Guest viewing is limited

Hip Resurfacing 5 Weeks Pain<

@wendys Yes, I have had two surgeries since, hip revision in October when infection was discovered so I was fitted with an antibiotic spacer (ie no hip) then in March the stage 2 Revision was successful and I was fitted with a 30cm (12in) stem and larger ball. That hip is marvellous!

I did not want to say but every Sunday I took Fosamax (at 6.30am) I did not feel well all day, nauseous. Now I often suffer with a burning upper esophagus and I think that is because I lay down for an hour after my sitting upright for half an hour. My fault, but I am retired and not an early bird! My sister also took it and gave up after three weeks so was given monthly infusions but it didn't help her. I now permanently take Calcium and Vitamin D3 although I live where the sun always shines.

Don't overdo it when the family is there ... I am sure they will understand if you are slightly laid back and less active.

Izzy xx
[Bonesmart.org] 5 Weeks Pain<
 
My heart goes out to you. May God give you comfort and peace. And the ultimate healer is healing you.
God bless you.
 
@Izabel My heart and prayers are with you!!! I’m going to discontinue the Fosamax and take Vitamin D and Calcium and eat a healthy diet. I will try not to overdo things this week. I’m absolutely terrified of doing something wrong to make my problems worse. I’m even considering going back to work at ½ time for first two weeks. I just want to take it slow. God bless you! Wendys
 
Hope you have a fun day with your grandson and family. If you haven’t already, they sell walker handles pads on Amazon. I used those and wrapped with soft fleece socks over the pads. My hands were so sore. I got pressure cracks on my palms. Very painful. I didn’t think of the pads at first, so maybe they will help prevent you from that pain. Prayers that today restores your spirits. Your bone will heal. It just needs lots of rest and time. ❤️ @wendys
 
Last edited:
Hi @wendys :hi:
How are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a bit. Hopefully things are going well for you.
Let us know next time you drop by.
Wishing you a great week and continued healing. :)
 
Hello @wendys Thinking of you. Hoping you are recovering well. How are your hands doing?

Congratulations on your one month anniversary! Hoping four weeks out that you are feeling a bit more stable. Have you had an xray yet to check progress on your bone? Sending healing prayers ❤️
 
Layla, Fit4Family, Izabel - I’m doing well. I had a week of company here and enjoyed the distraction but felt sorry for myself a few times. Unable to truly play with my grandson like I wanted to but I just focused on the fact that next time I see him I’ll be able to.

My incision is close to being healed but still hurts once in awhile. My real issue now is that my left and severely osteoarthritic hip is hurting so bad! It’s having to do all the work. It now hurts to sleep on that side and I can’t sleep on surgery side yet so I’m flat on my back. I go back to work tomorrow at 50% work schedule. Working 12-5 which allows me to do my exercises in the morning and take my time getting ready.

Still on walker so have not gone driving anywhere. My daughter will drive me to and from work. My six week check up is 7/30 with Dr Gross. No - I have not taken the Fosamax! I just don’t want to and I’m trusting my gut instinct. I took it one time and was so sick with diarrhea, gas, acid reflux and just felt awful. This has been the darkest and most depressed I’ve ever been in my life. Post surgical depression is real!!! I am glad to get back to work and I will do my best to be careful! Love all y’all!!!! I’ll post after my xray! wendys

@Fit4Family Meant to tell you a big thank you for recommendation on gel pads for walker handles!!! Thank you! They helped immensely! I’m definitely building up muscles in my upper body! ❤️
 
Hi @wendys
Thanks for the update! It sounds like you're doing well.
It's nice to read you enjoyed company for a week. I'm sure you will have a better visit with your grandson next time you see him. It's something to look forward to.

I'm happy you've decided to trust your gut and not take the Fosamax. :yay:

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed, hopefully engaging with colleagues at work, being productive and useful
will feel fulfilling. Please take it slow. I'd hate to see you land in the ODIC.
Wishing you all the best tomorrow, let us know how it goes.
Hugs :console2:
 
Best of luck for back to work today.:fingersx:
Hard to get on track with the bad hip giving you grief.:sad:

Hope today is a good day. :flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear from you @wendys
Hope your first day back isn’t too hard. Hugs about the depression.
I can surely understand and empathize. It’s a rough road you’ve been on.
I will check in this week and hope you’re doing better each day. ❤️
 
Sending hugs for your first day back to work, hopefully it won't be too bad. Just try to ice and elevate when you get home.
 
Thank you!!! I worked 20 hrs this week and most of that was sitting in a very comfortable chair. Only real effort was getting to the bathroom and back....it’s a big office. 5 hrs each day was enough. My daughter came in for the week to drive me to and from work. I still haven’t driven anywhere yet.

I do my PT before and after work then pretty much nothing. I can do showers myself but my husband stays nearby in case I need anything. Thanking God for the help I’m receiving from my family. Depression feels to be lifting. One more week and I can see Dr Gross and see where I’m at! Even with pads my hands are blistered and my arms are very sore from using the walker. Love you all!!!
 
Hi @wendys

20 hours!! Very good report. Your family sounds wonderfully supportive. The hands and arms were the worst part for me. Soon it will be just a memory and they heal very quickly. Meanwhile, you can rock the great biceps you’ve built up this Fall!

Will check in next week. Fingers crossed that everything is mending up nicely and you earn a bit more freedom. Take care! xxxx
 
Hello :wave:
Twenty hours was pretty ambitious of you for the first week back to work, happy to read it went well! :yay:
Great news on the post op blues lifting. I'll bet you're loving the time with your daughter. It's wonderful she was able to come to visit and offer support. Wishing you comfort and all the best for your visit with the surgeon next week. Let us know how it goes.
A great weekend to you!
@wendys
 
Even with pads my hands are blistered and my arms are very sore from using the walker.
This is miserable.

I’ve only been using a cane with one arm and I have minor blisters on the palm. I did manage to get an incredibly hard and fit bicep on that arm. But that’s the only upside. I bet both of yours are rock hard at this point.
 
Back
Top Bottom