Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Hip Resurfacing 5 Weeks Pain<

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Reading your thread this morning and will keep you in my prayers @wendys So glad you went in early and are getting the surgery to get back on track. Please feel free to PM me. I had an emergency second surgery and may be able to help or at least can empathize with you.

I’m going to watch your thread and will be thinking of you all day and your recovery. Healing thoughts:prayer:

Last edited:

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
@wendys I can't imagine receiving such news. So glad they are getting you in quickly and pray the surgery and impending recovery go well. Everyone here is behind you with the utmost support and will be thinking of you throughout the day. Best healing wishes to you. :praying:

OP
OP
wendys

wendys

Country
Surgery went well but they didn’t get me in until late in day (was starving and thirsty).

Surgery took two hours. I am in a private room and getting good care. PT came in to discuss with me what I can and cannot do. Basically won’t be doing much at all for several weeks. Dr said I could go home today but I don’t feel ready so I elected to stay another night. He said whatever I want to do is fine. I’m just unsteady and don’t trust myself. I can only put 10% weight on my surgery leg for six weeks but will remain on a walker or crutches for months. Left hip resurfacing going to be postponed until December.

My pain today is surgical pain not my hip...more like muscles and tendon type pain.

THANK YOU FOR PRAYERS AND CONCERN!!!

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
@wendys So happy to hear that you're all done and it sounds like they're taking excellent care of you. I like the idea that you opted to stay another night too, always better to be on the safe side after major surgery. Be sure to get plenty of rest and let them know if you want pain meds, ice, etc. You must be relieved to have that horrible pain gone. We're all here whenever you drop in! :flwrysmile:

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Sending prayers and healing your way today @wendys Hoping you got some sleep and that your pain continues to be manageable. xx ❤:prayer:

OP
OP
wendys

wendys

Country
My hip fracture surgery went well. I have a great deal of pain today. It’s going to be a slow road to recovery. 4-6 weeks out of work and only able to put 10% of my body weight on the surgical leg. My quad is so swollen and tight. My incision is now 12” long.

Going4fun

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@wendys, great to hear you got through surgery ... sorry for the swelling. So Dr. Gross felt good about the result?

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
cougar
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom