bml
new member
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2020
- Messages
- 5
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
A few of the hip resurfacing surgeons don't prescribe PT after surgery out of concern that PT might be overly aggressive and end up doing harm. Resurfaces aren't common and can be confused with a THR. I think Dr. Gross is one of them. Dr. De Smet too.
My guess is that Dr. Gross thinks the risk of having someone poke and prod your injured hip exceeds any possible benefit from the PT.
Good luck!
My guess is that Dr. Gross thinks the risk of having someone poke and prod your injured hip exceeds any possible benefit from the PT.
Good luck!
Hey
Had my left hip resurfacing Monday 2/24/20



I had one for my first hip.. I mainly needed it during the wait for surgery. I was so sad when it expired..