4 Wks post cementless Left THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm so very pleased your return to work has gone well! Very pleased indeed.

As for the pillow, I'd stick with it for another couple of months. As you can see in this chart, the deep tissues around the hip can take up to 4 months to heal so best to err on the side of caution.

[Bonesmart.org] 4 Wks post cementless Left THR
 
Many thanks Jo, I'll take your advice and stick with it for longer. I'm back to the hospital for a follow up appt on 10th August, so I'll at least wait until then.

Cheers:thumb:
 
What a success story LDT. Who would have thought of that after your early recovery? I am very happy for your new hip, job, energy and just your whole outlook on life. Congratulations.
 
I'm so pleased to read that you are still doing well after your return to work LDT.
And being able to turn down the dream job with the assurity that it wasn't for you...I'm sure that many of us here would love to have that feeling.

Glad you asked the question about the pillow when you sleep on the non-operated side. I was wondering that myself, but forgot to ask it.
Thanks.:thumb:

And you are doing great LDT! :yay:
 
Well hello everyone!

I trust the Indian Summer in the Uk is making everyone feel just great!

Thought I'd pop back with a 6 1/2 month update!

What can I say....it's just bloomin marvellous!!!:yes 4::yay::yahoo:

Since I last posted I've just got stronger and stronger, my muscles have become less and less tight and my increased range of movement continues to surprise and delight me!!

I've had numeours long enjoyable days out with family and friends, walking for miles without having to say "Oooh can we stop now?, can we sit for a bit? can we go home now??" !!!

NO hip pain repercussions the next day and no back ache and able to get up the next day and just feel perhaps a little tired.

Still totally blown away that I no longer have a limp....that is such a massive change and psychological benefit for me after 30+ yrs living with it.

I started a course of hydrotherapy a couple of weeks ago. (it took along while for the referral to get through!) But it has been really good to have it at this stage. It's making me aware that I'm still not 100% yet...still a bit to go until all the muscles, ligaments, etc etc around my hip have settled down.

I was thinking back through the recovery and how sometimes, I didn't ever feel I would move on from whatever stage I was at....but have to say, I can really see the changes now.

One very small example... Going to see Jersey Boys in London tomorrow evening with my Husband(:yahoo:really looking forward to it). I knew which dress i wanted to wear but my "sensible shoes" that I have been so grateful for over these past few months just wouldnt work.... so today I bought a lovely new pair with heels!!! Very stylish and I can walk in them!!!:biggrin::yahoo:

Just a very small example of my progress and improvement...at one stage couldnt imagine that I'd be in anything other than flats for the rest of my life.!!

Anyway... it's a beautiful evening, life is great so I'll sign off with wishing everyone a great weekend.

xx:thumb::cheers_wine::cheers_wine:
 
That sounds good and very encouraging. :thumb:

I'm just over 2 weeks out and, although I'm moving around OK without crutches, I'm still hurting a bit and wondering if it will all be worthwhile.

Posts like this make me realise the answer has to be YES.

Thanks.
 
Great to hear Let's Do This! Another wonderful success story. Thanks for coming back to share this with us. Keep up the good work :yay:!

Roger, you too will get there. I can't stress enough though the need for better pain management. It will make it much easier for yourself, believe me!
 
Fab report LDT! Have a wonderful weekend!
 
Hello again to everyone.

Just wanting to check something out with you all.

Since Saturday I've had RIGHT HIP pain!!!!:what: I've never ever had pain in my right hip.. ever.

It was sudden onset, I didn't injure it, I just woke up with it when I rolled onto my right side.

It doesn't hurt at rest but I'm aware it feels tight.

But it's really stiff if I've been still for a while. Definitely worse when walking on it. The pain feels like it is on the outer side of my hip, and it's around the area of the trochanter.

Anyone else get this sort of thing or similar in the good hip 8 months post op?
 
Hi LDT! Nice to see you back on the forum but sorry it's due to pain! Is the pain as described in this thread - Trochanteric Bursitis with THR ? Jo always advises this is fairly common and easily treated.

Please let us know how you get on. <!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->
 
A year ago I had my THR. (Saturday 12th March 2011)
This weekend, last year , at this time.. I was high as a kite on the Morphine pump! Totally oblivious to what was to come over the next couple of months.!!!!!

And a year on...................It's so much more fabulous than I ever dreamed possible.

Cannot being to explain what it has done for me and I look back at the times when I wished the recovery was faster....but believe you me, it just takes as long as it takes but you'll never regret it!
To all new post op people.........give it time...look after your new hip...allow yourself a good amount of time for full recovery and then some.

I'll never forget the help and support I got here at:dancy: Bonesmart and just wanted to report that I'm doing fine now! :yes 4::yay::dancy::yahoo::yay::yahoo:
 
LDT,

Glad to hear how happy you are and thank you for coming back to encourage us.

Keep up the great work!

Z
 
Well, LDT, how great to hear from you! I'm so pleased to know you are doing well, and even more delighted that we were able to help you.
 
How wonderful to hear from you and to know you're doing well. I just love it when our BoneSmarties come back for a visit!!! So tell us what you're doing these days that you might not have thought would be possible a year ago???
 
LDT - ive just read your thread and your last post

Thank somuch for coming back with this update - im NWB too (week 5 today) and its been getting me down too.... im going for my check up this afternoon and your year on post has just filled me with hope

Thanks, Karen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom