2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all my January Jackpot buddies. Looks like I am first up on 1/2/18 so I will start my recovery thread in the next few days. I am not terrified anymore, but definitely a little anxious and trying to make sure I have everything ready before my big day. It's a lot to think about since I am having both done and I will be out of commission for a while. I think this is what has had me so distracted I can't freak out. Talk to me when I am headed to the hospital on Tuesday morning!

Best of luck to us all for successful, uneventful surgeries and smooth recoveries.
 
Since you are first, I nominate you to be our leader! Sending you best wishes for a great surgery. I'll be thinking about you Tuesday.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 2018 alexslda (bilateral)
03 January 2018 rpreston (partial, his second)
05 January 2018 Buckbuck
08 January 2018 Shabana (partial), Pookims (her first), jeepster01 (bilateral)
09 January 2018 magee718 (bilateral), ShirleyMc (her second), LanaKay
10 January 2018 glasgowolf, bethsail
11 January 2018 ATHIKER
15 January 2018 GingerP (her second), Menelfloss, MSgirl (her second), amymj (her second)
17 January 2018 jboles (her second)
22 January 2018 Beckadeez, saltyrose (her second)
23 January 2018 kygirl65
26 January 2018 robhunt3
29 January 2018 Cocolyman, SADD (bilateral), Agnes, Jaguar55
30 January 2018 dwill3 (his second)
 
I went to the site but I can't figure out how to post my date of surgery without starting a new thread. It's Jan. 9 on left knee, tkr.
 
Thoughts are for you as Tuesday nears. i will have mine done the following Tuesday. Time to get this going and be on the other side getting better.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@LanaKay, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a Janaury Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
28 days to go and counting!!!! This cold weather is really taking a toll on the old knees. I will be looking forward for updates on those getting surgery before me... Good Luck to all!!!!
 
I am having a partial left knee replacement
on Wed Jan 3rd. This follows a partial on my right knee last April. My surgery is at 7:30!am EST... arrival at hospital at 5:30. Hoping to come home the same day. I am having
A Game Ready Ice Compression Machine Delivered tomorrow for a three week rental. It was a great help when I had the right knee done.
 
Please tell me again how I find those who have had partial knee replacements. Something about “yellow “ but I couldn’t find it. Thanks.
 
I have my right TKR THIS Friday, January 5th at Hospital For Special Surgery in NYC. Very nervous. I’m 51 and a former competitive cyclist/outdoor enthusiast, so I’m really looking forward to getting back on my feet. I’m exceptionally nervous.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@rpreston, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Buckbuck, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
dwill3 here. Sorry, I'm not computer literate enough to figure out the posting system, but I did register today. I'm having my second (left) TKR on January 30. Two years, to the day, from my first (right) TKR. I've never been completely satisfied with the first set of results, so I'm fearful, but optimistic for the second. I take partial responsibility for never feeling a full recovery the first time. I wasn't great on the therapy regimen. I vow to do better this time, because I don't want two knees at 60%. I'm still too active and have too many plans to let my knees slow me down.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@dwill3, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Agnes, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Good morning! I’m TKR left knee Wed Jan 10! Yikes! I’m “bricking it” as someone said....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good morning! I’m TKR left knee Wed Jan 10! Yikes! I’m “bricking it” as someone said....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I’m in an app and I don’t seem to be able to start a new thread , just reply.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@bethsail, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello everyone,

Just joined this forum today. I am scheduled for a right knee replacement on January 29, 2018. I am so glad to have found this forum, lots of useful information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom