Guest viewing is limited

2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

@2beyoung I have added your name to the May Marvels list.

01 May 17 moonbeam22, Mojo333 (bilateral)
02 May 17 1GreatGran, Joan
08 May 17 AnneM77 (first hip)
09 May 17 elvatrguy, kayak59, mills_pc
11 May 17 hp the
12 May 17 2beyoung
15 May 17 AnneM77 (second hip)
17 MAY 17 oznut (her second), JAS
19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
22 May 17 ScenicRte, Hipster023
24 May 17 aura
30 May 17 BSA
 
May 9. Right hip due to AVN.

Done and home! Everything went very well. Dr. said surgery went as planned and my right femoral head looked like a ping pong ball with a big dent in it. Looking forward to recovery.
 
@mills pc ,
Why don't you start a thread in the hip recovery forum, you will receive more replies to any questions or concerns you may have. Starting a new thread and posting

How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Hi! My pre-op appointment for a LTHR is May 12th along with the two hour class. My surgery is set for May 23rd. I'm very nervous and am struggling. I know it's best for me..but still worried. The type of method being used was not mentioned. Hoping to have some answers at the pre-op appt.
 
I'm a May Marvel! OP scheduled for 5/18/17 for LTHR! :umm:Let the good times roll! Good luck to all with their OPs too!
 
Mettle hip and jassiblu, you have been added to the May Marvels surgery list.

Please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 17 moonbeam22, Mojo333 (bilateral)
02 May 17 1GreatGran, Joan
08 May 17 AnneM77 (first hip)
09 May 17 elvatrguy, kayak59, mills_pc
11 May 17 hp the
12 May 17 2beyoung,
15 May 17 AnneM77 (second hip)
17 MAY 17 oznut (her second), JAS
18 May 17 Mettlehip
19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
22 May 17 ScenicRte, Hipster023
23 May 17 jassiblu
24 May 17 aura
30 May 17 BSA
 
Hi
I am having a R THR on the 18th May, having been cancelled on the 27th April. Have attended all the pre op classes and read all the amazing information on this forum. Had a LTHR in 2009 which went well and the hip remains brilliant. The same surgeon is doing the right hip so am praying for the same outcome. I had a spinal anaesthetic last time with sedation which was great and am planning the same again. I'm lucky to have an experienced surgeon and live close to a centre of excellence. Am trying not to get too anxious and am concentrating on the positives of pain free mobility in due course.
 
Tedsmum I have added you to the May Marvels.

Please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 17 moonbeam22, Mojo333 (bilateral)
02 May 17 1GreatGran, Joan
08 May 17 AnneM77 (first hip)
09 May 17 elvatrguy, kayak59, mills_pc
11 May 17 hp the
12 May 17 2beyoung,
15 May 17 AnneM77 (second hip)
17 MAY 17 oznut (her second), JAS
18 May 17 Mettlehip, Tedsmum
19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
22 May 17 ScenicRte, Hipster023
23 May 17 jassiblu
24 May 17 aura
30 May 17 BSA
 
Hi @mills_pc Did you have your surgery on the 9th? Hope all went well. Mine did and my thread is "on the other side."
 
Hi there my date is May 24 - I am a bit nervous

Hi Kaura ~
You are almost to the finish line (or is it the starting line?).....I have my 2nd THR scheduled for tomorrow AM.
I am 6 months post #1 THR & feel a little less anxious knowing what to expect but still......a little edgy.
Hope to get a few Zzzzzs tonight but see you on the other side soon!
Best to you!
Joni
 
Happy to report I am home & now fully bionic. Let the recovery phase commence! Thanks all for your support! We got this....
 
@oznut Great news! Will look for your recovery thread as the weeks pass.

Surgery tomorrow for me and @Hipster023...

It's funny, Friday was my last day of work and an end of the semester party. It was wonderful to get everyone's good wishes and be able to say, "Oh yes, everything's ready, got all the to-do items checked off." Yeah, right. Yesterday, I realized that even though all the big stuff (pre-op tests, home equipment, insurance auths, disabled parking placard, etc.) has been done, there's still a slew of small-but-important stuff to do and it's got to get done, TODAY.
- do laundry
- locate baggy pants capable of accommodating post-surgical swelling set up nightstand
complete advance directives form
- double-check pre-op instructions
- pack bag for Hospital
- betadyne wash tonight
- etc., etc.

Feels similar to prepping for international travel, just maybe not quite as fun.

Added to list:
- listen to "Successful Surgery" guided visualization and affirmations again
- get my Zen on

And away we go!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
Surgery set for Tuesday. I've been nesting lol.house is all clean...even windows. I'll rest better knowing things are clean and where they go. Issues with my blood pressure in the last week or so. I think it must be anxiety. Starting to get a tad nervous and worried. Trying to stay busy.
 
Hope your recovery goes well. I'm on the other side. Since my surgery back on the 12th have been depressed and wishing I hadn't went through with it. Please let me know it will get better and it is worth all that I'm going through.
 
Thanks! Loading the car, getting on the road to the hospital. See you on the other side!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
Hello from the other side! @ScenicRte - how did it go? I was sick with cold entire week before the surgery, but they still decided to proceed yesterday. It went well, I have no pain, I was already up in the afternoon and today I went up and down the stairs. Seems like I am going home in a few hours. Everyone here is amazed how well I am doing (including myself) so I hope it stays that way. Hope you are doing well with your recovery!!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom