BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

2017 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Feb 27, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
    Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 17 1GreatGran
    11 May 17 hp thr
    17 MAY 17 oznut (her second)
    19 May 17 houndmom (bilateral)
    22 May 17 ScenicRte

24 May 17 kaura

3. kaura

kaura New Member

Canada Canada
    Hi there my date is May 24 - I am a bit nervous

4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 22.jpg @kaura, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimjam

jimjam New Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm due to see my OS on the 11th of march to discuss possible THR. I've been told the waiting list is about 12 weeks so not too long to wait. I'll be following your progress so keep posting. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

6. 1GreatGran

1GreatGran Junior Member

My date is May 2 and I am getting very anxious.

7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 9.jpg @1GreatGran, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

8. 1GreatGran

1GreatGran Junior Member

I have received some great tips for home recovery. I know the regular couch is too low and now firm enough, but exactly high should it be for ease of movement.

9. oznut

oznut Junior Member

Here we go again.....May 17th for my (R) anterior THR. I am currently 4 mos. post (L) anterior THR.
    Can't wait to be fully bionic & resume some pain free activity! Wish me luck....

• Like Like x 1
  10. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 60.jpg @oznut, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

11. houndmom

houndmom Junior Member

May 19th. Bilateral total hip replacement. In MN

12. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 97.jpg @houndmom, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

13. hp thr

hp thr New Member

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, I have a thr booked for the 11th of may.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

14. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 1.jpg @hp thr, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

15. ScenicRte

ScenicRte Junior Member

Hi, I'm set for a R anterior THR on the 22nd of May. Looking forward to getting surgery / rehab over and done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

16. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

may 27.jpg @ScenicRte, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

17. kayak59

kayak59 Senior

Got my date! May 9th and I am SO READY!

18. maggie23

maggie23 Junior Member

Hi
    I am booked for the 16th May,(LTHR) everyone has asked "how do you feel about it" I am glad to have it done but they have not told me about having the right hip done. I just feel that I am not going to get the best from the LTHR with the right hip giving me just as much pain.
    My pre assessment is on Wednesday 19th April and I have a joint class on 26th April.

19. 1GreatGran

1GreatGran Junior Member

Hi Maggie,
    I , am scheduled for May 2, 15 days from today. Today I go for my pre-op appointment. I am having my right hip done, posterior method. The doctor told me already the left will need to done also.
    My nervousness comes and goes. The more I prepare my house, the more real it becomes. I am looking forward to having it done, so I can get the next one. I am 63 in June and hope to have my 65 B.D. to be a celebration of my new hips and what they will enable me to do again.
    Best of luck to you and speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

20. maggie23

maggie23 Junior Member

Hi 1GreatGran
    It is nice that you have something to look forward to, That might be something I should look at.
    The preparations you are doing in the house is that all the things you have read in BoneSmart. I am going to start my list and keep going until the day.

I hope your pre assessment went well and had no issues.

You sound very positive, thanks for welcoming me. I wish you all the best for Tuesday 2nd May.