2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Jaguar55, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Had my PKR yesterday. Almost changed my mind the night before as I had a panic attack. Dont recall anything between the epidural and the recovery room. The pain is there but the drugs have it more or less contained.Took a few steps today but clearly it will take some time to recover. Good luck to all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 2018 alexslda (bilateral), KTO
03 January 2018 rpreston (partial, his second)
05 January 2018 Buckbuck
08 January 2018 Shabana (partial), Pookims (her first), jeepster01 (bilateral), CdnCarol
09 January 2018 magee718 (bilateral), ShirleyMc (her second), LanaKay
10 January 2018 glasgowolf, bethsail
11 January 2018 ATHIKER
15 January 2018 GingerP (her second), Menelfloss, MSgirl (her second), amymj (her second), Jeneli57 (revision)
17 January 2018 jboles (her second)
22 January 2018 Beckadeez, saltyrose (her second), Hibiscus6
23 January 2018 kygirl65
25 January 2018 rbabycks
26 January 2018 robhunt3
29 January 2018 Cocolyman, SADD (bilateral), Agnes, Jaguar55
30 January 2018 dwill3 (his second)
 
Left TKR surgery January 2nd
 
Booked in for an 'Attune' TKR on my right knee for 26th Jan with Dr Paul Allen.

Bring it on...good luck all!:scare:

Also, could an admin add this to my signature (as it won't allow me to do it in my profile) - thank you:

Right Knee Arthroscopy 1992, 1993, 2000, 2011 (Microfracture)
Right Knee ACL Reconstruction (Patellar Tendon Graft) 1996
Left Knee Arthroscopy 2013 (Microfracture)

I gave attune Implant
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@KTO, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I gave attune Implant
Hi @KTO, I hope your surgery went well on the 2nd and that you are recovering well too.

I would be interested to know how you get on with your new Attune knee, accepting of course that we are all different (even if we have the same make of knee!).

All the best with your recovery, I'll watch out for your updates.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Jeneli57, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you! Getting a little bit nervous as I have been there before and know what’s ahead of me. All the best to everyone
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Hibiscus6, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@rbabycks, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Had a right TKR last Monday, Jan. 8. I found this forum after the fact. Too bad- I would have had that Lounge Doctor I just ordered already. I had a 2-hour education class and plenty of resources pre-op but this forum has already been quite helpful post-op.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@CdnCarol, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I gave attune Implant
Hi @KTO, I hope your surgery went well on the 2nd and that you are recovering well too.

I would be interested to know how you get on with your new Attune knee, accepting of course that we are all different (even if we have the same make of knee!).

All the best with your recovery, I'll watch out for your updates.

Hi, my apologies for delay in responding. Background.. I am 52 years old female. Was very athletic.. no other medical conditions ,( except 25 pounds overweight️) my non surgical leg is healthy.. I had Left TKR on Jan 2nd.
(Surgeon was chief of surgery , decades of experience)

Current status: 17 days post op. (2 1/2 weeks). Walking with cane, stitches removed Day 13 post op, still some swelling, pain around knee. And discomfort in calf. Difficult to sleep longer than 2 hours at a time.

My surgery went extremely well. Walked two times down hall day of surgery . Walked 2x next day and was discharged that day.
3 days post op my PT said i can ditch the walker and use cane as long as I don't limp.. my husband went out and bought me a cane. I switched to cane and used walker occasionally days 4 thru 8. (Just waking up , middle of night or just walking to help my gait). Hance not used walker in a while.

I took all pain meds like clock work for first week and a half, I was always afraid of not being ahead of pain.. I took oxycodone every 4hrs at most 5hrs.

My pain meds were oxycodone and tylenol....I took last oxycodine on day 13 . ( prior to day 13 I was reducing frequency and amount of oxycodone was taking; but still taking tylenol every 6 hrs) I now take Tylenol and Celebrex.
(Tylenol is acetaminophen) . I am also taking aspirin and colace.

Had 5 PT sessions at home, started outpatient PT . Will have second outpatient PT session tomorrow.

Thanks for asking,
Do you have Attune implant?

Kate
(Philadelphia area, PA, USA)
 
You are doing fantastically well @KTO, thank you for the update!

I’ve got a week to go (26th Jan) until my RTKR and have been told it will be an Attune knee. My surgeon is also very experienced, so I am optimistic for a good outcome and given time would like to get back to or as near to my previous levels of activity if I can (gym, boxing training etc, but mostly cycling) but no more Rugby .

I count myself lucky that I’ve been able to maintain my fitness before I have the surgery, and I hope it stands me in good stead.

It’s so encouraging to read your positive progress, I hope I’ll be able to come close to emulating it.

Keep up the great work and let me know how that Attune knee of yours gets on!
 
You are doing fantastically well @KTO, thank you for the update!

I’ve got a week to go (26th Jan) until my RTKR and have been told it will be an Attune knee. My surgeon is also very experienced, so I am optimistic for a good outcome and given time would like to get back to or as near to my previous levels of activity if I can (gym, boxing training etc, but mostly cycling) but no more Rugby .

I count myself lucky that I’ve been able to maintain my fitness before I have the surgery, and I hope it stands me in good stead.

It’s so encouraging to read your positive progress, I hope I’ll be able to come close to emulating it.

Keep up the great work and let me know how that Attune knee of yours gets on!
I hope your surgery goes well.. prior to surgery i swam a few times a week . Not the week before because pool was closed.. and the two days prior to surgery i drank a large amount of water and no alcohol the day before...

how old are you? And precious injuries influence need for TKR?
 
how old are you? And precious injuries influence need for TKR?
Thanks Kate, @KTO, I hope so too. I'm also aiming to do a bit more in the pool, but I tend to be more of a sinker than a swimmer :-). I think some refresher lessons on technique might help.

Regarding my history, I'm 50 years old and have a history of sports injuries to my right knee, mostly from playing Rugby Union (which I played up until I was 43).

My first injury occurred when I was 21. Over the intervening years I have had four Meniscectomies (one with Microfracture) and an ACL replacement. So I shouldn't be too fed up, as I guess I'm lucky to have had a further 29 years of full-on use of a pretty damaged knee.

Up until very recently I was extremely active in the gym and on my road bike, then I had a small accident in early November which was enough to trigger a deterioration in the performance, use and range of motion of my right knee.

Cue a visit to the OS and a simple X-Ray, which just confirmed what I already knew - my knee was past fixing with another arthroscopy. Bone on bone, osteophytes everywhere with bits broken off throughout the joint.

On the plus side, I've not had huge amounts of pain with it in its current state and I can still exercise at around 75% of the effort I previously did, which makes the decision to have a TKR a real dilemma. The deciding factors for me have been;

a) It is significantly hampering my exercise regime and isn't getting any better, just gradually worse - which means I will too if it carries on like this.
b) The lack of straightening and bend (my ROM is +10 extension and +110 flexion, sometimes a lot less) is starting to affect my right hip, left knee and posture generally.

So I've decided to get it done while I'm still in a reasonably fit state.
I'm upping my water intake too this week. Not long now!
Take care, Rob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom