2018 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July 2018 Apricot, InkedMarie (her second)
03 July 2018 dogchick
05 July 2018 OsteOh-No
06 July2018 ghays60
10 July 2018 newhips18, Gundo (bilateral), HSVhips
23 July 2018 DuncanWA (his second)
26 July 2018 AZjimbo08, SurreyGirl

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum and to the Sparklers @ghays60 ! I will be having my surgery on your wife’s 1 year anniversary. :) So I will be just 3 days ahead of you. :welome:

July 23rd for my 2nd - right THR. Symptoms not nearly as bad as my first BUT lots of referred pain. I COULD put it off as I'm not in agony, but the first replacement is lonely for something else metal to talk to.

Like everyone I've had 2nd thoughts about 1,000 times but today I went for a hike to prove to myself I'm ready or not. First hour had me thinking I'm cancelling first thing Monday morning but when I made the turn everything seized up just like every other time in the past 3 months. This may sound goofy, but I was THRILLED with the poor result since it allows me the peace to get fixed and get on with my life.

Not my first rodeo, so I'm completely prepared and know what to expect (assuming history repeats). I'll talk tough like that up until the eve of the procedure than be nervous like everyone else.

Best of luck to all us July-ers!

firecracker 43.jpg
@ghays60, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

firecracker 30.jpg
@DuncanWA, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Welcome to July Sparklers @DuncanWA I am having my first surgery LTHR on July 3rd. You made me laugh with the "lonely replacement looking for something else metal" :heehee: I know what you mean about having to prove to yourself you actually need it. I keep going back and forth myself. See you around on the forum. :)

july 42.jpg
HSVhips, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to all new Sparklers.

HSVhips looks like you, me and newhips18 will be recovery buddies.

firecracker 31.jpg
@AZjimbo08, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

ok, here we go. 26th July for me assuming the pre-op assessment is ok…and this is the UK NHS… Good luck everyone… I intend to privately blog the whole thing as I enjoy writing and also have 8 years worth of diaries re visits to a certain island to turn into a book so plenty to do…

A huge thank you to the BoneSmart people who have helped me get this far.. it has taken two years and a struggle but nearly there xx

sparklers 22.jpg
@SurreyGirl, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler1

THR LEFT Anterior 7/2/18

Hi July Sparklers,
I'm new to the forum (and to threads!) and so glad I found you as support is a big part of the healing process. Although I'm excited at the prospect of expanding my life after 10 years of contracting it, I'm appropriately nervous and a bit anxious. There's a lot of conflicting information out there - even between my surgeon, PCP and the hospital's Hip Surgery Class staff. Although I feel prepared, hopeful and emotionally ready, my body is telling me I'm quite stressed. Of course, that could be 10 years of increasing pain, decreasing mobility and sheer exhaustion. Warmly, Deborah

What are you looking forward to post-surgery (long-term recovery) that pain kept you from pre-surgery? Walking, wading through waves at the beach, Zumba, teaching yoga again, my red step-thru bicycle with the basket and bell, weightlifting, not flinching when I see a curb or a set of stairs with no railing, a comfortable night's sleep, mostly not thinking about moving through life, just bending, walking, crouching, stepping, striding, navigating turns, people, corners - without a thought, without panic, without pain.

I'll talk tough like that up until the eve of the procedure than be nervous like everyone else.story repeats).

DuncanWA, Welcome and I appreciate your honesty. I, too, am talking tough and telling everyone "I can't wait to be a cyborg!" Just got back from my pre-surgical appointment and got my walker/cane. Now it's real and my nerves are on edge - first rodeo.

I’m having my second THR, left, on July 2nd! My right one is 4yrs old, was done May 14, 2014

july 48.jpg
@InkedMarie, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcomeback to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

Dogchick: good luck to you! What kind of dogs do you have? We have three: brittany, pbgv & longhaired whippet (now known as windsprite)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back