Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

Your knee definitely looks like it's not happy. :nah:I will be very curious to see those X-rays too. Hang in there. :console2:
 
When it rains it pours, on descending the stairs, one by one, newly operated knee first....suddenly my knee buckles completely, fortunately I didn't fall as had the hand rail to hold onto.
Scared the living day lights out of me thou :flabber: now I cannot bend the knee at all, I tried sitting down, this ended with me in tears until I felt it click, the pain level is indescribable, currently lying with it straight on the bed as I cannot face bending it again.

My daughter arrived and commented- was I not over exaggerating a bit, this hasn't helped, I don't want to be a nuisance and ruin their stay but I'm not sure how long I can ignore this problem and carry on with this pain - right now wishing I was closer to home :boohoo:where I know where to get help.

They have all gone for a hike and I'm feeling sorry for myself home alone:cry: scared to death that something is dreadfully wrong as I know this isn't normal.

Sorry for the vent, but only you guys seem to understand what I am experiencing, my husband although he see's my pain it seems that he is ignoring it, his priorities are his holiday and his walks & I don't want to put this extra burden on any of them.
 
Oh @Sara61 , It really does sound like something is not right. You have quite a bit of time before you are going home. Is there anywhere you could go to get this checked? Would a brace help to keep things in place? Wish you were closer - I'd be in my car to fetch you myself!
 
I’m so sorry, Sarah. I don’t understand how people can see your pain and not have compassion for you and concern for its cause. When do you go home?
 
I spoke to a doctor and basically the only way of knowing what (if) anything is wrong is by X-Ray, and he suggests I go to the local A&E as soon as possible.
As the nearest hospital is 45 minutes away we will go early tomorrow morning, my husband isn't happy about it, and I feel that I am interrupting his holiday as most likely we will spend a good part of the morning/day in A&E.

One feels so helpless in these situations, if only I could jump in the car and not bother anyone it would be a blessing, but unfortunately I cannot so on top of everything I feel guilty.

We are due to return home on the 13th, which is still 12 days away.

@Jaycey :roseshwr: Thank you. You are so sweet xx

@Jockette Unfortunately only on the 13th x
 
Oh honey! I know you must be feeling a million emotions! Wanting to be happy your daughter is there & you finally get to see her. Scared to death because you feel something must be wrong with your knee. Exhausted from the pain you’ve been experiencing for so long. Please don’t accept the guilt trip for interfering with someone’s holiday. You need love & support now. I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Please keep us posted as much as you can. We care & we understand my friend. Sending prayers, hugs, love, strength, courage & assertiveness. You deserve to be heard, helped, supported & treated with respect & compassion. :yes:
 
I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. :sad: I hope your husband can put himself in your shoes and be more empathetic with what you are going through. Good luck with getting to the hospital for the x-ray. We are all here for you, thinking of you and :praying::praying::praying:.
 
@Sara61 I hope your knee settles down and lets you enjoy your vacation. But, if not, then I hope the doctor can sort it out and come up with an easy fix. Try not to be concerned with interrupting your husband's time-that's part of marriage....you know.....in sickness and in health.... If things were reversed, you'd do the same for him.
 
@Sara61, so sorry to hear this! You definitely need to have your knee checked out as soon as possible.

Perhaps your daughter could drive you to the A&E? Tell her that you’d love the opportunity for a long chat while you’re driving and, perhaps, plan a stop for a special meal together while you’re out. I love one-on-one time with my (grown-up) daughter regardless of the situation so maybe this would work well for everyone.

I’m sending healing thoughts … hope you get an answer and feel better soon!
 
Well I think hubby needs to grow up and be a bit more compassionate. It's not as if this is a picnic for you! There will be other holidays and better times. But you are doing the right thing getting seen.

Could your daughter drive you and leave hubby to his hiking?

Take care and do let us know how it goes.
 
@Sara61 I am so sorry you are going thru this and it doesn’t help when husband/family isn’t supportive and compassionate. I have a husband just like that. Most of the time, I try not to even talk about my knee pain or problems to him!


Someone on here had the problem of their knee buckling. I can’t think who it was, I think it was one of the UK or Ireland members.

Is the A&E like an “urgent care center”? We have a lot of those here which keeps people from going to ER’s so much. Sure hoping
You can get there soon!

you will sure be in my prayers! Try not to feel guilty! Things happen on holidays/vacations just like any other day!
 
Now I'm doubly angry at your doctor. If it wasn't for the doctor, your husband might be a bit different but now that he thinks "it's your brain" ...

I hope you're able to get some relief soon. You're not alone, we understand even if your family does not ... yet (I have hope for them).
 
Last edited:
We may all need to come over and talk to your family. There’s no airplane emoji so I guess we’ll have to drive and then get a boat. :console2:
:hog:

:kayak:
 
Just pretend like we are all there holding your hands and giving you lots of hugs. Please don't hesitate to go and find out what's wrong. It certainly doesn't sound like a normal healing. You should know since you have already been through this once.
 
I’m so sorry, Sara, for all you are going through! I’m glad you did have the Dr advise you to get the X-ray right away. Hopefully that will reveal what is wrong, and possibly something that can give you relief from the pain. I just feel so bad that you aren’t getting more support from your family. This surgery, like any, I have to think, can have surprises along the way. I keep seeing, no two are alike, even for the same person. You have been through So very much.....I think @Rubyroo summed it up so well, also @hawk2go, and, well, others. I agree , and Certainly, you should not feel guilty. You didn’t ask for this, it just Happened, but unfortunately, you are suffering, whatever the cause. I’ll definitely be keeping you in my prayers. And, whoever sees you , that they find out what is wrong, and find a way to get you some relief. As so many others have said, we’re holding your hand, even though it may be virtual. Take care. ❤️
 
Thank you all so much for your kind words. :roseshwr: it's now almost 1am and sleep is far off even thou my body is mentally & physically tired, I'm unable to find a comfy position as knee has no flexibility whatsoever it is rigid, almost as if someone has put a steel post down the middle of it, and even thou I'm on full medication it isn't even scraping the surface of the pain.
Carlos ( my husband ) apologised, I think after talking to various medical friends he realises that this actually is quite serious, plus the fact he is now fully understanding the pain I am in, sometimes men choose out of fear to ignore the facts.

Tomorrow morning we are going to a hospital recommended by another surgeon ( from the Algarve ) close to Braga where they specialise in post surgery joint problems, at least here, hopefully with the results from their X- Ray we can finally get to the bottom of this, as I've gone in less than two months from a ROM of 132 to almost 0

It's been mentioned there is a possibility of soft tissue impingement, or patella clunk but who knows all I'm certain is that something is definitely wrong, currently the pain starts mid shin along the shin bone and goes up the outer side of the knee to almost the top of my thigh and the back of my knee hurts too, there doesn't appear to be any redness but the knee is warm & sensitive to touch, the pain is constant whilst lying /sitting down or at any attempt to bend it or shift a position.

I'm back to having to use my non operated leg to move/lift my operated leg exactly like day 1 of post surgery, the only difference is once I'm standing on my feet, I'm able to walk using 2 crutches and I have very little pain whilst on my feet.

It's a total mystery which I'm hoping by this time tomorrow, I will at least be able to sleep knowing why and how to remedy it.

Sending virtual hugs to you all, it means so much to me knowing that you all care :friends:
 
These men!! I wonder how many of us have said to ourselves, I wish he could feel what I feel just one day. It would make things so much easier if our caretakers had expierenced the same surgery and it's after affects. That goes for Dr's too. They just don't know.
 
@Starsfan22 i think it was in those first very painful weeks that I had a terrible meltdown and was crying and I yelled at my husband. I was in great pain and he was acting like i just needed to get on with my life. It didn’t go well, LOL! I am pretty sure that I cried every day for nearly two months and a lot of it had to do with his attitude. Pain sure does a number on us too!
 
Sending prayers that you get answers tomorrow and that your healing can begin.
 
Back
Top Bottom