Guest viewing is limited

PKR 2happy's Recovery<<'

It sounds as if it's time for your lawyer to get more active on your behalf. What is he/she doing about the current situation?
 
Yes, I was wondering too. What does your lawyer say about the problem you still have with your knee?
 
It sounds as if it's time for your lawyer to get more active on your behalf. What is he/she doing about the current situation?

We now go to hearing, all my Ortho notes are clear my Ortho said returning to work would be detrimental to my progress.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was wondering too. What does your lawyer say about the problem you still have with your knee?

We go to hearing at the workmen comp commission. The workmen comp doc did say 'does your doccthink it's a neuroma?'
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Will the hearing mean you'll be able to see another OS?
 
I can't see them going against your doctor's assessment. Having to go through all this while trying to heal must be very difficult. You are doing a great job.
 
Will the hearing mean you'll be able to see another OS?

I wish but hearing is to fight the return to work by workmen comp doc and so I can my disability pay
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see them going against your doctor's assessment. Having to go through all this while trying to heal must be very difficult. You are doing a great job.

Thanks but the stress is causing me to be depressed. I want to workmen comp doc report, how could he me any recommendations without the current medical records
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In the end though I hope the lawyer fights your physical well being too. You can't work or enjoy life and a second opinion from a revision specialist could change all that.
 
In the end though I hope the lawyer fights your physical well being too. You can't work or enjoy life and a second opinion from a revision specialist could change all that.

Thanks so much for your support. We received the IME report today. I am flabbergasted [emoji44]. This doc has info in report that's is not factual, he put that I have been out of 2 1/2 years, not true it's been 10 months. He admits he had no reports since March. He said no further procedures should be done because each time I get worse ( this is something my Ortho has said). He said I can't floor nursing but can do sedentary nursing with restrictions: no steps unless going to and from work, 15 minute weight bearing limit, 10 lb weight lift limit, 20 lb push or pull. He says I am at MMI (maximum medical improvement) and that my prognosis guarded in this condition. I now wait for my Ortho to write his rebuttal and go to hearing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am still in waiting mode for workman comp (WC) hearing. Since WC doc said that I am at MMI they have cut off disability money and found out last week they will not cover my medical care related to knee injury. I am basically on my own, beside this hubby trying to figure out what to do. Lawyer keeps saying 'wait for hearing '
I can't work and now I am having pain in knee cap area that is a burning/tearing feel to it. What is this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Does this mean you can seek a 2nd opinion outside of WMC? I just wonder what a revision specialist outside of WMC would have to say.
 
@KarriB I have to go through my hubby insurance and they have no info on knee issues. I guess I am going to look into it now.
Is the knee cap pain issue related to PKR? I can't seem to catch a break. I am working on walking and getting more active but I always end up in more pain
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it is related. Have you ever put an x-ray up for Jo to look at? Start looking for orthos who are revision specialists on your husband's insurance.
 
I am nearing one year right PKR (11/21), I am no better off than before surgery. I have been waiting for workmen com hearing so I can get back to my Ortho ( workmen stopped all my follow up care on June), what was supposed to be 60 days will be 6 months with hearing 12/18. I continue to do PT on my own with daily walks and stretching/ flexion. I am only able to flex90-100, continue with nerve pain and walking with pain and have to concentrate on it walking with foot pigeon toed (which is less pain). I have no X-rays in my possession to post.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Is there a possibility of revising it to a full TKR yet?
 
Long story short... I won my Workman comp case, judged ruled that I can go back to my Ortho. I have a list of questions that I will be asking. Besides the ongoing knee pain and nerve pain I am concerned that right foot gets really cold/numb to the point where it’s painful. Why after 13 months is this happening? And another concern is I was told X-rays normal in June but my PKR feels worse now then June
Any advice???
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m happy to hear you won your case. Is your ortho a different one than did the surgery? Please be sure that whomever you see has experience with revisions.
 
Back
Top Bottom