2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Rob,
Welcome to the club! It will be fun to keep up with everyone. I guess it's time for me to make my own thread!
 
Thanks @MSgirl - I'm not sure it's a club I would ever apply to join:umm:, but I'm happy to have become a member because the support and experiences of everyone else on this journey will make a huge difference to us all I'm sure.
 
I look forward to it. I've never talked to anyone from the United Kingdom!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 2018 alexslda (bilateral)
08 January 2018 Shabana (partial), Pookims (her first), jeepster01 (bilateral)
09 January 2018 magee718 (bilateral), ShirleyMc (her second)
10 January 2018 glasgowolf
11 January 2018 ATHIKER
15 January 2018 GingerP (her second), Menelfloss, MSgirl (her second), amymj (her second)
17 January 2018 jboles (her second)
22 January 2018 Beckadeez, saltyrose (her second)
23 January 2018 kygirl65
26 January 2018 robhunt3
29 January 2018 Cocolyman, SADD (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@robhunt3, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Please change my RTKR surgery date to January 17. I'm recovering from pneumonia, and when I went for my pre-op anesthesia appointment last week, they did chest a x-ray and said I still had fluid in my lungs, so I had to move my surgery date. The doctor said it may change again, depending upon my lungs. I'm feeling much better, so hopefully I will be able to proceed on January 17.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@ATHIKER, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Having second knee done Jan.15. Enjoy the posts...never feel alone!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@amymj, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
With this hectic season coming to an end, I am so looking forward to my surgery on January 29th! I have not been able to do too much this holiday season and standing and cooking all day on Christmas Eve really took a toll on these old knees. I am so at peace with the decision to have my bilateral and so looking forward to next Christmas when I can actually "function"!!!! I am only 69 but feel more like 99. Anticipating a new year with new knees and able to everything and anything I can!!!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good KNEE!
 
Hope everyone had a great holiday! The New Year is coming and I am so looking forward to it! New Year - New Knees! I am not going to fool myself, I know it will be a long recovery and a few weeks of pain but there is a rainbow at the end and can't wait to be able to WALK up my stairs w/o having to almost crawl up them. So many things to look forward to so the discomfort I will have for awhile will be worth it (HA I say that now!) But I am sure it will be. I look forward to hearing from everyone of the January Jackpots since my surgery isn't till the end I will cherish your words on what you are going thru so I can prepare my mind for the same thing. Good Luck to all of my January friends on your new journey!!!
 
@SADD,
Welcome! We are January partners. I had my first in January and will get my second January 15th. Wish I could have done them both at the same time but leftie wasn't ready. Just based on my first one, your life is about to get so much better. I used to go up stairs using hands and feet (only if someone else wasn't around!) or else ask everyone to go up first since I could only go up them with one foot. Even with just one new knee, it has been amazing that I can climb stairs with two feet. Something I couldn't do for about 10 years.

I'm staying really positive even though I know that this knee may not behave as well as the first. We'll see. Meanwhile, let's keep up with each other and cheerlead all us January Jackpots!
 
I'm having a right total knee replacement on January 22. I'm happy to have found this forum.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Beckadeez, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi .... i will be having a TKR on my left knee January 22,2018. I had my right knee replaced on June 8, 2017 . Cannot wait until i can go for long walks again! I find walking so therapeutic.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@saltyrose, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom