4 Wks post cementless Left THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

That so funny LetDoThis! Really like the Ikea comparison. I am glad that your recovery is progressing. Don't feel obliged to speed things up. You have come a long way, what's a bit more time for healing and regaining your strength? Keep it up:thumb:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

I envisaged the surgeons, unpacking and checking they had all the bits and pieces... having to phone IKEA and ask for the missing part A1-09 to be sent over...
You may jest but it's happened. And the day the surgeons check the contents is the day I shall fall down in a faint! :swoon: Trust me, this is all done by their untiring backroom slaves - iow, nurses!

But I'm a bit confused by this as well because both are total hip systems. DeltaMotion is marketed by Finsbury Orthopaedics and broken link removed: https://www.pei.ie/PDFs-1-3/S-rom-design-Rationale.aspx by DePuy. :what:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

LDT, that was a funny analogy of the furniture assembly! I've often thought of orthopedic surgeons as "doctor mechanics" because of all the tools chests and parts cabinets I saw in the operating room.

Joan
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Love the Ikea analogy. :hysterical: I imagine if we knew all that went on, what music was played, what was talked about, during our surgeries, we'd be kinda blown away. I was told by an orthopedic nurse that my surgeon is a big loud heavy metal music in the OR guy. Glad I wasn't awake. :th_heehee:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

But I'm a bit confused by this as well because both are total hip systems. DeltaMotion is marketed by Finsbury Orthopaedics and broken link removed: https://www.pei.ie/PDFs-1-3/S-rom-design-Rationale.aspx by DePuy. :what:

Many Thanks Jo.

I remember the surgeon saying that they had used various "parts" because of the severe dysplasia and the previous osteotomies I'd had. He mentioned they had used a revision stem??:what: seemed to be saying that that was not the norm in a primary hip replacement??:what:

He also mentioned something about another part they used for the top of my femur to correct the angle?:what:

So I guess that they had mixed and matched the systems to get the best combination?

Perhaps maybe it would also explain their extra caution with the extended nwb??:what: though the letter refers to the nwb and says it was to protect the Delta Cup.

But I'm so thrilled with the outcome :yahoo: and so grateful that they could do this for me.
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Both systems come in a big array of options, a bit like hip replacement leggo! So there are revision stems and extra bit and bobs that can be added on for displacements and odd angles. That's why they call it a 'system' and not just a hip!
 
:hysterical: Maybe the future will bring a BoneSmart theme park like LegoLand, but with various structures made out of the hip and knee parts!!! Oh.....this gives me an idea for a fun thread.....meet me in the Social Forum!!!
 
I've known a number of hip surgeons who had a metal on metal hip on their front door as a door knocker!

[Bonesmart.org] 4 Wks post cementless Left THR
 
Or that old ballad...."Hip" To My Lou.....

Hip, hip...hip to my Lou
Hip, hip...hip to my Lou
Hip, hip...hip to my Lou
Hip to my Lou my Darlin'.....
 
Trust me, Lisa - this is tame stuff compared to what went on in the Spring of 08! Wouldn't you say, Jamie?
 
Oh my, yes!!! Of course, we WERE under the influence of very strong drugs at the time!

Besides, if you can't have a little BoneSmartie fun, life isn't nearly so interesting!!! So, don't worry Lisa....we can pop back into sanity pretty quickly...:th_heehee:
 
I wouldn't want it any other way.........I look forward to logging in. You never know what you might find
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom