Guest viewing is limited

4 Wks post cementless Left THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Gp phoned back and has arranged for me to go and have a blood test at 2 oclock this afternoon at the hospital.

He didn't sound particularly worried but said check it out as a precaution and that we'd all feel much better if we rule a blood clot out.

At least I'll be semi fast tracked, hopefully wont be having to wait around too long at the hospital.
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Hoping all is well for you!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

All's well :yay:

Not a DVT!!, just have sprained/strained a muscle in my calf.
Nothing at all to worry about.

The Dr was very helpful, told me to google a Wells test if I get concerned again as this is what she did to assess me.

Well worth putting my mind at rest though and they didn't mind that I'd gone to get it checked out.

I tell you what though.. this was/is a really painful thing! And I still don't know how or what I did to strain it.:scratch:

But at least I can just get on with the pain of it and not worry about it stretching through it.

Many Thanks again for all the support and advice this morning.
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Well that's great news! Now you know you need to rest. Ice or heat the area - whatever works best. Increase your pain meds to the maximum allowed as well. You will get through this!

So glad you are OK!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

I'm glad it was nothing too serious. I do agree that it was best to know that for sure, though!!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Peace of mind is huge. Glad you got it. :)

Sharon
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

The Dr told me to google a Wells test
:hysterical: That's got to be a great one! Doctors suggesting people use Google to get a diagnosis!

However, all joking aside, it looks like a great screening tool. I shall add this to the thread in the Library.

broken link removed: https://www.qxmd.com/calculate-online/hematology/wells-dvt-deep-vein-thrombosis
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

:rolleyespink: yes I have to admit I was a little taken aback when she said it, but it did make sense because she explained all the elements to me, especially interesting about the collateral veins that they take more blood flow if a main vein is blocked. That made sense to me.

I did google before I went to the Dr and I hadn't come across anything as specific as the sites you've found. NHS Direct website wasn't detailed at all.

I think I'd still go to a Dr if the same kind of thing happens in similar circumstances to me ever in the future but the calculator on site 1 is really helpful to remember what to look out for.

As for my calf, still a bit tight/sore but not nearly as bad, ice really helped!

Many thanks Jo
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Today I am bored bored bored BORRRRRRREEDD of not being able to walk yet:hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling: sorry, just having a sound off today...

...I'll feel better after this rant :th_heehee:. My husband has started decorating our lounge and I am just so desperate to get up and help him... but I think he probably prefers that I can't:th_heehee::th_heehee:

I feel so ready to put weight on it and it is only one week today til I go back to find out if I can. So just have to find a little more patience and take it in my stride so to speak!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

[Bonesmart.org] 4 Wks post cementless Left THR


:th_heehee:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

You bored, me exhausted. Never a happy medium is there? A few days out and my husband was decorating the hall, landing and stairs. I was soooooooooooo glad not being able to help with that one - you should have seen the arrangement of ladders and planks - very scary! Glad to hear you are just sprained/strained, that's an easy one in normal circumstances, but I sympathise with your desire to be up and moving. Take it easy and enjoy the enforced rest. Life in the fast lane catches up soon enough. Today I just want to pull onto the hard shoulder! :sleep:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Glad it was just a strain and that the ice is helping so much. I feel neither bored nor exhausted today! :yes 4: What a concept! Energy better, able to sit at my desk, feeling sort of like a regular person. Hooray!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Week 7 update

Bbbbboooooorrrrrrreeeeddddddd!!!!

'nuff said!!!!

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Feeling very, very fine, no aches, no pains, no strains, no twinges, no worries ,no concerns....... just ..waiting!.. waiting for 11 oclock on Wednesday 4th May.!!!! :biggrin:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Not long now!
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

I just realised there is a good omen for tomorrow for me... it is Star Wars Day!!!!:

"May the 4th" (be with you!) :snork:

Cue music... " Der der der de... der der de... der der dede derrr de de de!!

This is what I have been reduced to... repeating sad old jokes to keep myself amused and to while away the hours :th_heehee:

Funniest comment I have heard during this journey...

I overhead the OT telling another patient in all seriousness about using a grabber.. and then she said " and the good thing is you can always hang your grabber from your crutch!" :hysterical: :hysterical:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Hang in there Let'sDoThis. You have come a long way. I believe I will have the same recovery as you, uncemented no weightbearing etc.
Booooooooooooooooring. But time will pass, and you'll be fit again soon.:thumb:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

:yahoo::yahoo::yes 4::yes 4::happy dance::happy dance::egypt-dance::egypt-dance:

Yep! got the go ahead to start weight bearing.

And no worries, I will be taking it slow..my leg was verrrry wobbly when I put full weight on it this afternoon.... give it a few days I think! But really chuffed that all has gone to plan. Going to write more later about what i found out today about my operation and implant but for now am having a celebratory drink!!:cheers_wine::cocktail_martini::cocktail_martini:
 
Re: 4 Wks post cementless Left THR - sorry it's long!

Woo-hoo, LetsDoThis!! What a great feeling it must be for you! You deserve the celebration drink!!

Joan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom