Guest viewing is limited

PKR 2happy's Recovery<<'

I'm sorry. It's well documented that Drs discount women's pain routinely. I hope you can fight for your 2nd opinion.
 
Time for a second opinion. At this early stage, you don't have to accept a "you must learn to live with this" verdict.
 
I totally agree. It's time for a 2nd. opinion. Find someone who has no attachment to your current OS. He has the wrong attitude. You're too young to have to live with it!
 
Would your health insurance cover a revision specialist? My BFF had a TKR 2 years before me. She was still limping with a rom under 90 degrees a year later. When she returned to her OS he basically said the same thing as yours, except he added the fact that's she was getting older (52!). I begged her to get a second opinion, she went to an OS recommended by a colleague of mine. He looked at the knee, new x-rays and said something didn't look right, then sent her to a revsion specialist in his group. The specialist took one look at the knee and said the implant was too large for her bone. I'm not saying this is your problem, just that you might have to kiss a few frogs to find out what the problem is and the original OS usually cannot look at his own work to see a problem.

The revision dr she saw was the OS waiting for me at the hospital, did my infection surgery and subsequent care.
 
If you have x-rays or can get then sent to you or e-mailed Josephine can take a look at them.
 
Today was seen by Ortho. I am seen every 4 weeks. Long discussion regarding PKR and current status. X-rays normal. Ortho does not recommend scope as he strongly feels I have nerve damage. I am slowly responding to gabapentin and working on balancing exercise and pain. Workmen comp is sending me to see a new Ortho next week (as they want me to return to work today). My Ortho is going to advocate against returning to work as he feels it would be detrimental to me achieving any progress. So next week I will see what new doc has to say


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Seeing another ortho is good news. He may have a different diagnosis. Let us know what he says.
 
Glad you are getting new eyes on the issue. :thumb:
 
Thanks. This workmen comp doc is new doc from previous workmen comp doc I have seen in past. Of course their objective is to send me back to work but I am hoping he will either confirm nerve damage or make suggestions
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay ... UPDATE ... the IME (independent medical evaluation) with workmen comp doctor was a total waste of time. The adjustor did not send any current medical records for review. We met for approximately 15 minutes with this so called doctor. He was rushed and did not ask any questions relevant to current issues (that was red flag he did not have any current info). I attempted to give info but was interrupted and brushed off. He did exam... mentioned 'you are in pain'. I was asked to walk in exam room, which amounted to 5 steps! He noted 'you limp'. Yesterday my lawyer notified me that this doc said I could return to sedentary work! So I can work in pain and walk with limp and be drowsy from gabapentin. So I put my life at risk by driving 50-55 minutes one way to work ( I have only driven as a last resort but no more than 10-15 minutes). Today lawyer calls to ask if I am going to return to 'light duty', note the change from sedentary to light duty. I asked her if the IME doc had current records and read my Ortho recommendations. She informed 'he got today'!!! How can this so called doctor make recommendations without records ?? I told lawyer that I am following my doc recommendations and no I will not return to work until he releases me. She agreed.
Needless to say I am beyond angry


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry they're still giving you the run around. There's got to be some way you could see a revision dr for s second opinion.
 
The doctor's for Workman's Comp will always work for the company and be on their side. There's no way for them to be objective. I think you did the right thing by sticking to your guns and doing what your OS says. What a headache for you.
 
I have to get approval from workmen comp for second opinion and since they think I am okay to go back to work that won't happen.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The doctor's for Workman's Comp will always work for the company and be on their side. There's no way for them to be objective. I think you did the right thing by sticking to your guns and doing what your OS says. What a headache for you.

Yep major headache & they cut off my disability pay!! I refuse to give in like they want. This doc I saw was a nut job
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same as Bill, except I didn't realize there was a "workmans comp" attorney. You've hung in there quite a while, trying to work through this system.
 
I'm so sorry that you have had problems with the workers comp doctor. He is under a lot of pressure to get people back to work so the company can stop paying disability benefits. If you don't have your own lawyer, you definitely need one asap!
 
I was thinking the same as Bill, except I didn't realize there was a "workmans comp" attorney. You've hung in there quite a while, trying to work through this system.

Workmen comp has adjustor that dictates thru my attorney


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry that you have had problems with the workers comp doctor. He is under a lot of pressure to get people back to work so the company can stop paying disability benefits. If you don't have your own lawyer, you definitely need one asap!

Thanks I have had lawyer for 2 years who specializes in workmen comp. workmen comp docs are paid big bucks by insurance company. I have fought for over 2 years for all my care they refused to pay for but won. This last doc was the worse, they take oath to provide care but they don't care
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom