Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

@Jaycey I'm boldly consoling myself with a large box of Heroes, a gift from Gabriella, as I'm apparently not allowed alcohol with these pills, so chocolate is my thing.
Last night, I drank juice at dinner, whilst the rest of them (6 people) managed to finish 7 bottles of local wine, plus brandies etc etc, I eventually left them to it, as knee was fed up and they were all getting slight tiddily.
The only plus is that I've lost about 5 kilos ( chocolate won't help ...) but a girl needs some treats in life :heehee:
 
Oh man, that's really tough - when everyone is celebrating and you are not able to share! What medication did they give you?
 
@Jaycey - I have been given Randutil 60mg and Tramadol aurovitas 50mg plus Paracetamol 1000mg.

Not sure about the Tramadol 50mg as the Skudexa seems stronger as its 75mg Tramadol and 25mg dexketoprofen.

The Randutil is a anti-inflamatory and I'm to take it twice a day so took it at 8:30am. The Tramadol likewise twice a day so am taking it at 12 noon and then will take a Paracetamol at about 4pm ( 3 x daily )

Also feeling a bit lonely as this morning they have all gone off on a 6 hour hike up the mountains to see the 7 waterfalls, just myself & MIL here in the house, - I'm being silly really as to be honest I've seen these waterfalls before and the hike is extremely difficult so if I was able with two good knees I probably wouldn't go anyway lol.
 
I‘m guessing it’s more the sadness of missing out on the company, than seeing the waterfall. Even though MIL’s can be a pain sometimes, (or all the time :heehee:) it’s probably good yours is there since you’ve had those buckling incidents. I’d hate to think of you falling while there alone, Sara. Come and visit here when you’re feeling lonely…we’ll gladly keep you company. :)
@Sara61
 
@Sara61 If you did have 2 good knees- why do you say you probably wouldn’t go on the hike to see the waterfalls again?
 
Wow, a 6 hour hike! Be thankful you weren't encouraged to try it. Taking a month or more off should give your knee time to settle down. If it doesn't, then you will know something is probably definitely 'off'.
 
@Rubyroo it's heck of one up the mountain hike going thru bramble and climbing over rocks not for the faint hearted, I enjoy walking but....
@Layla wish I too were closer, I feel that we would be good friends, maybe one day we will all get to meet xxx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2nd knee, 2nd recovery
    IMG-20211016-WA0046_copy_547x729.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 133
Hopefully you can take advantage of the peace and quiet and lie on a lounge chair on your balcony and look at that beautiful view! Keep the chocolate close by! :) :-) (:
 
As its been a hectic last few days, today I decided that I wanted a day out with my daughter, her partner and my husband, so we left earlier to take them to the airport, stopping for lunch on the way and then took them sightseeing in Braga, we drove to Bom Jesus where there is this magnificent cathedral high up above the city with panoramic views, we stopped briefly so they could view the cathedral and take in the wonderful sights of the city.
As I am now very well medicated, my leg seems to behaving better, I'm not yet able to bend or straighten naturally but at least there is very little pain, which enables me to at least move around, after dropping them off at the airport ,& once home, I've been icing & elevating, hopefully I won't pay a huge price for todays activities but certainly worth it if I do.
I aim to rest, ice & medicate for the duration of our stay and hopefully I can beat this.
 
@Sara61. I bet your daughter loved that! Glad you have some good pain control. Did the Dr feel that the Bakers Cyst will resolve on its own? I know they can.
Will be praying that the icing, elevating and rest will do wonders for your knee!
 
I agree with @Susie-Q ... enjoy that view... and you have most likely lost some weight with your body working on healing.... so, enjoy those chocolates, with no guilt!
Oops, I just now see that I never posted this, I typed it yesterday. I’m so glad to hear that you are doing so much better, & that you had a nice day today. And you have the right medication to deal with the pain. Do take care, & try to get plenty of rest & healing in the next few days. It’s just so good to see that you are doing much better.
 
@Sara61 :hi:
I'm just catching up with your thread and I'm sorry to see you have had ongoing struggles:console2:

Hope this week brings lots of improvement, my friend.:SUNsmile:
 
@Sks1997 I'm not sure, hoping so. Also hoping it's the bakers cyst that is causing the popping /clicking and once it reduces then then bend will bend without that obstacle ( if that makes any sense at all ) I'm still unable to bend the knee on its own (ie lying in bed with it straight...then wanting to heel slide my knee to a bend, it goes a few inches then no further its almost as if the muscles are blocked) I'm hoping with time & patience this will resolve too, as 4 weeks ago I had no trouble at all.

@Catalien45 :rotfl: I can totally relate, occasionally it's days before, I find my half written messages then I have to read the following messages to update my posts xx

@Mojo333 Thanks my friend, working on it, slow but getting there xx

Chocolates are so GOOD

:loveshwr:
 
Chocolate does make things better.:friends:
Dark chocolate is really a thing, thankfully....

People who eat dark chocolate report that they felt less stressed, and researchers confirm that after eating dark chocolate, there were reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
So.... All good.:roseshwr:
 
When my daughter used to get stressed at college I told her to go buy some dark chocolate, it really helps with endorphins! There's a real-life reason it was written into Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. After a scary Dementor attack, Harry was given chocolate to eat afterwards to help him feel better.....
 
Chocolate is a true wonder of the world! I have to be really careful with it because it is a “red-light” food for me! I am trying hard to keep the 55 lb off that I lost in 2019/2020.
i have started to also love the dark chocolate!
And many health benefits with dark chocolate!
 
Unfortunately the only dark chocolate I like is with mint, namely "After Eight " I'm a fan of Milk chocolate, the Belgium brand Cote D'Or, or Galaxy from the UK.
Not great for ones waistband, but as I've been alcohol free since late November, this girl needs some naughty pleasures in life :snork:
 
Yesterdays was 2 months post surgery, and it's been a few days since my visit to the emergency department at Braga hospital. I have been good to myself, the knee has progressed but nothing significantly, I'm now able (albeit very slowly) to sit down without extending my leg out front (higher chairs only) for me, to sit comfortably I have to pass that click - this tells me that something is out of place, (even my husband felt it) hoping it's the bakers cyst, as nothing showed on the X-ray.
I'm able to lift my knee onto the bed without using my other leg gor assistance.
I'm still not able to bend when walking and now seem to walk very oddly as if I'm lifting myself up on one side as I go, for example if there is a door join on the floor, to get passed it, I raise my left side, instead of bending my right knee, I'm conscious of doing this, & I must get out of this habit, hoping as the right knee gets stronger this will disappear.
I'm trying to keep positive, although officially I'm at the 2 months, in reality it's more like 2/3 weeks post op, strangely once I've bent the knee, after passing the click, I can achieve a good ROM but cannot do this using my muscles, I still need to use both hands.
I still cannot straighten the knee whilst lying down if it is bent, then I need to use both hands to push it down and vice versa, I now tend to sleep with it slightly bent on a pillow on my side.
Hoping all this will right itself once it gets stronger, we are still on vacation, we will depart on Sunday and head home, just as the weather changes, lots of rain forecasted here next week, we've been fortunate that it's been warm & sunny our whole stay.
On Monday I have my 6th month's appointment with my physiatry doctor (I have ongoing treatment for BEB) at Faro Hospital, so hoping she can internally at the hospital, get a 2nd opinion for my knee with the hospital's surgeon.:prayer:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom