2018 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

@dogchick It's almost time for you! Good luck with every thing and keep us posted on how you do. Thoughts and prayers!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July 2018 Apricot, InkedMarie (her second), laurarosee
03 July 2018 dogchick
05 July 2018 OsteOh-No
06 July2018 ghays60, Cassidy, Aditi (bilateral)
09 July 2018 Bull76!, iraprana
10 July 2018 newhips18, Gundo (bilateral), HSVhips
11 July 2018 Hipgal0719
16 July 2018 MobileMel
17 July 2018 Bchbum4evr
18 July 2018 Quiltmom
19 July 2018 bickypeg
23 July 2018 DuncanWA (his second), LuvDisney (her first)
24 July 2018 GooseLoom
26 July 2018 AZjimbo08, SurreyGirl, mich1973
31 July 2018 kiwi01

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, @InkedMarie, I hope it goes as well as your first - and that's inspiring in itself!!

I think that's an old list, because I'm not on it :bawl:

@Cassidy, scroll up this page and you will find yourself on the list. The most current page always has the most current list.

sparklers 13.jpg
@MobileMel, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

firecracker 43.jpg
@mich1973, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hey Fellow Sparklers!
My date is July 16th and I am wondering what everyone plans on doing to pass the time for the first weeks of recovery???

Hi, 31st July for my left hip replacement. Feeling excited about finally having my hip sorted and hopefully no more pain, however a little nervous about the op and recovery time. Great to have a forum like this with lots of info and others going through the same thing

sparklers 3.jpg
@kiwi01, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Just had my July 2nd hip surgery. Posterior total hip replacement.

Would like to be part of the July Sparklers. I started a thread.....somewhere. Not sure if posting storybthere or here. Still a bit muddled with meds but hoping to be clear-headed enough to post whole story soon.

Overall, excellent surgeon, excellent procedure, the hospital and Med management left much to be desired.

Looking forward to healing together.

july 57.jpg
@laurarosee, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. You do have a recovery thread titled "July Hipsters".

Wow, I did not realized there are so many young people under 60 getting hips. I am 55 and I am grateful there are options. I went to Europe with a bad hip and it was torture. Can't wait till I am better and not in pain. Good luck everybody. Mine is tomorrow, Boca Raton, Fl. with Dr. Wang

Wow! Tomorrow! Wishing you all the best! Be sure to create your recovery thread on the recovery side so you don't have to do it while on pain meds. I'll be looking for you over there tomorrow! :flwrysmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone - back from holiday and to full-time work and scheduled for the op 26th July - although this being the NHS anything could happen. Holiday was good if painful and averaged about 5 hours sleep. I did a lot of walking and swimming to try to strengthen up a bit more. Now getting a bit nervous. Well done to those on the other side and I will keep reading the posts!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks