BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2018 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Apr 4, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new hip joint (or both hips) in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July 2018 Apricot
    03 July 2018 dogchick
    05 July 2018 OsteOh-No
    09 July 2018 UTswimmer
    10 July 2018 newhips18, Gundo (bilateral)

3. dogchick

dogchick senior

Hello, I just scheduled my THR on my left hip for July 3rd. I hope I sparkle while recovering. Lol!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. bottomshollow

july sparklers 1.jpg @dogchick, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. UTswimmer

UTswimmer new member

July 9, 2018 Corin MiniHip will be installed by Stefan Kreuzer. I had a fracture and subsequent pins installed May 2007. Core Decompression done in Austin TX by Shelby Carter 2011. Made it 7 years before crying uncle due to constant pain from AVN Stage 3.

Cannot wait to have relief. Can anyone relay their 40 something install and what things can you no longer do/do with your new hip? I found one series of posts on here from a guy 3 years ago I think and he's disappeared so that gives me hope that he's not posting about issues and he's gotten on with his life. Anyone lift weights after surgery? Anyone able to do squats? Leg presses? I'm a swimmer and cyclist and I wonder if I will accelerate the revision date in the future by doing those two activities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bottomshollow

firecracker 14.jpg @UTswimmer, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

7. dogchick

dogchick senior

Welcome to the forum @UTswimmer And to the July sparklers! Finally, I'm not the only one in the July club. LOL! You might want to create your own thread on the normal threads in the Pre-op section, more people will see it. https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/hip-replacement-pre-op-area.4/ If you aren't sure how to, look above in @bottomshollow post for directions. Hope that's helpful!

8. newhips18

newhips18 new member

I am scheduled to have my left hip replaced on July 10th. I have to make my weight loss goal of 23 lbs by the week before -- have already lost 52 lbs since January! I will get there -- pain is my motivation!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

:welome: @newhips18
    Great job on your weight loss so far.
    Pain free life is our goal, so know that we are rooting for you !

• Like Like x 1
  10. bottomshollow

july 64.png @newhips18, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

11. dogchick

dogchick senior

Welcome to the Sparklers @newhips18 ! Congratulations on your weight loss. I am scheduled for July 3rd so I’ll be about a week ahead of you.

12. Apricot

Apricot senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now scheduled for the 2nd July.

13. dogchick

dogchick senior

@Apricot Welcome to the Sparklers! You and I can be recovery buddies across the pond, I am scheduled for the 3rd. :wave: I am also having my left hip replaced.

14. bottomshollow

sparklers 26.jpg @Apricot, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

15. Apricot

Apricot senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Let’s hope so. Still a possibility it will be put back further for medical reasons.

16. OsteOh-No

OsteOh-No new member

Getting a shiny new hip on July 5th. Having lived with an arthritic, nearly-fused joint as the norm my whole life... this is going to be weird.

17. bottomshollow

july 54.jpg @OsteOh-No, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. By the way, LOVE your user name---creative and amusing!

18. Gundo

Gundo new member

Hi - I'm scheduled for hopefully bi-lateral anterior approach total hip replacement on July 10. Doc said he would do one side first and if all went well he'd do the other side at the same time. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  19. bottomshollow

sparklers 3.jpg @Gundo, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

20. dogchick

dogchick senior

@Gundo Yes! Another “sparkler” to add to July. :welome: