THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...
I am really so, so sorry that you are feeling sooooooo bad! It is very early days, and as hard as it is to believe at this moment, it will get better. The first couple of weeks are usually the hardest; and if you're alone, it's a bit harder than having someone around to give you a real hug.

[Bonesmart.org] 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...
And you will, too! Hang in there. We care.
 
I am so sorry you are having to go through this physically alone! This forum has been a wonderful emotional support for me when I've had a rough time that my sweet hubby couldn't understand, so I hope you'll let us all be here for you too. It's not the same as a real hug and holding, but I hope it helps some!
 
and now, 24 hours after taking the oxy, I am feeling nauseous again, when I hadn't for several hours. I just want to go to sleep. I just want all of this to be gone. Feeling very discouraged and very physically alone, wondering why this is my journey and wishing someone could physically be here and hold me and tell me that it will all be all right...

Oh CatPrincess, consider yourself hugged by hundreds of BoneSmart members from all around the world :console2: :friends:

It will improve, it just takes time.. Do hope the nausea clears soon and hopefully you are getting some well earned rest :sleep: :zzz:
 
CatPrincess.....getting "the blues" can be part of the recovery process, so don't let its appearance in your life right now knock you off kilter. We're here for you, hon.....you can talk to us any time!!!

Did you read those links I provided for you? One of them talks about getting depressed. It can result from pain. Remember, pain comes in many forum following surgery. It's not like "injury" pain always. It can be a dull ache, stiffness, discomfort, and.....depression. This is yet another reason to be on a schedule of adequate pain medication.

It may help you to keep a written schedule of what you take when. I had a pad right by my bedside that had the dose and time for every bit of hydrocodone I took. It was the only way I could keep track. I also kept a small tupperware container with small brownie squares to take with the pills so my stomach wouldn't get upset and I would feel pampered. A gooey, ready-mix brownie can taste pretty good when you're feeling bad.

It's okay to go back to a Tylenol schedule for a bit. But don't be surprised if it doesn't get the job done for you. It's okay if you need to go back to one of the prescription pain meds again for a while. Remember, it's only temporary!!! Start with the minimum dose on a schedule and stay with that for at least several dosages before you jump up like you did before. That will probably help you feel like you're more in control of how you're feeling.
 
CP - sending you healing ((((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))) and hoping things are easing for you. Hang in there!
 
Thanks everyone. Feeling better. Got the kitties to sleep in, which gave me better rest. Both pt and nurse were here. Nurse confirmed what I knew, that I had overdone the oxy. Able to keep food and coffee down; looking forward to my first shower today. Learning a lot in this journey. Once coffee fully kicks in, will feel more normal. Just hanging with the furbabies. Confirming what will b one of the hardest parts of this journey for me- staying still and resting. I like many am a doer, and it's hard to stay still for long periods, mentally and emotionally. Now that I in a better state of mind I can remind myself that I am early in this, it's not a sprint. Maybe it would b a good day for meditation. Center myself.
 
I am so happy to hear that! Agree that achieving a zenlike state is really helpful. Patience grasshopper....
 
[Bonesmart.org] 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...
Cat Princess, I am sending this Zen Cat to help you with your meditations. Use your furbabies as examples of how to stretch, rest, and relax.​
 
Hey lady, glad you are doing better. The blues it us all. We all love ya. Hugs coming at ya.
 
So glad things are looking up CP! Just remember - it's only temporary. You will be back to doing everything very soon. Cuddles to your feline friends!
 
Glad you and the furbabies are relaxing, we have missed the snow in Boston of late, but maybe a couple of inches this weekend, good time to settle in with the kittes and a book
 
First post op shower!

Ahhhh...feel so much better.
Was actually able to stand a bit under the shower head (don't have one of those hand helds), rinse off, and most importantly get my hair clean. First hair wash since the color. I had the shower bench right behind me, so, no, I didn't go crazy. Thinking a shower chair, given my pretty ok balance, would have been better to keep water off the floor, but oh well...

Given that only 2 days ago I was on the sofa dying of nausea, I feel good. Took 2 naps today...learning a lot about this post op experience, that no matter how decent and long sleep one gets at night, naps are essential, because the body is requiring so much more energy to heal. That, and more food too. Not crazy over the top gorging, but more small meals as one is able to. Giving my body what it needs.

Now on to some journaling, reading...am done with movies for a bit. Now for some reflecting time... :kittykiss:
 
Fantastic CP, that first shower and shampoo is heavenly.. Makes a girl feel more normal.

Naps are good, get them when and wherever.. I spent the first 6 weeks nodding off, often in the middle of a conversation with hubby lol

Glad you are feeling better :)
 
I think I was probably the biggest baby on here for the first week or so. The blues hit me so unexpectedly and then everything seemed so negative. BUT...all of a sudden things seemed to start getting a little easier and positive thinking returned. Be patient, rest, elevate, ice, medicate, and do any simple exercises that they gave you to do. You will be so much better soon. A week and sometimes even just a day can make such a difference at this point. Hang in there and be patient...sleep when you can. We are all here for you! Deb
 
So glad things are better for you CP! You are so right - recovery is a learning process. Keep up the great work!
 
CatPrincess, sorry I'm just catching up with your thread. Ugh nothing worse than nausea to keep you from doing what you need to do to commence healing. Remember to take those pain meds with either goldfish or Haagen Daas (depending on your mood - sweet or savory!). Glad you're feeling better. Isn't the hair washing and shower the best! I remember throwing a little hissy fit about day 5 cause hubby wasn't comfortable yet with the new bathing routine. He just didn't get it... Enjoy your weekend cuddling up with the kitties and resting comfortably.
 
Back on the pain rollercoaster...

I've been reading a lot about folks having a literal pain in the butt and groin, and it seems (hopefully!) to answer my questions about what's been going on with me for the past 12 hours. i seem to be having a similar kind of pain (9 days out). I wonder if it's the same. More of just a dull ongoing pain. I suspect that maybe I just overdid things a little bit and the piriformis is not happy? The nurse comes again tomorrow; I'll mention it to him then. After my earlier episode this week with pain meds, I am a little leery, so I am sticking to tylenol. 1000 mg at 6:30 this morning; 1000 at 10:30am (just a few minutes ago). Figure to just grab some ice, medicate, elevate, listen to church sermons, and watch folks with snowblowers after about 7" came through yesterday.
 
Your plan seems right on CP. Ice has been my biggest friend the past few weeks. Glad you are feeling better and that first shower is fantastic. Keep us updated and Happy New Year to you!
 
here's another pain...interesting location. Right butt cheek, right hand side. When I sit down, it feels as if I am sitting on something, something is sticking out (that feeling causes concern).
Anyone?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom