THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH dear @Krista, that pile of screwdrivers looks much like what I'd end up with if I began tackling our garage!
As far as calling more than once a week, I'm just getting impatient for you. You're so special to me and I feel kind of protective of you. Crazy, huh? Okay, I'll try and learn some of your patience and keep my trap shut. :heehee:
 
@Cynthia777, it makes me feel pampered that you are impatient for me and feel protective! Not crazy, no! You are dear to me, too. I worry that you may be done with your participation here on Bonesmart by the time I have my op. If so, I'll send you personal messages galore! Hope you are having a good recovery. I remember how awful I felt during those first 3 weeks, and hope you feel better than that, CC!
 
@Krista where are you girlfriend ? Hope you are ok??
I just wanted to wish you well with the sleep test tomorrow. :sleep::yawn::sleeep:
 
I'm here, @Simplieme! Had the best Mother's Day ever, with loads of laughing, home-cooked/grilled food, perfect weather, and the company of my daughter, her friend, my sister and husband. I feel so fortunate. Now I need to be closeted up for a week, as I am an introvert and I used up all my together-time quota for the month! I am excited about the sleep test. Will take selfies of myself all hooked up to the wires, and then the CPAP, if I get to try one out. Hope you had a great day, too!
 
I checked, @Simplieme, and I am 5 hours behind you, so my evening is still young! I'll be hitting the hay early today, though. Having fun knocks me out!
 
@Simplieme, oops! I checked online for the time zone for Alberta, Canada, and that's what it said. Well, then you are an hour behind me. It's been a great day, whatever time it is!
 
@Krista oh that makes sense. Just enjoying a BBQ and a glass of wine with hubby. My son called from Georgia this morning. He's a long haul truck driver. Daughter in UK sent a lovely message
 
@Krista
Wow!! Your homemade pies look store bought!! Yum!! My mouth is watering!!
Glad you are having a sleep test tomorrow. Will be thinking about you and hope all goes well. Just another hurdle before your hip surgery is scheduled. Have a good evening. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks so much, @Arlene56! I made two more yesterday, since my daughter really wanted some. I gave a whole pie to her and her friend, plus they ate half of the pie that stayed here! I'll be taking selfies of myself with all the wires attached and might even post one tomorrow night, as I will have wi-fi! Lights will be out at 11pm. Gulp!
 
@Krista your picture of all the screwdrivers made me chuckle. I am desperately looking forward to being able to clean out and organize my garage and workspace. I wonder how many screwdrivers I will find. We moved into this house a little under 2 years ago and I was absolutely not much help physically even then. I am not the cleanest or most organized person but it has been driving me crazy. We still have several boxes that we have partially dug through and I can only imagine the useful (and absolutely completely useless) things we have down there. I also would like to get out and the yard and tackle a few projects.

Good luck with the sleep study. It is certainly a unique experience having all those wires hooked up to you while you try to sleep. :yawn:
 
Hey, @gullimac, we have hundreds of bins down in the basement, filled with so many tools. We could easily open a used hardware store. And I keep finding more screwdrivers! I had to do it, since my husband is still working, probably 80 hours a week, and he has no time to do it himself. I keep saying "after he retires" for all of the projects around the house that are in dire need of doing. Soon you will feel so good that you will easily be doing those clean-up projects, I am sure! Regarding the sleep study, it is hard for me (and most people, I suspect) that it is hard to sleep in a new place. Will I even sleep at all, I wonder?

@Simplieme, sounds like you had a delightful day! My son lives 2,000 miles away in California, and he gave me a call. Love to hear his voice, don't see him nearly enough. So nice to have good relationships with our kids.
 
Krista,
I use CPAP, takes a while to get used to, but I feel so much better. Ask for an Ambien or other sleep medicine for your sleep study. I had to come back a second night, the first night I only slept 2 hours. And I had to pay another 500.00 co insurance. :gaah:
 
Ugh, Pumpkin, that's awful, having to pay that much money...twice! And only 2 hours that first night. So glad to hear the CPAP helps you so much. I am so eager to find out if it will make any difference for me.
 
I survived the sleep study. They did not have me use the CPAP, so apparently I didn’t have enough apneas to justify it. I should have results in 8 - 10 days. I was really surprised at how many wires they attached to my body, a couple of dozen. I attached a photo of myself all decked out that is pretty funny. My hair had to be pulled about in order to paste on a number of the wires.

I do know that I woke fully at least 10 times, maybe more. Had to go to the bathroom once - had to summon the technician with a bell, and she disconnected all the wires. Once I woke up and moved my legs, and got a horrible pain in my left thigh (non-surgical leg). It was like a charlie horse. It was difficult to massage the spot because of the wires. I was generally comfortable, in spite of all of the connections, but just didn’t feel free to move much. I turned on my side once, and it was on the surgical leg, think I only lasted an hour there, and spent all of the rest of the night on my back.

In the last hour I had several dreams, dreaming that the study was over and that I was awakened and was trying to leave. Then I would really wake up, realize I was still there, fall asleep again and dream again that it was over. In my dream my brother and sister-in-law were there, my husband was there. We forgot our wallets, cell phones, got lost trying to find our way back to the sleep center - just such frustrating dreams. I know I had at least 4 of them in that last hour. It was a relief to be awakened in reality!

I was home by 6am, showered and washed my hair, which had about 5 spots of hardened paste where leads were attached. Got some laundry going, and now I am sitting and exhausted.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'
    IMG_2917.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 231
Here lets hook you up to a 1000 wires put you to bed, and wish you a good night, and hope you get a good nights sleep. :rotfl: For my first study the room was dusty, my asthma acted up all night.
Glad it looks like you may not need CPAP. I am impressed your followup is in 2 weeks, I had to wait 2 months for a follow up. Let us know what they say.
Love the photo, it sums it up just how miserable you are during a sleep study. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom