THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, @Miss Muffet! Just got the go-ahead from second surgeon, so I am actually PACKING! Finally, after 3 dates for this gluteus medius repair and look-see/possible hip revision surgery, I will be done by this time in two days. I am SO excited! I'll start my new recovery thread tomorrow. My back is feeling better and better. If it gets worse during surgery, well, I'll be having some nice, heavy-duty meds and be in a hospital, so I'll be fine no matter what.

@tamra, all the best to you in your surgery today. Sending lots of good vibrations to your right leg and new hip! I have less than two days until I start over! I was warned today, of course, by the second surgeon that I might not get better, that it might be even worse afterwards, that it won't fix my back problems, and on and on. They have to say that. I signed the consent form and am hoping for the best. I don't see how things can get worse. At least I have a chance to get better now!
 
@Krista Hey lady! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I too am thinking about you and hoping you still have the go ahead for your surgery after your appt today. :fingersx::angel:

It is today correct?
 
Yep, @Tweetybrd, I'm packing up for surgery on Thursday. Saw surgeon today and all systems are GO! It's three months away for you. I remember how that felt - seemed like forever! :)
 
@Krista Yay! So glad to hear you got the go ahead from the surgeon!!! :happydance: Good luck on Thurs! I will be sending positive vibes up for you to have a successful surgery and great recovery.
Yep, I hit 90 days out on Sat. (87 today) Not that I'm counting or anything. :giggle:
My surgery was scheduled the end of June, so I have made it almost through 4 months already. I totally can do three more...:flwrysmile:
 
HI my sweet friend Krista! I'm sorry I haven't been on much, but I've been in the midst of some Heath issues (nothing to do with my hips...they're doing great).

I want you to know that I've been thinking about you and praying this surgery will be successful and you'll be able to move forward on a road to good health. You've been through TOO much and you deserve a break.

Many hugs!
CC
 
@Cynthia777, so sorry to hear that you are having health issues. Wishing you the best dealing with them and hoping you catch a break. I appreciate so much your well wishes for me! I'm being very organized getting things ready and finishing up various projects around the house. Brain is so full of details I have no time to be anxious. I am looking foward to going under the GA, to black everything out, and then wake up to laser-focus on my recovery!

@Tweetybrd, 7 months of waiting, that is so hard, you have my sympathy. I've been waiting since last December, when I knew something was wrong with my recovery, and that was after waiting to be able to walk from the previous July. Always waiting... for appointments, for tests, for results, for surgeries, enduring cancellations and other health crises. It does eventually end!
 
@Krista So glad you're moving toward surgery tomorrow after all you've been through. And it's good that you're busy and staying focused and calm. I know that brain full of details feeling (not sure it alleviates my anxiety although a little bit of Lorazepam sure helped me sleep last night).
 
@Krista Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow! Hope your experience in rehab is as successful as mine was and you are healed and walking around in no time.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom