend Resting, Icing, Elevating, and Medicate on schedule as prescribed.
An old wives tale for cramps is a bar of soap, (any brand) in your bed. I place ours at the foot of the bed under the mattress pad. One time I forgot and my husband had cramping in his leg. Yes, I am a little superstitious at times. If it works, well it works.
Good luck and I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
 
I take a Robaxin every night. Took care of the leg cramps for me.
 
Don't let the PT hurt. Be very gentle with the exercises.
Take those exercises and stretches to the point of dicomfort, only! Do not get frustrated or listen to the PT---there is nothing you can do to speed things up, but working too hard can certainly slow things down. Fight that urge to work hard.

Remember---the PT works for you, not the other way around.

Sorry to hear you are paying for pushing too much earlier today. Spend the weekend Resting, Icing, Elevating, and Medicate on schedule as prescribed.
:iagree:
 
I must say it's beyond discomfort and into pain.. I actually cried out during one it hurt so bad.... Today I will be gently stretching

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom