2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Glad to hear you are doing so well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Hipster023! My procedure also went well. Had kind of a rough night between nausea and pain, but PT & OT were good and I'll be ready for d/c later today. Will tackle the stairs in a few hours. Getting back in to my own clothes,helps a bunch, too.

Congratulations on coming through without pain! Forward we go!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
My THR scheduled for May 30 was cancelled becasue I found out by a blood test for metal allergies that I am very sensitive to nickel. So now my dr is looking around to see if he can find an implant without nickel. Glad I found out about this potential problem before I had surgery, I only want to do this ONCE!
 
@BSA - Wow! A metal allergy, who knew? What a good thing to find out about sooner, rather than later. Sorry you must wait, though.

If your OS wants to consult with someone regarding the best devices for you, maybe my guy, Dr. Gary Bradley at Alta Orthopedics up in Santa Barbara, would be a good resource. He's a lecturer in Material Sciences at UCSB, has consulted with the NHS in the UK and has worked with joint replacement design and manufacturers like Kinemed (company in Camarillo). An all-around awesome guy, very well regarded by his colleagues. My surgery on Monday went very smoothly; so far, recovery has been uneventful, in a good way. [emoji6]

Good luck to you and keep us in the loop!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
I'm sorry to hear about the metal allergy, @BSA . I've removed you from the list. Do let us know when things are sorted out and you have a new surgery date, won't you?


01 May 17 moonbeam22, Mojo333 (bilateral)
02 May 17 1GreatGran, Joan
08 May 17 AnneM77 (first hip)
09 May 17 elvatrguy, kayak59, mills_pc
11 May 17 hp the
12 May 17 2beyoung,
15 May 17 AnneM77 (second hip)
17 MAY 17 oznut (her second), JAS
18 May 17 Mettlehip, Tedsmum
19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
22 May 17 ScenicRte, Hipster023
23 May 17 jassiblu
24 May 17 aura
 
I'm having a left THR on May 31st, anterior approach.
 
Good luck to you! It was not as bad as I expected.....so far the pain is manageable and I feel like I am making progress every day. :smile2:
 
Hi Lorelei99, @Hipster023 and I are both seven days out from our respective anterior THR surgeries. I too, have been making progress, pain has been largely manageable with Tylenol and ice, ice baby.

It's funny, this morning about 8 o'clock I remembered being in the hospital last Monday at the exact same time getting prepped, and thinking, "I wish it was a week from now." And now, it is.

The Bonesmart philosophy and guidelines have been great advice. Whenever I've strayed, my body complains, then I get back on track.

All good luck with your surgery on Wednesday and before you know it, you'll be seven days out, too. Keep us in the loop, ask all the questions you need to, and complain PRN.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've added you to the list @Lorelei99 . I hope it goes well.

01 May 17 moonbeam22, Mojo333 (bilateral)
02 May 17 1GreatGran, Joan
08 May 17 AnneM77 (first hip)
09 May 17 elvatrguy, kayak59, mills_pc
11 May 17 hp the
12 May 17 2beyoung,
15 May 17 AnneM77 (second hip)
17 MAY 17 oznut (her second), JAS
18 May 17 Mettlehip, Tedsmum
19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
22 May 17 ScenicRte, Hipster023
23 May 17 jassiblu
24 May 17 aura
31 May 17 Lorelei99
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom