2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Getting my left knee replaced this Monday, January 22, 7:30am Alaska Time. Years of being a farmhand, skiier, runner and field geologist have taken their toll. It's my first, and I'm very apprehensive - at "Joint Academy" they made sure to highlight all the ways we could die, and how we could be opiod-addicted and housebound at 6 weeks. :unsure: I'm hopeful for a relative quick turnaround - want to get off the drugs ASAP and am will be antsy to drive. Just trying to balance optimism (and a fidgety nature!) with realism!:good-bad:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 2018 alexslda (bilateral), KTO
03 January 2018 rpreston (partial, his second)
05 January 2018 Buckbuck
08 January 2018 Shabana (partial), Pookims (her first), jeepster01 (bilateral), CdnCarol, dizzydee
09 January 2018 magee718 (bilateral), ShirleyMc (her second), LanaKay
10 January 2018 glasgowolf, bethsail
11 January 2018 ATHIKER
15 January 2018 GingerP (her second), Menelfloss, MSgirl (her second), amymj (her second), Jeneli57 (revision), Spatz
17 January 2018 jboles (her second)
22 January 2018 Beckadeez, saltyrose (her second), Hibiscus6, jmschmidt
23 January 2018 kygirl65
25 January 2018 rbabycks, Gill0416
26 January 2018 robhunt3
29 January 2018 Cocolyman, SADD (bilateral), Agnes, Jaguar55
30 January 2018 dwill3 (his second), Megan(her second), rmcorliss
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@jmschmidt, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a Janaury Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
  • Like
Reactions: KTO
yes, had my surgery on Monday January 15th at Providence Hospital in Waco Texas. Presently I am doing rehab at St Catherines Rehabilitation Center in Waco Texas. so far so good I've gone to the hospitals joint camp and now I am taking physical training and occupational Training
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Spatz, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Spatz, I will be so happy to put this behind me and partaking in PT. I know I’ll be doing PT twice a day the 2-3 days I’m in the hospital. Then 3x a week for 3 weeks in home, then outpatient therapy for for a few weeks. It looks like all January surgeries are almost over with. Good luck to you in your recovery.
 
Hi everyone- I am having a left total knee replacement on Jan 30th. I had my right knee replaced in 2015 and this site was so informative and supportive. No complications with the right knee and I am praying for a smooth left knee replacement
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Megan, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Megan this is my first TKR my left. I see the right knee in my future. I am hoping for a good outcome Thursday. This site has been an inspiration for me. It’s always nice to know your not the only one going through these types of surgeries. They seem a lot more common today and much more advanced. In just a few more days it will over for all of us just the healing. Good luck on the 30TH.
 
Hi .... i will be having a TKR on my left knee January 22,2018. I had my right knee replaced on June 8, 2017 . Cannot wait until i can go for long walks again! I find walking so therapeutic.

Hi there, I just had surgery for left TKR this afternoon. How are you doing after your surgery?
 
I was scheduled for a left TKR on Friday January 19th but had to reschedule for today, January 25th as I had possible sinus infection/flu and had a fever. In recovery now.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Gill0416, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Gill0416. I had my LTKR yesterday with a total block, whici am still waiting for the block to wear off. The scar was not very pretty but when I went to PT for the second time I actually moved the leg more. So far my pain level was 0 but now that the blocker is wearing off I’m having just a slight discomfort on the inside of the knee. The nurses have above and beyond wonderful. My husband came down with an intestinal virus the night before my surgery. His culture was negative and no fever. I thought I was going to have to reschedule,fortunately the surgery went as planned. My son and my daughter in law brought me to the hospital and stayed with me. That evening my husband surprised me. He stoyed with me while my kids went home to rest being he was still trying to get rid of his virus. Today my kids are back with me hubby has gone to rest the come back this evening. So far so good. I know there will be discomfort but been assured the pain will not be as bad as before surgery.once I go home I’m sure I will add more. The meds right now are keeping me a bit sleepy.i am hoping to go home Saturday or Sunday. I agree with you I can’t wait to get back to my activities, it’s been way to long. I hoped to be back walking and gardening. Life’s to short to waste. I hope your doing well after your surgery. Good luck to all January surgeries and for those coming up. I’m still a little loopy please excuse my spelling and some verbiage.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@rmcorliss, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@rmcorliss I wish you much luck on your first TKR. It was my first also on 1/25/18.im into day three. Yesterday was rough when the blocker wore off.im doing well I’m walked no much better my pain level hasn’t been past a 5 1/2.i think I get to home later this afternoon. I’ll update when I’m less loopy
 
Had RTKR on Jan 8th. So grateful for this site and the sharing of experiences. Glad not to be alone in my recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
 
Yes, it is definitely a good feeling knowing we’re not alone. For myself,it’s nice to know the surgery is over. Now over a week post op. Looking forward to doing activities soon that I have missed for so long. I know I am going to have to have the right knee done within the next year or so. I’ll know approximately how long it will be when when I see my Dr for the follow up February 14/18, he is going to take X-rays of my right knee. Once I have both knees taking care of I hope I’ll be able to do the things I enjoyed and have missed for so many years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom