Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

@Rubyroo Hope that made sense, if not just let me know xx
 
How are you doing today?
Thanks for asking :roseshwr:I'm actually doing ok, my husband thinks I'm more advanced than on my previous surgery, he notices the different more so, than I, for a start, I'm walking better with the crutches and my mood less cranky. I thinks it's also having the knowledge of knowing of whats going on, during the first replacement every little thing worried me and my emotions were all over the place. Now I know that my frequent trips to the bathroom are most likely side effects from the epidural, I'm more relaxed, in a way I'm looking at it now as part of my daily exercises:heehee: I'm fortunate I'm a positive person and I bounce back easily if I feel down, also this time round we are a fun bunch of people healing right now so I find it fun to be on BoneSmart, infact better than any day time TV.
Hope you are having a good day too xxx
 
@SaraK I wasn't sure what Rubyoo meant now I know - ( I'm suffering from Tramadol Brain :nah: :unsure: )
 
Last edited:
@Sara61 Glad you've learned well and are having an easier time of it all.
 
@Rubyroo - If you hold your finger on the Like symbol, other options come up (similar to Facebook if you use that)
Of if you're using a laptop like me, hold your mouse/cursor over the "Like" and a bunch of choices will come up that you can click on.
 
Ouch Ouch Ouch :cry:I just cannot get a comfy position today, paying the price for having enjoyed yesterday, sometimes this really sucks :sigh:
 
Anyone any idea what I can put on the bruising other than ice, or should I just leave well alone, my skin is so sensitive to touch, I have to shake my sheets several times a day as the weeniest crumb is like sitting on broken glass ( reminds me of the story of the Princess & the pea)
The compression stocking are not helping my skin feels suffocated in them, the knee isn't too bad at the moment it's my right buttock, thigh & shin, although the black & blue hasn't fully surfaced, you can see it forming. I didn't have this with my previous replacement.
 
I had a huge bruise on my shin, easily 8 to 10 inches. It was visible from a distance. The visible bruise eventually went away but during a massage this week, I noticed it was more sensitive and my PT said it felt tight. I was like well there may still be a deep bruise there.
 
@SaraK Thanks for the tip about the symbols. I don’t have Facebook- so that is helpful to know. My bruises are really starting to show up too Sara61. Poor lil boo boo leg :thud: . Glad to hear you feel it is going more smoothly this time around. Sara61 are you only using Tramadol & Tylenol this time? So far...that is what I’ve been doing.
 
@Rubyroo Yes just using Tramadol & Paracetamol (tylenol) every 8 hours.


Yikes yesterday evening I completely messed up my routine, instead of taking a Paracetamol I reached for a Tramadol and just after swallowing it, I realised my mistake :flabber: as I had taken a Tramadol 4 hours earlier and it should be a 8 hour interval, At midnight which was the time for my Tramadol- I didn't take anything. Fortunately I managed to sleep until now 04:53am and I've started normal routine again, pain level not too bad.
Won't be doing that again in a hurry :umm:
Feeling better again today - Yesterday one of those iffy days, It was cold outside and my husband forgot to light the fire before going to work so the kitchen & lounge were freezing so I spent most of the day under the duvet in the bedroom.

My MIL arrived safely last night, she hadn't been in the house for an hour when she started planning her meals for the next week, told my husband she wanted fish today, he had purchased meat, so I left them to it. He looked slightly frazzled by the time she went to bed :heehee: sometimes these replacements work in our favour.... ( Bless her she is 84 years old she has lived independently for nearly 30 years her husband died when he was just 58 so she is quite set in her ways).
 
Anyone else experiencing a dry mouth, I've noticed that it is a very common side effect of Tramadol, so for me it's a vicious cycle, to combat a dry mouth one must drink loads of water....the epidural left me with a pee incontinence so either I pee loads & spend my day/night hobbling to and from the bathroom or suffer a dry mouth :sigh: GEE
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom